Ford Motor Company Product Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ford Motor Company Product Development Interview Questions

Interviews at Ford Motor Company

2.3

Product Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in October 2017.

Interview

There was a one hour long behavioral interview with a manager and a recruiter. I also took a math assessment before the interview. I met the recruiter at my college career fair.

Interview Questions

• What's an example of a presentation you've given to an unreceptive audience?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor Company

Product Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in January 2018.

Interview

First round is an online web assessment and second round is a two person interview. Overall the recruiters were very friendly and this was one of the better interview processes I have gone through.

Product Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

I applied through a mutual contact from my network. They forwarded me to a hiring team. After some emails, I was given a time to interview with two Ford employees over the phone. I was asked behavioral questions, and about my past experiences and projects. Afterwards, I was given an offer.
    I would recommend being prepared to talk about past engineering projects and experiences, and how they shaped you. They may ask you to explain the project and/or what it was like to work on that

Interview Questions

• Some basic questions on ethics in the workplace   1 Answer
    • Questions about job experience   Answer Question
    • Questions about past projects: time I had an innovative solution, time I worked in a team.   Answer Question

Product Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in September 2016.

Interview

My school hosted a career fair for engineers. I talked with a recruiter who told me to apply online. After a few days I got an email saying I had an interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to innovate something?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Cambridge, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed group interview at a restaurant the day after my university's career fair. I got a call the night of the career fair asking to come to lunch the next day dressed business casual. They ordered food and didn't really challenge us with interview questions, rather wanted to see where we'd fit at Ford, asked about our interests. Out of the 25-30 people at the luncheon, I'm sure 80-100% got offers. I didn't really know what I wanted to do in engineering. I kind of said I wasn't sure of my specific interests (within engineering) and they suggested some kinds of divisions of engineering within Ford and I replied with "yeah that sounds cool" or "no, that doesn't interest me". I got an offer 2 weeks later via email with one of the divisions that I said "yeah, that sounds cool" to. No 2nd round interview or anything. Didn't get flown out or anything to see Dearborn. And then I was given a 2 week ultimatum on my offer, before other companies came out with their offers. No extensions. I ended up taking the offer out of fear of rejection from other companies. I didn't get any other offers.

Interview Questions

• What kind of things are you interested in within engineering? (within a group of 3 people to 1 recruiter)   Answer Question

Product Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

I applied online on their website. The application process was simple. I was contacted a few days later to schedule an appointment for an interview. The interview was mainly behavioral questions and the interview was almost an hour long. The questions were fairly easy. However, I did not get any offer from them.

Product Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

I did an internship at ford and after that I received an offer from them. I did not interview with them. They knew me based on my performance during my internship and offered me a job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your latest job? What would you like in the company?   Answer Question

Product Development Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

Met with recruiters at on campus events. Applied online and had a phone interview a few weeks later. All behavioral. Recruiters were nice and did a good job of selling the company and the work.

Interview Questions

Location, type of work not what I was looking for.

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Stanford, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Lots of questions about the ford culture and how you would deal with it / add to it. They asked about my experience and how I would add to one of their teams. Why I would be a good candidate and how I would deal with difficult situations in the work place. The phone conversation was about 1 hour long.

Interview Questions

• If you're working on a team and someone isn't producing as well as they need to be then how do you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

One on-campus interview, behavioral. One on-site interview, mix of technical automotive questions and behavioral. Technical questions mainly concerned your familiarity with engines and powertrains, as well as some manufacturing terminology.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked in a team and something went wrong.   Answer Question