Ford Motor Company Interview Questions in Detroit, MI | Glassdoor

Ford Motor Company Interview Questions in Detroit, MI

Updated Mar 13, 2017

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call to do a quick screen. Started with typical questions confirming details on the submitted application including salary expectation and willingness to travel.

Interview Questions

• Describe experience or knowledge of the Spring Framework in java.   Answer Question

FCG-Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen for 30 min which covered behavioural type questions. Then had an on-site interview which lasted for 1.5 hrs and had similar questions to the phone interview but went in more detail regarding the technical details of the projects on the resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to face a technical challenge in your project. How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Ford College Graduate - Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied for an interview through university website. Was selected for an on campus interview with two recruiters. Interview consisted of about 5-10 behavioral questions. Ford also asks you to fill out a form to indicate the top 3 engineering departments that you are interested in. Different groups within Ford view this form and your resume to determine whether or not they want to interview you.

A few weeks later I received an email indicating they would like to fly me up to Dearborn, MI for a final interview. This interview consisted of a brief introductory video to Ford, an interview with a panel of three employees from the group that selected me, lunch, and then a tour of the nearby factory.

The interview itself consisted of 5 behavioral questions and 5 "technical" questions, where you are asked to reference past technical experience when answering a question.

The GOOD:
    Interviewers were kind and courteous. Environment was relaxed. Ford rolls out the red carpet for your travel, lodging, and food. Very efficient machine.

The BAD:
    The group interviewing me was not one of the three I selected on the sheet. I needed to email the recruiter to find out which group was interviewing me, so if they don't tell you initially, email your contact and ask. The interview itself was very (>50%) similar to the interview that I went through on campus, not much new material. Very confused why I needed to fly up to Michigan to conduct essentially an identical interview. There was only about 10 minutes left at the end of the interview for me to ask questions of them. Not nearly enough time if you have more than 3 questions to ask about the company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to be innovative to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to take the lead on a project. What was your approach, etc?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you took risk. How did it turn out? Would you change your approach in the future?   Answer Question
    • What are your most prominent technical skills, and how will they carry over to this position?   Answer Question
    • Talk about any experience you have with manipulating and using large amounts of data.   Answer Question

GDIA Data Science Entry Level Interview

Application

Interview

Flew me to Detroit after phone screening. I was asked to present one of my project. I gave them 1hr presentation. Later I was asked basic technical questions on my project and internship experience. Interview was good but didn't get an offer.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Auburn Hills, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

There were 3 people interviewing me. They gave e general scenarios and asked how I would respond to them. It was about half an hour. If I did not give a long enough answer, they made me explain more or changed the scenario slightly.

Interview Questions

• If someone on your team was not doing their job, how would you respond?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Went to career fair at my university and spoke to the representatives. They recommended that I applied to the FCG program online and I did. A few days later, I was contacted by two recruiters for a phone interview that lasted less than 30 minutes. I will be going to Dearborn on Monday to do a meet and greet, and be interviewed.

Interview Questions

• If there was a project due soon and you had the opportunity to cut corners, would you?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen Park, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Allen Park, MI).

Interview

I have worked at Ford through agency for 6 years. And still they won't convert me. So I applied for few direct positions. One position called me for interview. The interview lasted one and half hours. First half was general technical knowledge questions. Absolutely no technical test. Second was mostly behavioral questions. I was extremely professional, and answered question professionally. Few days later, I received rejection email saying there is no clear alignment with the role. Now I came to know that I am ineligible for interview for Ford position for next 12 months. That way Ford will enjoy my work for 12 more months without giving me benefits or bonuses.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral, tell me about the time kind of questions. Other than technical, they are looking at example of when you were team player.   Answer Question

Information Technology Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

FIrst round on campus and then a second round interview in Dearborn, Michigan. Both had case questions which had me analyzing system needs and plans of action for developing systems for clients. Very detailed questions, most of which had several parts. Both rounds were with several Ford employees all directing questions towards me as a panel.

Interview Questions

• You have to provide a database management system for a client, what kind of questions would you ask them about their needs and how would their answers affect the kind of technology you decide to use for your systems solution?   Answer Question

Communication Technology Architecture Cybersecurity Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Following an on-campus recruitment event which included a very brief behavioral interview (after a résumé triage), I was invited for an online web-assesment (easy math + behavioral multiple choice questions), and afterwards was flown in to Ford's TRC in Dearborn, MI for a longer in-person interview, which included a review of my résumé and experiences, a few technical questions, a lot of scenario-based questions, and some more behavioral questions.

Everyone at Ford was very polite and friendly throughout the whole process - which took about two months, with irregular but not infrequent updates - and they always seemed to truly project the advertised company values.

While ultimately I did not get an offer (they seemed to be looking for someone with more experience on project management/team leadership and perhaps not so much technical skills), I was pleased with the company and the hiring experience.

The in-person interview at Dearborn was conducted by the hiring manager, another manager of a related unit, and their boss (high-level manager). They all had technical backgrounds and it was obvious they knew what they were talking about. They took turns asking questions and wrote down my answers, and at the end allowed me to ask questions of my own. The atmosphere was polite but perhaps a bit cold at first, warming up as time went by and was much more relaxed near the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer or had to make a presentation towards an adversarial audience. How did you prepare? What happened and how did you react?   Answer Question
    • If you had to convince other units in the company of a plan that you thought was the right thing to do, but carried heavy costs and/or additional work for them, how would you approach the situation?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a group project you were a part of. What was your role, what were your goals and what were your results?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about one time where you came up with a creative solution to an otherwise complex problem?   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter who for the most part gauged my interest in the job and the location in Dearborn. The first interview was over the phone and there was a minimal technical aspect. After about three weeks I was contacted by an HR representative to schedule an on-site interview. I flew to Detroit, ( all paid for by Ford) the interview was about 80 minuets long and three interviewers from the group hiring the candidate were present. About 60% of the interview was technical where they asked about my research at graduate school.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to make changes to your behavior or decisions in order to complete a project on time? How did you managed to achieve your goals?   Answer Question