Ford Motor Company Product Development Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 6, 2017

2.7

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen Park, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Allen Park, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

(For some jobs, the easiest way to apply is either through an employee referral or a staffing agency like Jacobs, Aerotek, ...etc)
* Applied online (Employee referral), got an email to do an assessment test (Numerical + Verbal) reasoning. (You need to practice, and be ready for this exam because it's timed exam, and if you failed you have to wait another year)
* Got an email to schedule a 30-mins phone screening, was pretty simple to confirm information and few behavioral questions. (why should we hire you?), (tell me about a time when you were troubleshooting something).
* Got another call for 60-90 mins on-site interview, and they offered a tour on campus. Went there and they were very nice people, they did a 30 mins presentation about the company, and then were taken to a 3:1 interview. Interviewers were very friendly and easy going. Most of the questions were behavioral questions (STAR format -- Tell me about a time.....)
Overall it was a very nice experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

There were two people the hiring manager and team leader for the specific department they were hiring for. the interview was cool, friendly and short.
    Firstly the interviewer greeted very well and told me about himself and the job roles and description.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • they asked me more about my previous work experience in detail   1 Answer
    • any questions for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Provo, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through recruiting visit to campus and online. Interviewed on campus. Process still ongoing, they said next step would be an on-site interview. Interview was very standard, 7 scripted questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you did something innovative   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter who for the most part gauged my interest in the job and the location in Dearborn. The first interview was over the phone and there was a minimal technical aspect. After about three weeks I was contacted by an HR representative to schedule an on-site interview. I flew to Detroit, ( all paid for by Ford) the interview was about 80 minuets long and three interviewers from the group hiring the candidate were present. About 60% of the interview was technical where they asked about my research at graduate school.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to make changes to your behavior or decisions in order to complete a project on time? How did you managed to achieve your goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online, and was asked to finish an online test about behavior and maths. Passed the test, then 10 days later, got an email from HR asking for an appointment for phone interview. The phone interview took about only 10 minutes, just confirmed my eligibility for the job. No tech questions and no behavior question. Then about 2weeks later, got an arrangement for onsite interview at Ford (Dearborn). Three interviewer panel interviewed me for 90minutes, half tech questions and half behavior questions. Was arranged a campus tour after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example you worked in a team and made progress.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone screening followed by a onsite interview. The arrangement for the onsite interview is very good. About two hours interview with three managers, then company tour. Every question needs to provide a specific example to demonstrate problem solving skills relevant to product development

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to fix a mistake you made.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied Product and Development position from Company's website. Did on-line assessment including math, situation judgment, and verbal. Two days after passed on-line assessment, HR called me for a phone screen. It took 20 minutes to finish phone screen. During phone screen, my education, research experience, and relevant skills has been asked. Every question needs to provide a specific example to demonstrate problem solving skills relevant to product development.

Interview Questions

• Could you describe how to use your analytical skill to solve the problem?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Detroit, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview with an HR Rep. Checklist interview to verify eligibility for the job. Received an email before the interview with 2 behavioral and 2 skills-based questions about the job. Was told to wait for 7-10 business days after the interview to hear back from the Hiring Manager.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions which I had already answered in my online application or could have been answered by looking at my resume. (Education, Work Experience, Travel & Relocation Willingness, Salary Requirements and Contact Info.)   Answer Question

I did not decline. Just haven't heard back from them yet.

Product Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in September 2015.

Interview

It was a short, time constraint 30 mins interview conducted on campus. The interviewer asked series of 4~5 questions. Got an interview after the career fair and completing the online assessment. He said I might hear back after 2 weeks to a couple of months. It's been less than a week since the interview and I haven't heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you succeeded in one of your roles listed on your resume.   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in September 2015.

Interview

Weirdly enough, I was contacted by Ford somewhat out of the blue asking me to apply to their intern program. The version of my resume they had at the interview was over a year old, so I suspect they got the older version from a resume book. At any rate, I applied, completed an online aptitude/fit test to check for verbal, computational, and fit with the company, and after being informed that I passed, was contacted to schedule an on-campus interview. The interview was a mix of behavioral questions and questions about my resume and projects.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Ford?   1 Answer
    • What do you consider your greatest weakness?   Answer Question
    • Imagine you're in a group, and the results of your work have to be passed onto another team for them to work with. You discover that one of your teammates did not run one a test--what do you do?   Answer Question