Food Lion Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2017

1.9

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Food Lion (Cary, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

It was fast and smooth personal was great I felt like family the hiring manager and I rapidly engaged conversations.what I liked was how he gave me hope in how I can grow really fast with the company!

Interview Questions

• How long will you plan to be with us?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

Filled out the application online got a call almost 3 weeks later scheduled an interview. Had the first interview than had another interview with the other shift manager, waited for a few minutes, had the interview canceled rescheduled, same thing happen. Finally had the 5 minute interview with the second manager was told I had job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

The manager was very nice and seemed to care. He did not intimidate. The initial position I had applied for was not open but was asked if I would take a position in Quality Assurance which was new to the company.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Food Lion (Fredericksburg, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Easy. Manangement was friendly! They called several times to see when the best time for me to interview would be. I also was brought in with several other people but they allowed it to be friendly and not feel to much like a competition.

Front End Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Food Lion (Fayetteville, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied and received phone call for an interview about 3 days later. Came 15mins early. Interviewer asked basic interview questions. Was told that I would be given 29 hrs or less and start at minimum wage but that was negotiable. Couple of hours later I was called and offered the job. Along With an increased wage by 50 cents. Told her I would call before the week is over to give her my decision. I had an interview the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was given a 50 cent raise since I already have my associates degree.

Grocery Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murrells Inlet, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Food Lion (Murrells Inlet, SC) in January 2016.

Interview

Easy usual questions. Hired on the spot. They asked where I worked and if I was okay with night shifts like 8pm-4am for truck nights. They asked about prior jobs and what I can bring to the team.

Interview Questions

• What made you pick foodlion?   1 Answer

PT Grocery Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

Applied online, 3 days later i got interviewed and hired the same day.
    Interview questions were easy, simple and dumby-proof
    Basically went over my resume, asked 3 simple questions and i got hired.

Interview Questions

• Can you lift over 50 lbs?
      What does are you available?
      3 Answers

Deli Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

Questions about experience, introduction to company tour of facility, questions regarding customer service, meet and greet with managers of departments, introduction to computer systems, filling out of paper work , ordering uniforms, customer service quizzes

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who was asking for help while you were already engaged with another customer   Answer Question

Market Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Food Lion (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

Interview was the easiest ever. I had just moved to town and needed an easy job. I had previously worked for the company for about a year in a different department. I actually quit without notice but I guess they were never called. The hiring manager said I was the only applicant out of 50 without any kind of criminal record and offered me a job on the stop.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview question. Tell us about yourself, your experience, availability etc.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

Initial phone call from the "talent acquisition team" and an appointment for an interview. Initially involved asking me if I was still interested and assigning another call back one week later.

Interview Questions

• What areas do you think you need to improve as a manager?   7 Answers