Ford Motor Company Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ford Motor Company Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2017

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

If in school, attend every event Ford has. Make sure to talk to everyone on the team. Interviewer will be a different person. Interviewer is very nice. Overall very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions regarding technical experience   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume at career fair and was interviewed a couple weeks later. It was an on campus interview with three recruiters. It was a fairly straightforward interview consisting mostly of behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Talked with a recruiter at the University of Michigan career fair in Fall 2016, got an email for an on-campus interview a few days later. Interviewed with 2 people. They asked fairly standard interview questions (and a couple ethical ones), but I was so tired from working on a team project the night before that I could barely think.

Interview Questions

• (Forgive me, this might be slightly off because it's been almost a year) Q: Your team is behind schedule on a project because they want more time to ensure that all their product is safe. You want to publish the safety research you have done, but your boss claims that the results show the product is "safe enough" and wants you to rush out the product as quickly as possible. How do you handle the situation? What do you tell your team and your boss?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

Typical behavioral interview. I had a phone interview, and it was a bit awkward, but the process went by smoothly and quickly. I was double teamed, but it wasn't too big of a deal. I was the last interview, so I understand if it was just tiring at that point.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral interview questions, like how you work on a team or what you did when facing difficulty.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

Most easy going interview I've had. They were polite but professional. I didnt feel like I was getting peeled. Everything went smooth and the tour offered was just amazing! Make sure you are prepared and be honest.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult boss   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

One of the best interview experiences I've had.

Applied online and had a phone screen with a recruiter/HR rep. Ford then flew me in to Detroit and kept me at a hotel overnight with all meals provided. The following morning they took me and the few other candidates interviewing on the same day to the Ford Talent Center where the interview took place. It was panel interview with 3 engineering managers. They were nice, friendly guys. The interview lasted 90 minutes and it included some basic skills and behavioral questions. We also chatted about working for Ford, the company culture and living in Dearborn, MI.

The interview was followed by lunch and a tour of Dearborn, MI and Ford's campus which is spread throughout the town. Opt for this tour if it's offered to you. I was very impressed by the sheer size of operations that take place in the town.

They were very quick to make a decision post-interview. In fact, they called me back with an offer on the same day and compensation was pretty good too.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-worker or your boss.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a challenging project you were part of and how you solved the problems.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

Interview

First interview was phone screen; after a week or so received feedback for panel interview. The interviewers were good & had professional approach. A series of questions were asked (~10) and mostly situation based questions. It was more of discussion on approach & results; the interview lasted for 90-100 mins. Received phone call from recruiting agent that I had been selected...

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a urgent production issue at the plant? give an example.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 managers at once. The interview process itself was very scripted. They had documents which contained the questions they had to ask me. They asked 12 questions: 6 skills-based questions and 6 behavioral questions. The interviewers had to write down comments and notes on your response on the paper. The interview took about 90 minutes.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in January 2015.

Interview

Overall it was very standard and went through your resume and asked questions about specific experiences. It took about half an hour and was with two engineers from different departments. Both were friendly and went into detail about what their role was in their respective departments. There were not too many technical questions in this interview - mainly questions surrounding behavior and your resume.

Interview Questions

• What was one issue that came up that didn't go exactly as planned and how did you react to it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Detroit, MI) in December 2014.

Interview

HR contacted me within couple days of applying online. A phone interview was set up with the hiring manger and they decided to fly me out to Detroit for hiring conference. There was a case study that was given. The interview process started at 7 am. with included background information about Ford. A group interview, where everyone had to present their case and one on one interview with the manager. The day ended with lunch and open question- answer session. The whole process from applying to getting an offer took two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were generic behavioral questions. Nothing too technical   Answer Question