Ford Motor Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.9

Assembly Line Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Chicago, IL) in November 2012.

Interview

long and tedious. I feel they do not do background checks or verify anything. They also did not let me know that I would be working with people on work release and former felons.

Interview Questions

• are you willing to be treated horribly, spoken to like you were not intelligent and harassed on a daily basis?   1 Answer

FCG IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

On campus interview that lead into a campus interview in Michigan. The day started with a video and introduction reviewing the history of Ford and benefits of living in Michigan. We filtered into cubicles for our 3 on 1 interviews with managers from different functions in IT. 2 hour interview with a short bathroom break. Plenty of technical, situational, and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Project reviews, coding language knowledge, interests & accomplishments.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

Took about 4 weeks between applying and an on-site interview. Applied online, got a call for a screening interview, then asked to come in for an interview. The screening interview was done by a recruiter and was a bit awkward as they only asked questions that could have easily been answered by a quick look at my resume. No behavioral questions. I was contacted a couple weeks later to come in for an interview with "hiring managers." I emphasize "hiring managers" because there actually wasn't a single hiring manager present. Instead, it was 3 scientists from the group I was interviewing for. In this interview, I was asked both technical and behavioral questions. The one caveat to this whole experience, though, was that it wasn't so much an interview as it was a dissertation defense. Questions were directed towards a position that was not as it was described on the online application. Overall, the whole experience was a bit disappointing, especially for a company of this size and capability.

Interview Questions

• You have been asked to lead a multi-million dollar, multi-year grant that will be supported across several companies and universities. How do you start?   Answer Question

Zone Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

Met them on campus at a career fair. Was invited to an on-campus interview not too long after that (maybe a 4-5 days later). Many of these questions were general behavioral questions (only 5). After I interviewed I heard 2 days later that I got an interview on their Ford Campus in Allen Park, MI. This was a lot more extensive. Included a case study and role play with a dealer, and then after than 10+ behavioral questions that had many follow-up questions to dig deeper into your stories. These are very difficult. Do lots of research and prepare ahead of time with many power stories. And of course have a good response to Why Ford. Heard on an offer about 4 days later.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to fix a mistake you made, Name a time when you worked in a group and there was a positive outcome, Talk about a time you came with something innovative or creative, Talk about a time when you were under a constraint (product, time, etc.), Many Leadership questions, as well as times when you were in a difficult situation.   1 Answer

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

I had two interviews, one just by the HR, asking me regular questions about the VISA and my availability. The HR was really helpful and was giving constructuive comments for preparation for the technical interview. Then I had another technical interview, which was a really long one. it took almost 1:30 h on phone, asking the most technical questions one might imagine. Three people were asking questions as if I am doing my PhD qualifying exam, even harder :)

Interview Questions

• Many technical FEA questions. questions on Fatigue and failure criteria, questions on theory of elasticity, Plasticity and ... and also my previous FEA modling experiences.
      The Team Leader also asked me if I have ever been in a situation that I should have convinced some one whom I had disagreement with and whether I was successful or not.
      Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Hyderabad (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

there are 3 rounds... 1) shl aptitude in which logical reasoning, comprehension, quantitative aptitude were asked 2) case study round in which you will require to do modelling in excel..its a capital budgeting case study .. lots of data will be given based on those you have to suggest and option which project to take up 3) interview

Interview Questions

• related to the case study... what assumptions you hav considered?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

They were unfriendly and rather arrogant given the current state of the American auto industry.They did not ask meaningful questions about the job but rather focused on interpersonal questions that you had to fake. It was me and two other interviewers in a room and I felt like I had to win them over. I wished that they kept to more work related questions and avoided the personal questions, as this leads to dishonest responses. Overall the interview process was stressful and I was glad to have it over with.

ELP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)) in February 2015.

Interview

It is slow, very very slow process so be patient. You can expect many phone interviews, and at least two very difficult technical exams. For me was very frustrating, I got to the end of it but the offer I think, didn't match the technical acumen harvested in two months of process. I would advice to try to get to know the offer range before you get through all of this.

Interview Questions

• Real case scenarios of how to present propisals to customers.   1 Answer
    • Design software and hardware of two electronic devices   1 Answer

IT Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online, Had a a phone interview then invited to assessment centre. Very friendly HR team. Made friends with the other candidates. My in-tray exercise went awfully bad which affected the whole day. Interview last an hour. Group exercise was the easiest.

Ford College Graduate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in October 2014.

Interview

One on campus interview. 2 on 1 for 45 minutes. Typical behavioral questions.

I thought the onsite interview was very difficult. Ford flies out 20-30 people to the Ford Talent Center. You first watch a video about Ford and Michigan. Then right off to the interview. It is 3 on 1 for 1:30. I thought it was the most difficult interview I have ever had. All of the questions were behavioral. It was broken up into two sections: technical skills and soft skills. About 10-12 questions total. What made it challenging was even after you answer a question in the perfect STAR format, the interviewers then asked 3-5 questions for you to explain even more. Nothing unfair, just strenuous. The interviewers wanted to know as much as possible about you. Afterwards, tour of Ford. Got to see pre-production Shelby's on the test track.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you implemented a decision and met resistance.   Answer Question

I feel like the auto industry is rather volatile and high stress because of the manufacturing nature of the job. I accepted an offer in the healthcare industry. While healthcare can be just as stressful, I feel that healthcare products will not go through the ups and downs the auto industry does. Pay was top notch, however.