Ford Motor Company Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.8

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Interview

Online web assessment, which is a pre-interview process, pretty easy math and reading question. Make sure to do it as soon as possible, it may close faster than the time they given.

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Detroit, MI).

Interview

First phone interview with hr then invited to invited for face to face interview. It was very friendly environment and they asked mostly behavioral questions such as where do you see yourself in five years, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Rochester, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

the interview process went very fast, first had phone interview after responding to internet ad and a few weeks went by then I received an email and in a few days had interview in person and offered job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Blacksburg, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

simple STAR based question. The interview lasted almost an hour. They wanted to know various work-related situations I had been in and how I reacted. Very laid back and relaxed

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in February 2017.

Interview

Applied on line, completed personality test. Received phone call a few days later, interview within 2 wks, offer extended a few days after that. Negotiated offer... heard back several days after that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, able to negotiate, asked for 8%, received 4% raise

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (New York, NY).

Interview

Completed Online Assessment, then later was invited to phone interview. After Phone interview, I had been notified a week later I got the offer. Whole process took exactly a month.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in December 2016.

Interview

Pretty standard Non-technical interview. Entirely over the phone, Ford asked many STAR- type questions. Since my interview was for an internship, it was phone only with no on site. Know some interesting things about your life and you'll be fine.

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

3 managers at once, and they met with me in the same cubicle. They took turns telling me about themselves I told about myself, and then the questions began. I was given an excellent driving tour and fed lunch. They asked about specific types of problems that I solved, people problems I might have encountered, or using a specific software package.

Interview Questions

• Gave a list of story problems. Made you walk through work experiences with details.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They have a pretty standard pay rate. You can tell the about another offer and they can try to match it. Bring the offer letter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI).

Interview

Process took more than 3 months. Was contacted by a recruiter by email originally, and had a phone interview with hiring manager a week later. I was then invited to the company headquarters in Dearborn.

The face to face interview was split between a 3 person panel interview, followed by a tour of the company grounds. The panel interviewers were very easy going, and seemed enthusiastic about describing their respective departments. They said decisions would be within 2 weeks, but didn't hear from them until 4 weeks later. Thought the interview went well, but I was not chosen.

Interview Questions

• All STAR type questions.

1. Describe a time a client was being difficult and how you handled it.
      2. Describe a time you faced a barrier in your team environment and how you handled it.
      3. Describe a time you troubleshooted something.
      4. Describe a time you improved a process.
      5. Describe a time you came up with something innovative.
      6. Describe a time you took a risk and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

The interview requested my works including writings and source codes before.

1st Phone Screening: After a day, he called me with starting the conversation of local restaurant. It was a phone interview.

He looked and asked several questions regarding my works and resume. He asked several signal processing questions, but I screwed up. He recommended a book.

He was going to decide whether to hire after a week with discussing colleagues. It took several weeks to do next step.

2nd On-Site Interview: I was invited to one of the research units of the Ford Motor Company. I met the supervisor and two staffs of the research team. They extensively asked the questions regarding how I solved the problem and how I interact with team members during my previous projects on the resume. I think the staffs made questions before the interview. The supervisor has my works submitted before, and he let me explain the things.

After that I get the notification shortly that we can proceed to next step with hiring agency.
    They also took me for a month to give the final offer.