Ford Motor Company Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ford Motor Company Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Talked with a recruiter at the University of Michigan career fair in Fall 2016, got an email for an on-campus interview a few days later. Interviewed with 2 people. They asked fairly standard interview questions (and a couple ethical ones), but I was so tired from working on a team project the night before that I could barely think.

Interview Questions

• (Forgive me, this might be slightly off because it's been almost a year) Q: Your team is behind schedule on a project because they want more time to ensure that all their product is safe. You want to publish the safety research you have done, but your boss claims that the results show the product is "safe enough" and wants you to rush out the product as quickly as possible. How do you handle the situation? What do you tell your team and your boss?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor Company

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 managers at once. The interview process itself was very scripted. They had documents which contained the questions they had to ask me. They asked 12 questions: 6 skills-based questions and 6 behavioral questions. The interviewers had to write down comments and notes on your response on the paper. The interview took about 90 minutes.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in January 2015.

Interview

Overall it was very standard and went through your resume and asked questions about specific experiences. It took about half an hour and was with two engineers from different departments. Both were friendly and went into detail about what their role was in their respective departments. There were not too many technical questions in this interview - mainly questions surrounding behavior and your resume.

Interview Questions

• What was one issue that came up that didn't go exactly as planned and how did you react to it?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview to discuss background and experience. The manufacturing leader felt that based on her experience, what she knew was correct. She wasn't open to diverse backgrounds in manufacturing and other methods of success. She also claim I didn't have startup experience (when it was on my resume) and because I didn't work in consumer electronics, my manufacturing experience was applicable.

Interview Questions

• Resume walk through. Did you use OEE at your past company. Have you worked at a startup   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview started as a group information session which was really nice because it broke the ice a bit and taught about the company. Also, free refreshments which is always a plus. They gave time to review our own notes before sitting in on 1:3 interviews. The interview center was set up apart from the offices so there was full attention on the interviewee.

Interview Questions

• Questions were multi part and sometimes a little difficult to follow. Mostly they were three part questions asking about a previous issue you may have encountered, the resolution and how it changed your team.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in October 2013.

Interview

Set up an interview at my college's career fair for the next day. Interview itself was fairly straightforward and formal. There were several standard questions, and the interviewer would take notes on key points they were looking for as I answered; they use the CAR format. It wasn't until we got through all the standard questions and were going through formalities that we found out I wasn't eligible since I wasn't a U.S. citizen and needed work sponsorship.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem you faced at your previous job and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Interview

had a on campus interview and invited to talent management conference and sent out offers the week after

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Interview

had an on-campus interview and invited to the Talent Management Conference

Engineer Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, Valencian Community (Spain)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Valencia, Valencian Community (Spain)) in February 2016.

Interview

Consists in a two-phase hiring process after they have accepted your resume:

First you take a multi-type test with language, math and logical questions. You would do that test surrounded by your future companions or former workers of the company. The test is not difficult, but there are a lot of questions. Takes for around 4 hours.
    Second, interview with the hiring manager in the main offices.