Food Lion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Food Lion Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2017

1.9

Interview

Got a call on Tuesday, but she was off until Friday. I called back on Friday and got an interview time for the following day. I was told to bring my social security card and ID if hired. She was very nice and the interview was short with just a few questions about my past work experience(none in the grocery industry.) I was hired on spot. I had to watch a video about welcome to the company. We went over paperwork and she gave me my shirt and name tag. Then she scheduled me for my first day of training. They're extremely flexible and just want their workers to be happy with their work schedule.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, was told I would get paid $8.50/hr and work from 32+ hours during the summer. Part time position.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

They put a sign in the window and I applied online; after a week I went into check the progress of the application. The manager seemed very pleased that I took the initiative to come in and check on application. I got an interview call 3 week later. The interview went great the manager liked that I had customer service experience. Very easy! She offered me the job right then. Part time 4-29 hours.

Interview Questions

• What cashier experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • what's your flexibility? If asked you to come in on a Sunday at 7am would you come in? (follow up) What about if I asked to to stay until 11pm? (follow up) 7am to 11pm?   Answer Question

Negotiation

She asked me up-front what I wanted to be payed and I said $8.50 an hour; she offered me $9. Then I found out that Food Lion started everyone at $9 an hour so I would of asked for more if I knew that.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Food Lion (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

A family member asked if they were hiring, they were so i applied online. A few days later i got a phone call from the store manager. I came in to interview with the manager, i did not receive the job on the spot. I followed up with him a couple of times. After i had followed up with him he asked me to come in to do a second interview with another manager from the store. I did not receive the job on the spot. The manager called me a few days later calling to say i got the job. I came in and got my shirt and to sign some stuff. Overall great people to work with and they are flexible with hours.

Negotiation

I was offered 9$

Anonymous Employee in Goldsboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Food Lion (Goldsboro, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a very clear cut interview and short, maybe 20 minutes. They were impressed with my resume. During the interview, we related with a couple personal issues and I explained my prior work experience. After the interview finished, the manager was very impressed and eagerly wanted me to start immediately.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve a customer complaint?   1 Answer

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaufort, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Food Lion (Beaufort, NC).

Interview

I had spoken with the Store Manager as a Customer about my extensive Management and Project Management experience. I gave him a copy of my resume. Several months later he called me and told about the changes Food Lion were about to go through and asked me if I would like to help make those changes Materialize. I said yes...

Interview Questions

• Since I did the hiring I will talk about basic question I asked everyone...
      1) I have many people for this one job, Why should I hire You?
      2) If I asked your previous manager (or teacher for High school students) what was your best asset, what you they tell me?
      3) followed immediately by If I asked this same person what do you need to improve on what would they say...(this answer carried a lot of weight and you would be surprised how they answer....
      Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

Spoke to the Customer Service Manger about myself and my previous experiences. They wanted to know my days and hours of availability. Have you worked in customer service before and was I comfortable working with customers.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Food Lion (Cary, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

It was fast and smooth personal was great I felt like family the hiring manager and I rapidly engaged conversations.what I liked was how he gave me hope in how I can grow really fast with the company!

Interview Questions

• How long will you plan to be with us?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

Filled out the application online got a call almost 3 weeks later scheduled an interview. Had the first interview than had another interview with the other shift manager, waited for a few minutes, had the interview canceled rescheduled, same thing happen. Finally had the 5 minute interview with the second manager was told I had job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

The manager was very nice and seemed to care. He did not intimidate. The initial position I had applied for was not open but was asked if I would take a position in Quality Assurance which was new to the company.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Food Lion (Fredericksburg, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Easy. Manangement was friendly! They called several times to see when the best time for me to interview would be. I also was brought in with several other people but they allowed it to be friendly and not feel to much like a competition.