Food Lion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

1.9

Produce Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Food Lion (Harrisonburg, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Relaxed, standard questions. Really liked it when I provided specific examples to support my answers to each question. Smile and dress nice- they like overdressed people. Got offered the job a couple days later. Turnover rate is big so if you don't blow the interview you'll get the job.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Produce Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Food Lion (Harrisonburg, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Easy. Interviewer just read off list of questions. I just made jokes to appeal to her kind of sense of humor. Asks about previous employment. Very basic. Smile and dress nice they appreciate it.

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rocky Mount, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Food Lion (Rocky Mount, NC).

Interview

Went well. The csm asked a lot of questions concerning my last job. And what do i have to offer the company. Then was offered a position. I accepted it and was giving a start date to do my cbts( computer base test).

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Apex, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Food Lion (Apex, NC).

Interview

The interview experience was excellent and went extremely well. I was hired on the spot because of my experience over the years and my ability to do the job. I have the abilities to do other jobs in the store if asked to go and help out if needed with stocking shelves and unloading trucks.

Interview Questions

• What are my skills for doing this job?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seaford, DE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Food Lion (Seaford, DE).

Interview

Ask what you would do and why you want to join food lion. Asked have you ever been in certain situations and how you responded to the sitatuation. Asked how much you were seeking

Grocery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Food Lion (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

applied waited 10 for application period to end .later called for interview with assistant manager and store manager. Then I waited 4 more days for the interview process to end. I received a call with a offer.

Stocker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Food Lion in September 2016.

Interview

I will always be on time and always have a positive attitude towards the workers and employees, I will do what's asked of me and I will go above and beyond to make my boss happy

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Food Lion (Greensboro, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Good,Asking the hiring manager questions is like bringing flowers and chocolates with you.  Not only are you getting more information about the job, you’re showing the interviewer that you genuinely care about the position, the company, and your role should you get hired. count the money flip the baskets run costumer service don't take things personal do your job pick up your check.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lumberton, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Food Lion (Lumberton, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

interviewed by a panel of my peers, was panel quizzed by my District Manager and 3 specialist within the Food Lion Banner. Was given the opprotunity to express my views and opinion.

Interview Questions

• why i felt i was qualified for the position   1 Answer

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newton, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Food Lion (Newton, NC).

Interview

First time I applied they tried to offer me another position for a lower pay and I declined they swore I wasn't going to get the compensation I was asking for from the beginning a week later I did. I reapplied for the CSM job a year later and met with the Store Manager and then district a week later for a follow-up interview. This time they wanted to give me assistant store manager promised to call and then never called. I know they do not invest in their team members and like to have outside talent that has been trained already. Nevertheless they are far too unorganized for my me.

Interview Questions

• Your previous grocery experience.   2 Answers

Compensation is non negotiable that's a deal killer at higher positions.