Ford Motor Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.9

Lube Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Sacramento, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Dropped off Resume and Transcript. Talked to Hiring Manager. He put me in touch with Service manager. Walked around complex got the tour. Talked with him for a little while. Started to fill out the new hire paper work that day.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience wrenching outside of technical school?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in February 2017.

Interview

Applied on line, completed personality test. Received phone call a few days later, interview within 2 wks, offer extended a few days after that. Negotiated offer... heard back several days after that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, able to negotiate, asked for 8%, received 4% raise

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Auburn Hills, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

There were 3 people interviewing me. They gave e general scenarios and asked how I would respond to them. It was about half an hour. If I did not give a long enough answer, they made me explain more or changed the scenario slightly.

Interview Questions

• If someone on your team was not doing their job, how would you respond?   1 Answer

Engine Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

1 phone interview and 1 in person interview with an offer following 2 days after the in person interview. Interview process was good for both screening me and me gaining information about the job.

Interview Questions

• pretty long technical interview but applicable to both Ford and me.   Answer Question

Chassis Control Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

First had a phone screening with an HR person in which they asked for more detail about my background and skills. Then they invited me onsite. The onsite interview was 90 minutes and took place in a cubicle with three engineers. All the questions were experience-based ("Describe a time when you..."). Afterwards they provided lunch, and your interviewers may invite you to eat with them, which probably means your interview went well (they didn't for me). After lunch they take you on an optional bus tour of the Ford campus which is worth doing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project where you were constrained in money and/or time and how did you manage it?   Answer Question

Product Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in September 2016.

Interview

My school hosted a career fair for engineers. I talked with a recruiter who told me to apply online. After a few days I got an email saying I had an interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to innovate something?   1 Answer

Material Flow Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

Process took about 2 weeks, applied online. Received phone interview with HR few days later.
    Interviewed with 3 managers for 2 hours 5 behaviors questions and 5 technical questions. Very good experience and hiring manager are very friendly and professional.

Design Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

Three supervisors/managers take turns asking you questions. Questions are predetermined by the company. Two sets/types of questions: Behavioral and Technical. You're in and out in an hour max. You'll be in the same room where other interviews are going on.

Product Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Pretty straightforward, mostly asked behavioral questions and what my past experience was like. Nothing very technical, it seems like they were mostly concerned about fit. Overall pretty enjoyable and laid back. As long as you have an interesting experience to talk about you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• What was one challenge you faced and how did you overcome it.   Answer Question

SE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Chennai (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

Very well planned and an easy process. There was an app test, GR round, Tech round and an final HR interview. The questions were not so tough and the process was simple,