Ford Motor Company Ford College Graduate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ford Motor Company Ford College Graduate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 25, 2017

3.2

Ford College Graduate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

The process started with briefly introducing about the program. Provide a simple introduction about myself and began to answer questions. Interviewers were very patient and helpful whenever I did not understand the question or know how to answer.

Interview Questions

• What are your three strengths and weaknesses and how would you apply to Ford?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor Company

Ford College Graduate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

I applied online my senior year. There was a "skills" quiz you was mostly reading basic pie charts and answering simple questions on them. After that there was a phone interview, then a group interview via WebX. After that interview, two weeks later Ford contacted me and arranged paid airfare for an in-person interview in Michigan, paid for a car to pick me up from the hotel and to take me to the airport afterwards. I must say they have a very well-oiled interview system set up.

At the in-person interview, we were put in a room with other candidates while a company rep gave us a rundown of Ford's benefits, history, and marketing plan. Then we all went to our interviews. Mine was with three reps from the 3 different sections of the engineering group I'd applied to. The interview lasted about an hour, which seemed to be the average length. After that, we were given a tour of the campus and test track.

Interview Questions

• Describe one innovation you made to improve a process or product.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Berkeley, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a college recruiter visiting the campus and setting up in-person interviews. Once you had done an in-person interview, the company then asked you to submit a "formal application" where they get your information and do a background check. Job offers are then sent out. The company took about about to a month to respond to applicants with job offers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you needed to get information from someone who wasn't being responsive/cooperative, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Ford College Graduate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

A panel interview with 3 members of the functional group you are interviewing for. It was split into 2 parts, the first was a technical based set of questions. These questions were similar something along the lines of, tell us about a challenge you faced, and what tools did you use to overcome it. The second half were more leadership based. These were similar to something like, tells us about a time were you made a decision that other people did not agree with.Then lunch was provided, and at the end, there was a bus tour around the Ford Campus.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to make a decision, that others did not agree with. What was it, how did you do it, what was the outcome, and would you do it again.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI).

Interview

Three current employees conduct the interview which lasts for approximately one hour. They all have worksheets which they fill out during the interview to record your responses. These sheets contain a list of questions that they ask you. For an Engineering FCG position the questions are mostly experiential (name a time when..., have you ever had to... etc). Candidates have the option to take a short break half way through the interview. After the interviewers ask their questions the interviewee is allowed to ask the interviewers questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had a difficult timeline or challenge to meet in a project   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Allen Park, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Allen Park, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

There were two stages: a phone interview and a 3-on-1 panel interview. The phone interview consisted of four "Tell me about a time..." questions, so have at least that many experiences ready to talk about. They allow you to reuse an experience if it applies twice. The last question was a Scenario question where they wanted to see how you would handle a situation that might come up in work (e.g. a co-worker who isn't coming to an important meeting when you have a strict deadline).
    The 3-on-1 panel interview was in Allen Park, MI and consisted of two parts: 4-5 behavioral questions and 4-5 technical questions. The questions were mainly all "Tell me about a time..." questions, but the behavioral ones were testing how your behaviors aligned with Ford's values and the technical ones tested what your background experience was and how it applied to the position. The technical questions were not testing your knowledge, they were still "Tell me about a time..." style questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a technical skill that you have that will help contribute to your job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with a recruiter at my university's career fair. I had to take a 30 minute online skills test before I interviewed with the recruiter. The interview went well and all questions were behavioral focused. A couple weeks passed before I was contacted to do an onsite interview. My interview was with three Ford employees at the same time. Each one took turns asking me a question. Interview was approximately an hour long. Once again, I was asked a lot of behavioral questions plus some more technical questions about computers. I was surprised by some of the questions since my background is in software engineering but most questions were IT related. I was not surprised when I did not get an offer since my skill set did not intersect with the questions being asked .

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

Pretty standard 30 minute initial interview after meeting them first at the campus career fair and their info session. They went into detail how the program works and how it directly supports your professional network and development as an engineer. Before you have the interview, you have to take an hour long online skills test, but it is pretty manageable. After the 30 minute interview, you may be sent to Dearborn Michigan for an onsite interview for the respective group.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard situational interviews including things you have done from work and school, and how you would react to potential problems   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

I interviewed first by phone by two people. I was asked general behavioral questions some of which I found here in glassdoor. It went well. About three weeks later I was asked to fly into dearborn and interview in person. That was a full day although the actual interview is maybe one hour. They had a lot of questions. This time it was three people. The questions were again sort of behavioral and a little technical. All of the interviewers were extremely nice. My recommendation is make sure you know all of your projects you have worked on in teams and by yourself. Knowing the your projects inside and out and being able to answer any behavioral question using those experiences will do wonders for you regardless of the company you interview with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an upset customer?
      You notice that one of your team members skips on an essential part of a part validation just to meet a deadline. What do you do?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I got a very generous offer and did not negotiate. I did hear from other people that most of the time, entry level positions will not have a negotiable salary.

Ford College Graduate Interview

Interview

I applied online, and they called me back 4 days later, after a phone interview with 3 behavioral questions, they took me to dearborn where I had an interview with 9 questions, mostly behavioral and situation questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your best technical skill and how would you apply it in Ford   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, FCG is fixed