Ford Motor Company Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ford Motor Company Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Blacksburg, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

simple STAR based question. The interview lasted almost an hour. They wanted to know various work-related situations I had been in and how I reacted. Very laid back and relaxed

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor Company

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in February 2017.

Interview

Applied on line, completed personality test. Received phone call a few days later, interview within 2 wks, offer extended a few days after that. Negotiated offer... heard back several days after that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, able to negotiate, asked for 8%, received 4% raise

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (New York, NY).

Interview

Completed Online Assessment, then later was invited to phone interview. After Phone interview, I had been notified a week later I got the offer. Whole process took exactly a month.

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

3 managers at once, and they met with me in the same cubicle. They took turns telling me about themselves I told about myself, and then the questions began. I was given an excellent driving tour and fed lunch. They asked about specific types of problems that I solved, people problems I might have encountered, or using a specific software package.

Interview Questions

• Gave a list of story problems. Made you walk through work experiences with details.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They have a pretty standard pay rate. You can tell the about another offer and they can try to match it. Bring the offer letter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI).

Interview

Process took more than 3 months. Was contacted by a recruiter by email originally, and had a phone interview with hiring manager a week later. I was then invited to the company headquarters in Dearborn.

The face to face interview was split between a 3 person panel interview, followed by a tour of the company grounds. The panel interviewers were very easy going, and seemed enthusiastic about describing their respective departments. They said decisions would be within 2 weeks, but didn't hear from them until 4 weeks later. Thought the interview went well, but I was not chosen.

Interview Questions

• All STAR type questions.

1. Describe a time a client was being difficult and how you handled it.
      2. Describe a time you faced a barrier in your team environment and how you handled it.
      3. Describe a time you troubleshooted something.
      4. Describe a time you improved a process.
      5. Describe a time you came up with something innovative.
      6. Describe a time you took a risk and what was the outcome.
      Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

The interview requested my works including writings and source codes before.

1st Phone Screening: After a day, he called me with starting the conversation of local restaurant. It was a phone interview.

He looked and asked several questions regarding my works and resume. He asked several signal processing questions, but I screwed up. He recommended a book.

He was going to decide whether to hire after a week with discussing colleagues. It took several weeks to do next step.

2nd On-Site Interview: I was invited to one of the research units of the Ford Motor Company. I met the supervisor and two staffs of the research team. They extensively asked the questions regarding how I solved the problem and how I interact with team members during my previous projects on the resume. I think the staffs made questions before the interview. The supervisor has my works submitted before, and he let me explain the things.

After that I get the notification shortly that we can proceed to next step with hiring agency.
    They also took me for a month to give the final offer.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

Just a few technical and behavioural questions.Concentrated on my previous work experience and course projects.They wanted to see if I can perform the job duties well.I was interviewed by 2 managers.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage if there is some problem in a team setting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Quick and Painless. Truly learned what my future position would by like by asking questions to my interviewers. They were very straight forward with me which I appreciated very much.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when... Ten varying questions. Have ten significant experiences with life lessons ready.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was given an interview relatively quickly. Overall, the interview was difficult but the people were very nice. Be prepared to have your engineering skills tested. It was a very wonderful experience and I learned a lot throughout the entire process.

Engineer Interview

Interview

it's been a few years, but I didn't make it. I had a few interviews with Ford back then. I had interviews directly with the hiring managers. there is two ways; you can either get a job with Ford or through an agency as a contractor