Ford Motor Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ford Motor Company Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2017

2.9

Product Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

I applied online on their website. The application process was simple. I was contacted a few days later to schedule an appointment for an interview. The interview was mainly behavioral questions and the interview was almost an hour long. The questions were fairly easy. However, I did not get any offer from them.

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Initial Ford assessment test then Phone screening by HR, Then a video interview then onsite interview. I applied on the company website in September 2016, Then immediately I received an assessment which contains math and verbal questions after clearing it I got screening call from the recruiter. I cleared it and then recruiter set up a video interview. This position is for Pivotal. Pivotal has contract with ford. I cleared that round and Ford sent me flight tickets prior one month to my onsite interview. But in the last week, the recruiter called me and informed that my interview was canceled. With Ford, I had worst experience. They should not have selected me after Video round. I was preparing for an interview for one month and they irresponsibly rejected me even without evaluating. I never apply for ford again and my suggestion is to keep ford as an optional and try for other companies.

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

I interviewed at Ford for an internship position at my university. The interview process was quite simple and I was asked about my past technical projects, how I work in a team, what I would do about quality assurance. All very basic questions. I was given an offer and told that I would work as a Software Developer. I was quite excited about this opportunity, however, I had no further contact from Ford until about 2 weeks before I was supposed to relocate to Dearborn. I then received a message that they had placed me in Project Management in charge of turning their plant operations on and off. I ended up rescinding the offer as the position I had originally agreed to was not the one that was given in the end.

Interview Questions

• Would you submit code that you knew didn't work if it meant meeting a deadline?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Went to career fair at my university and spoke to the representatives. They recommended that I applied to the FCG program online and I did. A few days later, I was contacted by two recruiters for a phone interview that lasted less than 30 minutes. I will be going to Dearborn on Monday to do a meet and greet, and be interviewed.

Interview Questions

• If there was a project due soon and you had the opportunity to cut corners, would you?   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen Park, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Allen Park, MI).

Interview

I have worked at Ford through agency for 6 years. And still they won't convert me. So I applied for few direct positions. One position called me for interview. The interview lasted one and half hours. First half was general technical knowledge questions. Absolutely no technical test. Second was mostly behavioral questions. I was extremely professional, and answered question professionally. Few days later, I received rejection email saying there is no clear alignment with the role. Now I came to know that I am ineligible for interview for Ford position for next 12 months. That way Ford will enjoy my work for 12 more months without giving me benefits or bonuses.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral, tell me about the time kind of questions. Other than technical, they are looking at example of when you were team player.   Answer Question

Ford College Graduate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

I applied online my senior year. There was a "skills" quiz you was mostly reading basic pie charts and answering simple questions on them. After that there was a phone interview, then a group interview via WebX. After that interview, two weeks later Ford contacted me and arranged paid airfare for an in-person interview in Michigan, paid for a car to pick me up from the hotel and to take me to the airport afterwards. I must say they have a very well-oiled interview system set up.

At the in-person interview, we were put in a room with other candidates while a company rep gave us a rundown of Ford's benefits, history, and marketing plan. Then we all went to our interviews. Mine was with three reps from the 3 different sections of the engineering group I'd applied to. The interview lasted about an hour, which seemed to be the average length. After that, we were given a tour of the campus and test track.

Interview Questions

• Describe one innovation you made to improve a process or product.   Answer Question

Information Technology Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

FIrst round on campus and then a second round interview in Dearborn, Michigan. Both had case questions which had me analyzing system needs and plans of action for developing systems for clients. Very detailed questions, most of which had several parts. Both rounds were with several Ford employees all directing questions towards me as a panel.

Interview Questions

• You have to provide a database management system for a client, what kind of questions would you ask them about their needs and how would their answers affect the kind of technology you decide to use for your systems solution?   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Provo, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through recruiting visit to campus and online. Interviewed on campus. Process still ongoing, they said next step would be an on-site interview. Interview was very standard, 7 scripted questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you did something innovative   1 Answer

Summer Undergraduate Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied the week before my campus career fair. I met with one of the recruiters and did the assessment, passed and got a call later to set a time for on campus interview the next morning.
    I got interviewed by 3 people working in the Palo Alto Research center. Very nice and typical behavioral, project management, and background questions.

Interview Questions

• If someone skipped a safety/important step in completing a project. What would you do?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Provo, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

I attended an information session on my college campus, submitted my resume, and then I was selected for an interview on campus a few weeks later. A few days before the interview they sent out a case study to prepare before the interview. There were two people in the interview and we went over the case and then they asked mostly behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time where you saw a problem and presented a novel solution?   Answer Question