Food Lion Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2017

1.7

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Food Lion (Fayetteville, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

I gave an online application, called three times, and visited the store twice. They were far too laid back, kept saying they'd pool applications 'sometime this month' and were highly disrespectful.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Food Lion

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

They put a sign in the window and I applied online; after a week I went into check the progress of the application. The manager seemed very pleased that I took the initiative to come in and check on application. I got an interview call 3 week later. The interview went great the manager liked that I had customer service experience. Very easy! She offered me the job right then. Part time 4-29 hours.

Interview Questions

• What cashier experience do you have?   Answer Question
    • what's your flexibility? If asked you to come in on a Sunday at 7am would you come in? (follow up) What about if I asked to to stay until 11pm? (follow up) 7am to 11pm?   Answer Question

Negotiation

She asked me up-front what I wanted to be payed and I said $8.50 an hour; she offered me $9. Then I found out that Food Lion started everyone at $9 an hour so I would of asked for more if I knew that.

Anonymous Employee in Dover, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Food Lion (Dover, DE).

Interview

Go in the back office and answer questions, talked about experience, then took a tour. If you get a tour most likely you've got the job. She asked questions and I answered be confident but not cocky when applying for jobs like this.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Food Lion in August 2015.

Interview

They were really nice at first and then things kind of changed. They really showed they're emotions toward my responses and I kind of felt annoyed. They would laugh at me and make remarks. I felt like it was very unprofessional.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Food Lion in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and called the store a few days after applying to check on my status. The Customer Service Manager called me back the next day to schedule a 1:1 interview. She was really laid back and made me feel comfortable. I was offered the job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Food Lion (Wilmington, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I called and asked if they were still hiring, and they were. I got an interview scheduled for that Tuesday. It was pretty easy and laid-back, the customer service manager was really nice and made me feel more comfortable and less nervous. At first I was gonna have to wait and meet the head manager, but then the CSM was so impressed she decided to hire me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What does good customer service mean to you?   2 Answers

Negotiation

There was none.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte Hall, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Food Lion (Charlotte Hall, MD) in July 2014.

Interview

After I applied online I got a call I think within the next 48 hours asking for an interview. I came in the next day for the interview and got a call in a couple of hours asking when I could start working. I started the next Monday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopewell, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Food Lion (Hopewell, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

Went in and met with store manager. She loved me and my "individuality". Was told I would hear back within a week. Called numerous times and was told they still hadn't made a decision. Finally they called and offered me the position but I had already found another job by that point.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

interview process was good. Good people, good company. They also have good benefits. Management seems competent. People are really nice at this company. They were also on time. Performance reviews are good.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer comes to you and asks a difficult question.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Food Lion.

Interview

I submit an application online on a Sunday; received a call from them on Friday; had an interview Saturday (hired on the spot); did paperwork on Sunday; did computer based training on Monday and received my schedule; started my first shift on the register on Thursday. It all happened quite quickly. It was my first job so the interview was very quick and easy. It took about 10 minutes. The manager asked about my availability and if I had customer service experience and if I had cash handling experience. I have no experience, but he was very understanding and said that everyone has to start somewhere so he hired me. The worst part about the whole thing was doing the CBTs. It was just really boring and took over 3 hours. Learning the register was pretty easy too. It's a good job. Especially good for people who are in college and need to make some money.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions at all.   Answer Question