Ford Motor Company Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 1, 2017

2.8

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (New York, NY).

Interview

Completed Online Assessment, then later was invited to phone interview. After Phone interview, I had been notified a week later I got the offer. Whole process took exactly a month.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor Company

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

3 managers at once, and they met with me in the same cubicle. They took turns telling me about themselves I told about myself, and then the questions began. I was given an excellent driving tour and fed lunch. They asked about specific types of problems that I solved, people problems I might have encountered, or using a specific software package.

Interview Questions

• Gave a list of story problems. Made you walk through work experiences with details.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They have a pretty standard pay rate. You can tell the about another offer and they can try to match it. Bring the offer letter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI).

Interview

Process took more than 3 months. Was contacted by a recruiter by email originally, and had a phone interview with hiring manager a week later. I was then invited to the company headquarters in Dearborn.

The face to face interview was split between a 3 person panel interview, followed by a tour of the company grounds. The panel interviewers were very easy going, and seemed enthusiastic about describing their respective departments. They said decisions would be within 2 weeks, but didn't hear from them until 4 weeks later. Thought the interview went well, but I was not chosen.

Interview Questions

• All STAR type questions.

1. Describe a time a client was being difficult and how you handled it.
      2. Describe a time you faced a barrier in your team environment and how you handled it.
      3. Describe a time you troubleshooted something.
      4. Describe a time you improved a process.
      5. Describe a time you came up with something innovative.
      6. Describe a time you took a risk and what was the outcome.
      Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

The interview requested my works including writings and source codes before.

1st Phone Screening: After a day, he called me with starting the conversation of local restaurant. It was a phone interview.

He looked and asked several questions regarding my works and resume. He asked several signal processing questions, but I screwed up. He recommended a book.

He was going to decide whether to hire after a week with discussing colleagues. It took several weeks to do next step.

2nd On-Site Interview: I was invited to one of the research units of the Ford Motor Company. I met the supervisor and two staffs of the research team. They extensively asked the questions regarding how I solved the problem and how I interact with team members during my previous projects on the resume. I think the staffs made questions before the interview. The supervisor has my works submitted before, and he let me explain the things.

After that I get the notification shortly that we can proceed to next step with hiring agency.
    They also took me for a month to give the final offer.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

Just a few technical and behavioural questions.Concentrated on my previous work experience and course projects.They wanted to see if I can perform the job duties well.I was interviewed by 2 managers.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage if there is some problem in a team setting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was given an interview relatively quickly. Overall, the interview was difficult but the people were very nice. Be prepared to have your engineering skills tested. It was a very wonderful experience and I learned a lot throughout the entire process.

Engineer Interview

Interview

it's been a few years, but I didn't make it. I had a few interviews with Ford back then. I had interviews directly with the hiring managers. there is two ways; you can either get a job with Ford or through an agency as a contractor

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Detroit, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

Process took about 2 months (if I remember correctly). One of the local recruiters contacted me by email originally, and had a phone interview with hiring manager a week later. I was then invited to the company headquarters in Dearborn. The face to face interview was split between a 3 person panel interview, followed by a tour of the company grounds. The panel interviewers were very easy going, and seemed enthusiastic about describing their respective…

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in November 2009.

Interview

two interviews on campus and then a series of interviews at Ford.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for Ford   1 Answer

Negotiation

there wasn't any.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in March 2008.

Interview

Knew someone in engineering. Applied. Got a call from HR. Spoke to a nice lady, general fit questions. Set up an interview with the group. Started with a group interview (the engineers in the group I would be working with) which was a bit on the technical side, the manager was there too. Finally had a 1 on 1 with the manager. I thought it went well, but didn't get an offer.