Ford Motor Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.9

FCG-Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen for 30 min which covered behavioural type questions. Then had an on-site interview which lasted for 1.5 hrs and had similar questions to the phone interview but went in more detail regarding the technical details of the projects on the resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to face a technical challenge in your project. How did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Ford College Graduate - Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied for an interview through university website. Was selected for an on campus interview with two recruiters. Interview consisted of about 5-10 behavioral questions. Ford also asks you to fill out a form to indicate the top 3 engineering departments that you are interested in. Different groups within Ford view this form and your resume to determine whether or not they want to interview you.

A few weeks later I received an email indicating they would like to fly me up to Dearborn, MI for a final interview. This interview consisted of a brief introductory video to Ford, an interview with a panel of three employees from the group that selected me, lunch, and then a tour of the nearby factory.

The interview itself consisted of 5 behavioral questions and 5 "technical" questions, where you are asked to reference past technical experience when answering a question.

The GOOD:
    Interviewers were kind and courteous. Environment was relaxed. Ford rolls out the red carpet for your travel, lodging, and food. Very efficient machine.

The BAD:
    The group interviewing me was not one of the three I selected on the sheet. I needed to email the recruiter to find out which group was interviewing me, so if they don't tell you initially, email your contact and ask. The interview itself was very (>50%) similar to the interview that I went through on campus, not much new material. Very confused why I needed to fly up to Michigan to conduct essentially an identical interview. There was only about 10 minutes left at the end of the interview for me to ask questions of them. Not nearly enough time if you have more than 3 questions to ask about the company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to be innovative to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to take the lead on a project. What was your approach, etc?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you took risk. How did it turn out? Would you change your approach in the future?   Answer Question
    • What are your most prominent technical skills, and how will they carry over to this position?   Answer Question
    • Talk about any experience you have with manipulating and using large amounts of data.   Answer Question

GDIA Data Science Entry Level Interview

Application

Interview

Flew me to Detroit after phone screening. I was asked to present one of my project. I gave them 1hr presentation. Later I was asked basic technical questions on my project and internship experience. Interview was good but didn't get an offer.

Assembly Line Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Didn't have one. A ton of people had to take a test in order to get the job. Then it was a waiting game. Once they had an opening then someone reached out and called you and you had to stop whatever you were doing and take the job.

Software Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

The interview process was easy. behavioral and fit questions were asked. drilled down on your resume bullets. was an on-campus placement so we had four rounds of interview. two technical rounds and one HR round. A group discussion and an aptitude test.

FCG IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

On campus interview that lead into a campus interview in Michigan. The day started with a video and introduction reviewing the history of Ford and benefits of living in Michigan. We filtered into cubicles for our 3 on 1 interviews with managers from different functions in IT. 2 hour interview with a short bathroom break. Plenty of technical, situational, and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Project reviews, coding language knowledge, interests & accomplishments.   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Aliso Viejo, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The screening interview was short but I was given the opportunity to exchange a lot of information. I was told to expect a phone call for a in person interview if I am a chosen candidate.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Bloomington, IN) in November 2016.

Interview

In my case I only had to do an interview through the phone or video chat. You got to choose which way you would like to do the interview but it is preferred if you did it through video chat. I had an hour blocked off but it only took about 30 minutes. Within a week I found out that I got the position.

Interview Questions

• Brief description of who you are and why you fit this position and how do those experience prep you for the job?   Answer Question
    • Significant or creative assignment that you have had to complete?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of an important goal that you set in the past and your success in reaching that goal?   Answer Question
    • What strategies have you used in the past to adapt to a team environment?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you persuaded someone to look through your point of view?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time or in job or class related you held where you had a problem and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Give me a specific example of a time where you had to use good judgment and logic to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (New York, NY).

Interview

Sat in a room on university with 2 other interviews going on at same time. Met with head engineer of hybrid power trains. asked me questions pertaining to past experience and how i would deal with certain situations. was 30 minutes long

Interview Questions

• How would you prepare a presentation on your work for people who have no understanding of what you do.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

Brief. They were more interested in recruiting me, than asking me specific questions (they seemed to already know about my accomplishments). This involved a phone interview, one-on-one and then a group panel interview, all of which took two months.