Ford Motor Company Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ford Motor Company Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (New York, NY).

Interview

Sat in a room on university with 2 other interviews going on at same time. Met with head engineer of hybrid power trains. asked me questions pertaining to past experience and how i would deal with certain situations. was 30 minutes long

Interview Questions

• How would you prepare a presentation on your work for people who have no understanding of what you do.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor Company

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

Meet recruiters at university career fair. Most of the recruiters were previous grads. It seems as if they were focusing on your confidence and how you hold yourself. They had an info session the same night. To apply for an internship position, you have to pass a basic knowledge test. About a week after the career fair, I was invited for a sit down interview. The process is still pending.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

Met recruiter at an on campus career fair, talked to them and was signed up for an on campus interview later that week. Received a second round interview for which I traveled to Dearborn, MI. Morning of the interview gathered with other candidates for breakfast. Ford showed us a video of pro-Michigan propaganda and another of pro-Ford propaganda. Not very informational, just all the reasons why Michigan/Ford is the best place on the planet. Toured Ford facilities in Dearborn, Henry Ford's name was only mentioned oh, two or three hundred times on said tour. Interviewed in the afternoon with two sets of engineers.

Interview Questions

• What was an important decision you made in your life that many around you disagreed with at the time, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when you had to deal with personal issues that arose between teammates when working on a project. What did you do at the time and what would you do differently now?   Answer Question

My wife did not want to move to MI.

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

Great interview, to the point and quick response.
    Interview with 3 people on site after a quick phone interview.
    Great and easy interview experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time questions...   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in July 2013.

Interview

The first round was phone interview. It was for half hour. Two interviewers asked questions taking turns. After initial introductions, and a generic 'tell me about yourself' starter the actual interview began. It consisted of a few behavioral and a couple of situation based questions. e.g. most innovative idea, conflict with coworker, team experience, customer situations etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied through University Careers portal. Invited for a panel interview at Dearborn facility. It was an interview for a position through an agency hire.
    Interview was conducted by a group in the under-hood flow simulations team. Questions were predominantly technical about from experiences in commercial software and hands on experience in engine flow, exhaust gas and cooling system simulations.

Interview Questions

• How different is the method you used in your PhD research, from a commercial software tool in terms of accuracy ?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tirana (Albania)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Tirana (Albania)) in April 2015.

Interview

When I previously applied for a position as a mechanical engineer in Albania, the interview process consisted of a series of questions regarding my prior experience, because I have worked in factories, on roads, and aviation. The company that I was applying to was TAP (Trans Adriatic Pipeline), to be in charge of heavy equipment inspection and completing a document that verified the efficiency of the vehicle.

Interview Questions

• Are you collaborative with colleagues?
      What knowledge do you have regarding heavy machinery such as excavators, tracks, road rollers, etc.?
      What is your preferred wage?
      1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Chennai (India)) in November 2011.

Interview

I contacted the person I know working in ford and through them I approached the senior officials of the company. They spoke to me for a long time to know much about me. Finally after 2-3 meetings and after they gained confidence on me, a man from the engine dept. who is well experienced was asked to give his opinion upon me. After several meetings with him and practically proving my knowledge on the floor, he was convinced and that's how I got the job.

Interview Questions

• I am not too good at MS Excel tools. I wasted tested a lot in it. And technically, i was tested in advanced engine working concepts and ford's upcoming new products and particularly about the process of testing engines.   Answer Question