Ford Motor Company Interview Questions in Detroit, MI | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 14, 2017

242 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Detroit, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

Recruiter arrange an interview thru online video conferencing. A panel of 5 interviewers with each specialization from their team. The team leader gave an overview of the project / job description then each took turn turns to ask questuons about machine learning, big data, data analysis and statistics. They asked me to solve a data analysis question in using SQL.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • What are the steps in building a machine learning model?   1 Answer

Data Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI).

Interview

First test, then on-campus interview, then on-site interview. People were nice and tried to help out until you got to the last stage. They became disrespectful and cared only about your credentials as opposed to your ability to do the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you convert this into a data model? Justify your design.   Answer Question

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flat Rock, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Flat Rock, MI).

Interview

Had to go into a conference room and go thru the standard Ford questions. They look at how you handle situations with different difficulties. There are about 20 questions and most will have multiple parts so bring a note book.

Interview Questions

• The hardest thing is making sure you understand that they want to know how you handle yourself in a facility such as Fords. Make sure you think about the questions you are asked so you can give a good example.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Detroit, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

5 technical questions and 5 behavior questions, you can have a break in the middle. In my opinion, all the questions should be answered with an example, based on the rule of STAR(situation, task, action, results). If you could get a brief summary of what you learned from each example, that could be better.

NVH Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

4 Interviewers, 2 on-site, 2 call-in. The manager first introduced their group and describe what they do within their group. Then he asked me to explain the list in my resume in details. Later they asked me questions about the classes I have took and the proficiency of the softwares that I have used.

Interview Questions

• Do I have multi-body dynamic class?   1 Answer

Site Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen Park, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Allen Park, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

a system that is loosely based off the STAR system many companies used, questions were right from the text book as they ultimately don't matter for the hiring process. Those they hire are pre-determined regardless of credentials and/or experience. seems to be a buddy system where neighbors and friends take precedence over others. leaves you feeling like you wasted your time. bad sour taste in your mouth especially after taking the pre-interview test that is mandatory given out by a third party that anyone can take for you to pass and if you fail and are a friend of a friend you can take over multiple times till you pass. very broken system that allows inept people to be hired and promoted.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allen Park, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Allen Park, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

phone calls exchange with the agency, e-mails exchange with the agency, the agency phone screening, the agency conference calls screening, the agency confirmation on the resume submission, the resume submitted, the agency prepared the interview scheduling, the face to face interview with development team

Process Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Wayne, MI).

Interview

4 month process that had different managers and human resource professionals. It was very intimate and I felt comfortable. I was prepared so I was relaxed, it took entirely too long though.

Interview Questions

• What is your area of opportunity with your management style?   1 Answer

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen Park, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Allen Park, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

(For some jobs, the easiest way to apply is either through an employee referral or a staffing agency like Jacobs, Aerotek, ...etc)
    * Applied online (Employee referral), got an email to do an assessment test (Numerical + Verbal) reasoning. (You need to practice, and be ready for this exam because it's timed exam, and if you failed you have to wait another year)
    * Got an email to schedule a 30-mins phone screening, was pretty simple to confirm information and few behavioral questions. (why should we hire you?), (tell me about a time when you were troubleshooting something).
    * Got another call for 60-90 mins on-site interview, and they offered a tour on campus. Went there and they were very nice people, they did a 30 mins presentation about the company, and then were taken to a 3:1 interview. Interviewers were very friendly and easy going. Most of the questions were behavioral questions (STAR format -- Tell me about a time.....)
    Overall it was a very nice experience.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

There were two people the hiring manager and team leader for the specific department they were hiring for. the interview was cool, friendly and short.
    Firstly the interviewer greeted very well and told me about himself and the job roles and description.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • they asked me more about my previous work experience in detail   1 Answer
    • any questions for us?   1 Answer