Ford Credit Leadership Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ford Credit Leadership Development Program Interview Questions

Updated Nov 27, 2016

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Credit (Nashville, TN).

Interview

There were two interviews; one on-campus and the other off-campus. The first interview was fairly straight forward with behavioral and situational questions. The recruiter was friendly and looking for someone that could speak well and demonstrate professionalism and confidence.

The second interview included a group case interview. It was given to you before hand, but then you were expected to work with a team at their location to decide on a consensus approach. Afterwards you were given a tour and a final interview that asked some behavioral questions and more in-depth situations.

Overall, the experience was great. The Ford Credit team is incredibly friendly and just looking for the best fit with the company.

Interview Questions

• A dealership is performing well but, not submitting paperwork. What do you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Credit

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Credit (Nashville, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and took their skills assessment, which contained straight-forward situational questions. After about a week and a half, I was contacted by a representative to set up my initial phone interview. This one contained behavior questions, and simply served as a screening to see if they wanted to fly you out to their in-person interviews.

About two weeks after the initial interview, I was told that I was going to be flown out to Nashville for their in-person interviews. It was a 24-hour process where they put you in a hotel in Franklin for the night, and then you go through the interview process the next day. The interview consisted of a group project, an in-person interview (more behavioral and situational questions), and a tour of their Nashville Business Center.

All in all, the process wasn't too difficult. There were no technical questions asked during the process and I was extended an offer. Just stress that you're good with working with people, and you should be good to go.

Interview Questions

• Suppose you have a dealership that ranks highly in sales, but hasn't submitted their paperwork properly for the past two months. How would you deal with this situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ford Credit (Nashville, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

First, you had to perform online assessments which were pretty easy. After that I had a 45 min on-campus interview. Mostly behavioral questions, but they were all very long-winded. About two weeks later, I was invited to the leadership conference in Nashville. The day was pretty lengthy and consisted of a group assessment of the case, and individual interviews. The questions in the interview were actually pretty difficult. There were 5 behavioral and 2 situational. Just answer honestly and be personable. That's a large part of what they look for!

Interview Questions

• Suppose one of the dealerships hasn't been submitting proper paperwork, but their sales are the best in the area. What would you do?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ford Credit in March 2016.

Interview

Before anything, I had to take an assessment test. It was actually hard but I don't think they were looking for you to actually answer all the questions. Instead, they probably wanted you to answer the questions correctly. After I passed that, I was called to be asked when was the best day and time to set up a phone interview. I told them the day and time and they said okay. When they called, the person was nice and told me basically what the interview process would be like. The interview process consisted of behavioral questions and towards the end, maybe 2 situational questions. Overall, probably 7 or so questions asked in total. It's hard to answer some behavioral questions when you actually have no experience in what is being asked. Overall, I had a good experience besides the fact that I wasn't notified whether I would get a second interview or not, which I didn't get one by the way.

Interview Questions

• You are working with a team consisting of 4 people. One person doesn't show up and the other members want to leave and meet some other time. What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Credit (Nashville, TN) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received notification for a phone interview after a few days. It lasted about 40 minutes. The second interview round was at a Ford business center. They flew us to the city and put us in a hotel overnight. The next day we went to the business center for a day full of second interviews, a group assessment, a tour, and lunch. Overall, it was a great experience.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Interview

One interview on campus, and another interview at Nashville. The first interview is easy, the interview questions are very basic. I skipped my classes for the second interview. Skipping class is not a good thing. The second interview is harder. I did not get the offer, but I will go to graduate school for a better position.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Interview

First a 45 minute interview and if you do well there, you get invited to a talent conference for another interview with a case study. The process is still ongoing for me, but it seems like it is a 4 week thing in total, tops. The guy I interviewed with was awesome. Just treat them like any other person, since you know.... they are.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ford Credit (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Consisted of two total interviews, first was one on one second was two interviewers. Not overly difficult interviews, mostly consisted of situational questions. Final interview involved a trip to one of their business centers to gain more insight into the Leadership Development Program and to be able to ask questions and learn more about the program in addition to the final interview.

Interview Questions

• All situational questions, no really difficult questions.   Answer Question

Not the type of job I was looking for

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Credit in October 2014.

Interview

Applied for the interview through a campus job posting. Was selected for the interview and allowed to choose a time slot to interview. The interviewer seemed rushed and had a select group of questions he strictly followed to fit in the 30 minute time frame.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you have failed in school or at work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Credit (Franklin, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied to the program at my university's career center website. A few days later, I received a notification to set up an appointment on campus for an in-person interview. Shortly thereafter, I received a phone call to attend the Talent Management Conference in Franklin, TN. I was excited to attend the conference (hotel, airfare, transfers, and food were paid for). Prior to attending the TM Conference, everyone was required to complete a case study (which was lengthy). I would like to mention that we were only allowed to stay one night; coming from the West Coast, I found the whole trip exhausting. We had to wait for our bus to Ford's office at 7:15am CST, which is 5:15 PST. Needless to say, after a long day of traveling, I was not refreshed when I woke up at 5:30am CST (3:30am PST) to get ready for the interview. Meanwhile, some people drove to the conference from an hour away. It was pretty poorly planned in my opinion and no one took that into consideration.

At the conference, there was a group interview and regular interview with two people. The interview was brutal; there were 7 super long and annoying questions with about 5 parts each. I got along with the interviewers, but was annoyed at the interview questions--I certainly think those could be changed.

After attending the conference, I found out that after the 3 year program is finished, there is "no clearly-defined path" for successful employees. They pretty much stated that it was up to them & depended on what their business needs are at the time. It appears that there is limited upward mobility.

Lastly, if you're expecting tuition reimbursement, think again--it may be possible; however, it is up to your manager. Like I said before, they are more concerned with their business needs than your talents and aspirations.

Needless to say, I am glad that I was not selected. It worked out for the best and I will be pursuing my Ph.D in September.

Interview Questions

• To be honest, there were SO MANY long-winded questions--I can't even remember them anymore.   Answer Question