Ford Motor Company Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ford Motor Company Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Ford Motor Company

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Lansing, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

I had one hour long interview for the marketing internship. There were 2 interviewers. I was asked mostly behavioral questions. They also asked a couple questions about how I view marketing. Overall, it was a relaxing interview. I had enough time to go into detail and answer all questions adequately. They also gave an opportunity to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• How have you been innovative when an unexpected event occurred?   1 Answer
  • When have you exhibited leadership characteristics?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor Company

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in September 2015.

Interview

I applied specifically for a Product Development Internship. Ford came to my campus career fair. There, I spoke to a recruiter and passed along my resume. They emailed me within 24 hours asking to schedule an on-campus interview for later that week. The interview was primarily behavioral, which I did not expect for a technical intern position. Mainly, they wanted to see that you were a good problem solver and had demonstrated leadership and critical thinking in the past. I spoke a lot about my past projects and experience working in groups. The interview went quite well and I heard back from them about a month so later, saying that I had received an offer. Ultimately, I went with another offer, but had a very great interview process with Ford overall.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you took a novel approach to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was easy but I was surprised when they said that they already decide for someone that was an undergrad. If you decide which one is best for your position why do you want my interview? It was a mess.
    They come to most of Michigan Universities around them and make those interviews just to justify because they already know whom to take.
    I hope that this is my opinion and not something that really happens.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone from your group coworkers didn't do his part and is not answering his/her phone?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

I was interviewed by two different interviewers. We were also required to participate in a role playing exercise. You are given time alone in the interview room to read over the case. After reading a scenario, you must act out how you would behave in a certain situation. One interviewer participated in the case exercise while the other took notes.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

Laid back, friendly interview. I interviewed with fellow alums and the questions were behavioral. Was given a case prior to the interview to prep for and walked them thru my answers. The case wasn't difficult and they gave us a week to prepare for it. One of the more casual interviews I have had.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions. Tell me a time when you were faced with a conflict? When you lead a project?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in October 2014.

Interview

30 minute phone interview. There were two people on the phone. One senior manager and one lower level. They asked normal behavioral questions. Nothing technical about the interview.

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical question on whether to report an employee for lying about performing an action.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in September 2014.

Interview

1 phone screen. Basic behavioral questions: Tell me about a time when you had to innovate, tell me a time about when you worked in a group, etc. Then some hypotheticals that were pretty standard "if you saw an employee fudging test results what would you do..."

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you overcame a challenge   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied for an engineering intern position. The interview was generally laid back and the recruiter asked behavioral questions. They seemed to be more concerned with interest than technical skills. I applied at my university's career fair and they sent me an email confirming an interview date. They took a fairly long time to get back to me.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in March 2015.

Interview

Received an email a week after submitting my resume online. Scheduled a phone interview for the following day. Some technical and experience type questions but wasn't too bad because I was prepared.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Columbus, OH) in September 2013.

Interview

Met at a career fair and they offered me an interview for a few days later. The interview was about 30 minutes long and asked pretty standard questions. Asked "tell me a little about yourself", asked my favorite job I've ever had and why, and other generic interview questions like biggest strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too crazy, asked how many red cars there are in the United States? They were looking for your thought process on the question, not too concerned about the actual number.   Answer Question