Ford Motor Company Interview Questions in Dearborn, MI | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

182 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

NVH Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

4 Interviewers, 2 on-site, 2 call-in. The manager first introduced their group and describe what they do within their group. Then he asked me to explain the list in my resume in details. Later they asked me questions about the classes I have took and the proficiency of the softwares that I have used.

Interview Questions

• Do I have multi-body dynamic class?   1 Answer

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

There were two people the hiring manager and team leader for the specific department they were hiring for. the interview was cool, friendly and short.
    Firstly the interviewer greeted very well and told me about himself and the job roles and description.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • they asked me more about my previous work experience in detail   1 Answer
    • any questions for us?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Everything is going well but I didn't get the offer. Three persons in the panel asked your questions during the interview but one hiring manager was in charge.

Interview Questions

• Half of them are behavior questions and the others are for your resume.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call to do a quick screen. Started with typical questions confirming details on the submitted application including salary expectation and willingness to travel.

Interview Questions

• Describe experience or knowledge of the Spring Framework in java.   Answer Question

FCG-Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen for 30 min which covered behavioural type questions. Then had an on-site interview which lasted for 1.5 hrs and had similar questions to the phone interview but went in more detail regarding the technical details of the projects on the resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to face a technical challenge in your project. How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Ford College Graduate - Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied for an interview through university website. Was selected for an on campus interview with two recruiters. Interview consisted of about 5-10 behavioral questions. Ford also asks you to fill out a form to indicate the top 3 engineering departments that you are interested in. Different groups within Ford view this form and your resume to determine whether or not they want to interview you.

A few weeks later I received an email indicating they would like to fly me up to Dearborn, MI for a final interview. This interview consisted of a brief introductory video to Ford, an interview with a panel of three employees from the group that selected me, lunch, and then a tour of the nearby factory.

The interview itself consisted of 5 behavioral questions and 5 "technical" questions, where you are asked to reference past technical experience when answering a question.

The GOOD:
    Interviewers were kind and courteous. Environment was relaxed. Ford rolls out the red carpet for your travel, lodging, and food. Very efficient machine.

The BAD:
    The group interviewing me was not one of the three I selected on the sheet. I needed to email the recruiter to find out which group was interviewing me, so if they don't tell you initially, email your contact and ask. The interview itself was very (>50%) similar to the interview that I went through on campus, not much new material. Very confused why I needed to fly up to Michigan to conduct essentially an identical interview. There was only about 10 minutes left at the end of the interview for me to ask questions of them. Not nearly enough time if you have more than 3 questions to ask about the company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to be innovative to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to take the lead on a project. What was your approach, etc?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you took risk. How did it turn out? Would you change your approach in the future?   Answer Question
    • What are your most prominent technical skills, and how will they carry over to this position?   Answer Question
    • Talk about any experience you have with manipulating and using large amounts of data.   Answer Question

GDIA Data Science Entry Level Interview

Application

Interview

Flew me to Detroit after phone screening. I was asked to present one of my project. I gave them 1hr presentation. Later I was asked basic technical questions on my project and internship experience. Interview was good but didn't get an offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Went to career fair at my university and spoke to the representatives. They recommended that I applied to the FCG program online and I did. A few days later, I was contacted by two recruiters for a phone interview that lasted less than 30 minutes. I will be going to Dearborn on Monday to do a meet and greet, and be interviewed.

Interview Questions

• If there was a project due soon and you had the opportunity to cut corners, would you?   Answer Question

Information Technology Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

FIrst round on campus and then a second round interview in Dearborn, Michigan. Both had case questions which had me analyzing system needs and plans of action for developing systems for clients. Very detailed questions, most of which had several parts. Both rounds were with several Ford employees all directing questions towards me as a panel.

Interview Questions

• You have to provide a database management system for a client, what kind of questions would you ask them about their needs and how would their answers affect the kind of technology you decide to use for your systems solution?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Following an on-campus recruitment event which included a very brief behavioral interview (after a résumé triage), I was invited for an online web-assesment (easy math + behavioral multiple choice questions), and afterwards was flown in to Ford's TRC in Dearborn, MI for a longer in-person interview, which included a review of my résumé and experiences, a few technical questions, a lot of scenario-based questions, and some more behavioral questions.

Everyone at Ford was very polite and friendly throughout the whole process - which took about two months, with irregular but not infrequent updates - and they always seemed to truly project the advertised company values.

While ultimately I did not get an offer (they seemed to be looking for someone with more experience on project management/team leadership and perhaps not so much technical skills), I was pleased with the company and the hiring experience.

The in-person interview at Dearborn was conducted by the hiring manager, another manager of a related unit, and their boss (high-level manager). They all had technical backgrounds and it was obvious they knew what they were talking about. They took turns asking questions and wrote down my answers, and at the end allowed me to ask questions of my own. The atmosphere was polite but perhaps a bit cold at first, warming up as time went by and was much more relaxed near the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer or had to make a presentation towards an adversarial audience. How did you prepare? What happened and how did you react?   Answer Question
    • If you had to convince other units in the company of a plan that you thought was the right thing to do, but carried heavy costs and/or additional work for them, how would you approach the situation?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a group project you were a part of. What was your role, what were your goals and what were your results?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about one time where you came up with a creative solution to an otherwise complex problem?   Answer Question