Ford Motor Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 14, 2018

2.9

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

First round interview where you were on a phone call with at least one hiring manager and at least one HR person. Talked about an hour about my resume and gave me a chance to ask questions, the usual. They said they would take some weeks to get back to me, but this was the first and only interview I would have to do to be considered for a position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in September 2017.

Interview

Got contacted from a resume book of a club I am in. The reps were very personal and wanted to get to know me. They even took out the top candidates out to dinner, which was personal. I appreciated getting to know the reps and the company in general.

Interview Questions

• When did you solve a problem with an innovative solution?   Answer Question

Ford College Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

45-minute behavioral screening interview on campus. There were seven official questions with time for questions afterwards. There were two interviewers with an additional Ford College Graduate hire shadowing. Overall, it was not very hard or intense.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you solved a problem in an innovative way.   Answer Question

Human Resources Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by two interviewers. The questions were behavioral type questions, like "Tell me a time when..." and a mini case study. The interviewers were great! Very laid back and conversational. I loved my experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you worked on a team and someone was slacking   Answer Question

IT Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

2 online pre-assessments
    It was an intense, 45-min interview; however, the interview was worthwhile. Ford actually asked about specific problems and projects I had worked on in the past, asking me to walk them through the process so they could learn how I think.

Interview Questions

• What was your solution to a process problem, and what lasting impact did your solution have on the company?   Answer Question

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Madison, WI) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was really smooth. It started with going over my resume and then answering typical behavioral questions. The second part of the interview was going over a case study that I had received a week prior to the interview. I definitely recommend thoroughly understanding the case and coming with a lot of questions you had when solving it.

Interview Questions

• Can you give us an example of when you were able to lead a team in solving a problem?   Answer Question

PD- Engineering, Research and Strategy Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied my sophomore year after meeting reps from Ford at Santa Clara University. Had one interview on campus after that (weren't hiring sophomores, but they told me they'd call next year), and then another interview recently as a Junior.

They told me 4-6 weeks to hear back and it has been three weeks so I haven't heard yet.

The interview was almost purely behavioral. I'm a mechanical engineering major- and they did ask what technical skills I had that I could contribute at Ford, but that was it.

Interview Questions

• Describe you solved a difficult problem with an innovative solution?   Answer Question
    • What technical skills do you have and how can you utilize them at Ford?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Detroit, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a pleasant interview with the hiring manager discussing the roles and responsibilities, my prior work experience, education, certifications and what I could bring to the job and it's duties.

Summer 2018 Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

I met recruiters at the NBMBAA/Prospanica annual conference Career Expo. They offered me a slot for an on-the-spot interview the next day. The interviewers were very nice and asked questions mainly relevant to personality. After the conference, I had to fill out a formal application and complete further assessments. Once I passed the assessments, they then sent me a business case that I had a week to work on and then present to the interviewers. It took them about three weeks to get back to me with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name an occasion where you struggled working in a group   Answer Question

Career Foundation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (San Antonio, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

The initial interview process consisted of a foreign currency exchange model, you have a week to complete the model and be ready to present it to the interviewers. After that you are asked 5 behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• The model compares the costs of building a vehicle factory in the US vs fantasy country of Rica. You must analyze what happens to costs at various currency ratios.   1 Answer