Ford Motor Company Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 12, 2017

3.1

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied through university. Had to do a case where we were given 3 scenarios and we had to make a recommendation. Interview went over a few questions about the case and a few behavioral questions. It's been a month and haven't heard either way from them.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor Company

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

you can experience the strangest possible interview questions of the last year. 3 phone interview and 1 on-site interview, which contains 5,6 individual interview. need give a presentation and prepare some behavior questions.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

You will be required to complete a business case analysis on a new product launch. You need to assess several different options and it would be wise to brush up on your knowledge of preparing a sensitivity analysis.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through my school's career center. There was a case study sent out before the interview - I completed it, discussed it during the interview, and answered several behavioral questions. They told me they would get back to me in a few weeks. After a month, I contacted the recruiter and she told me I would hear about advancing within two more weeks. I never heard back from them.

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

Case Study. Had a week or so to prepare. Got a late twist to the study before interview. Had initial interview with Finance Manager and Finance Supervisor who was Gatekeeper. Went to a big interview with multiple candidates and another company case used for all departments. Very easy. Just discussion case. No right answer. Had 3 interviews with Finance Managers who asked questions about your case and asked about your resume. Background check, drug test, etc....

Interview Questions

• Mostly how you came up with your answers on the case.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Detroit, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview process included a case study that needed to be submitted prior to interview. All in all, the case study was a very minor part of the interview process and shouldn't be taken too seriously. More importantly you need to be able to make a good case for why you made the decisions you did. Selling yourself is also key, be prepared with examples of how you have excelled in difficult situations.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have faced a difficult team decision in which members were struggling to arrive at a consensus?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in December 2011.

Interview

I started with a campus interview and then I was invited to the Talent Management Conference in Dearborn. The questions were related to the finance case distributed to me prior to the first interview, integrity, work in a team environment and why I want to work for them. Everyone was very easy to communicate to and made me very comfortable during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when I had a problem with a team member.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in July 2011.

Interview

Screening interview with a Finance supevisor and then initial interview with a supervisor & Director (2:1) to present a finance case on capital budgeting. The interviewers also asked several behavioral questions. I was later invited to Ford management Talent Conference, which was all paid for including food and hotel. In the conference, I went through a one hour behavioral interview (2:1), then a group interview, lunch and learn session and finally technical interview. In the group interview, 5-6 finance candidates presented a case and worked together to come up with one recommendation. In the technical interview, I had to present another case which was a further twist from the last case.

Interview Questions

• What will you do if manager of a division has consistently been running over budget.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Detroit, MI) in December 2010.

Interview

This position was for the MBA summer financial analyst. A week before the interview i was given a capital budgeting case. I was to present my recommendations and assumptions to two finance managers who came to campus. They also asked a few behavioral questions. I spent considerable time preparing the case and they really liked my assumptions and recommendations. I was not invited to the second round but in the next round they brought together the four interviewees who made it to discuss the case in further detail given new information on the case to see how they interacted with others in real life setting, I believe I would of done better in this setting. I asked for feedback on why I did not make it to the next round. I was told that I did not give enough eye contact in the interview while presenting and not enough energy, what they call management presence. So in hindsight I would of been better off spending less time on my analysis on more time practising my presentation, because that was they wanted someone who could effectively communicate their point of view. They told me they would like to interview me next year for the full time position.

Interview Questions

• What assumptions did you make in the finance case?   1 Answer
    • What would you in a certain situation?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Chennai (India)).

Interview

Interview process is pretty simple and neat - well conducted.. It had 2 rounds.. A technical case study which needs to be solved in excel and then interview /technical round based on that. And Hr round

Interview Questions

• Technical :
      Cash flow case study- to check the basic knowledge of finance, Excel skills, prior experience.
      Hr:
      Traditional questions, strength and weaknesses, how would you react to different situations.   Answer Question