Ford Motor Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.9

Zone Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Tempe, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through school website "Handshake" and then through the company website. Completed an assessment, and was asked to interview. Interview was 30 minutes long and conducted by two members of the company. Was asked five behavioral questions, and two technical or scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a you went above and beyond expectations.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Rochester, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was wonderful. I had already had 2 previous professional interviews, and this one was by far the easiest to accomplish. At first, I was a little nervous because it was an interview. Then, after about 2 minutes into it, I found it easy to respond to their questions with little hesitation. I highly recommend.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about a time in the past when you solved a problem intuitively?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

All behavioral questions, no technical questions asked. However, they do want you to incorporate your projects into your answers, and will ask you high level technical questions about those projects. They really emphasized group work, so make sure you can talk about the dynamics within your previous teams.

Interview Questions

• One member of your team isn't pulling their weight on the project (i.e. they joined the team late and don't understand the codebase). How do you handle this person?   Answer Question

Customer Relations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in October 2017.

Interview

I assume they were desperate to replace someone because it wasn’t even an interview and I felt pushed to make a decision. The first girl I had spoken to was nice. She sat down and asked me to tell her about myself, then she went straight into the specifics for the job for about 10 minutes and grabbed her general manager (who took 10 minutes to come in the room) who sat down and asked me some very probing questions for a first interview. She called me the next day and sounded very surprised that I said “no”... after asking her if I could have a day to think about it she said she needed to know now.

Ford Credit Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Nashville, TN) in October 2017.

Interview

Very brief was a quick phone interview with basic behavioral questions. Then was flown to Nashville for a conference, which was pretty basic. Completed a case study and had another interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Ford?
      Talk about leadership experience that you have.?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through our campus career site, and heard back a couple weeks later. Interviewed on campus, then waited a few more weeks. They said that if you for sure got an offer you would hear within a couple of weeks, but if you didn't get an offer at first, they would leave the door open in case anything opened up.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you solved a problem in an innovative way.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in September 2017.

Interview

Resume screening followed by online aptitude test and phone screen. Phone screen was an average interview about resume projects and experience with hardware implementation. A solid hands on experience was expected. Asked some detailed questions about controller design.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with hardware implementation of a controller?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview following a career fair with two recruiters. All questions were behavioral, and often led to off-topic conversation, which was great for getting to know the candidate and the recruiters beyond the standard answers to questions.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions (i.e tell me about a time when....)   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Detroit, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

Recruiter arrange an interview thru online video conferencing. A panel of 5 interviewers with each specialization from their team. The team leader gave an overview of the project / job description then each took turn turns to ask questuons about machine learning, big data, data analysis and statistics. They asked me to solve a data analysis question in using SQL.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • What are the steps in building a machine learning model?   1 Answer

Research Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in September 2017.

Interview

I received an interview directly from a career fair. There were a lot of behavioral questions about how I would act in different social situations. There was also a dinner afterwards with recruiters and interviewers which they claimed had no bearing on the interview.