Ford Motor Company Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.5

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Chicago, IL) in December 2017.

Interview

I was offered the position as a contractor employee. The contract period is for 12 months but can continue if need be or depending on your performance. The process of talking with the recruiter to being hired was about 6 weeks. The interview was with two people the Director of IT and someone from the corporate office in Detroit Mich. It was a conference call like interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview was a bunch of behavior questions asking what would you do if/when etc. There wasn't much information technology questions which surprised me. I think more so than anything they want to make sure you make the right decisions concerning the company.   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

They came on to my university campus and I applied when I met them in person. I was given an interview. They asked behavior questions mostly. Nothing technical. They seem nice but they didn't seem to be passionate in their work such put off a strange feel to the interviewee.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, took a math and behavioral test, received an email about two weeks later from someone to set up an interview. The phone interview lasted about 45 mins to an hour and was very casual and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Offer an example where you lead a group of people, the solutions you devised, etc.   Answer Question

Product Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Pretty straightforward, mostly asked behavioral questions and what my past experience was like. Nothing very technical, it seems like they were mostly concerned about fit. Overall pretty enjoyable and laid back. As long as you have an interesting experience to talk about you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• What was one challenge you faced and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

Assembly Line Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

they called me to come in and take a test, i went, test was real easy basic reading writing math and looking at shapes and matching them up, they called me a week later to come in for a employment screening, took a drug test that same day ,called me a couple weeks later and got hired

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

One round interview with two managers. Very nice and normal questions. A few scenario questions that Ford has a standard copy of. All together a very pleasant experience, got the job very quickly.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength   1 Answer

Negotiation

Recruiter negotiated salary.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

1 in-person interview. 2 Interviewers and myself. Very relaxed process. Polite interviewers who gave more detailed description of the job than the listing provided. I felt like the interview questions were very fair for the role in question. Mix of behavioral and case study questions. They were very quick in getting back as well regarding the status of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Walk through how you would analyze the potential benefits of making a change to an existing model.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

First there is a screening phone interview with human resources, then a 30 minute phone interview with 5 managers, then a plant tour and interview is arranges. Offer comes in an email from corporate in Dearborn Michiga.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

Two person interview. Series of questions. Most were basic behavioral questions. Then some specific situations ones. There were no out-of-the-box questions. It was a pretty standard interview. The interview was probably 30-40 minutes long.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when things did not go your way (i.e. you failed or your work was not up to standards) at work or school - how did you handle/correct this situation and ensure that it did not happen again.   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Long and tedious. It was an 8 hour test. The questions were easy. The process was just long. It asked a lot of personality and safety scenarios. They also had a skills test as well.

Interview Questions

• They asked how would I respond to different safety scenarios.   1 Answer