Food Safety Net Services Lab Tech I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Food Safety Net Services Lab Tech I Interview Questions

Interviews at Food Safety Net Services

Lab Tech I Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Food Safety Net Services (San Antonio, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

I submitted my application/resume and cover letter making sure to include microbiology lab techniques like "aseptic technique" (you definitely need that for a majority of labs at FSNS). About a week later I received a phone call from HR to schedule an interview for the next week. At the interview two women that do some work in the labs but also do a lot of office, paper work took me into a conference room (later learned that's where we do most of our safety training) and asked me questions about my science and laboratory background; they asked if I prefer team environments or working as individuals better (you're always helping each other out in the labs); etc (I don't remember all the questions). After the interview they took me on a quick tour of the building and labs and said they would let me know about the job in a few days. I was hired by the end of the week and started my orientation the next week. The process from submitting job application to starting work takes almost a month. However, if you apply and they do not REALLY need to fill that position right away, it could take as much as six months to hear back so I recommend calling them and asking if they received your application about a week after you submit it if you have not heard back.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for myself would be if I follow verbal or written instructions better.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, negotiations were not an option. Depending on your experience they may pay you more, but starting for me was $12/hr and I was right out of my undergrad. That was for a Tech I position the Tech II positions require you to work upwards of 55+hrs a week at a salary wage so you end up making less per hour than a Tech I!

Other Interview Reviews for Food Safety Net Services

Lab Tech I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Food Safety Net Services in September 2010.

Interview

Sent in resume with cover letter. Two weeks later received a call for an interview. Interviewed twice, one with the manager, the next with an Assistant Manager. Was hired two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Can you work extended hours, i.e. on Holidays, nights, days, swing-shifts and perform at a high level under a lot of stress?   1 Answer

I'd like some family time when possible, not a prison sentence.