Ford Motor Company Research Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ford Motor Company Research Engineer Interview Questions

2.9

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

Ford arranged a stay at Dearborn Inn prior to the interview which was very classy. The interview itself was 90 minutes long with a panel of 3 technical leaders/experts. First half of the interview was more technical. Second has geared towards behavioral questions. Some of the questions were fairly long with many sub questions. But the interviewers were happy to repeat the questions. They are took notes during the interview. After the interview, Ford had arranged a bus tour around Dearborn.

Interview Questions

• Analyze the stability of a simple system in time/frequency domain.
    Describe a situation challenging situation when working in a group? What actions you took. What were the outcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor Company

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

Very organised process. All the recruits are welcomed in a room the morning of the interview, some videos are shown about the company and the area in which it is located. You are given a packet that shows the schedule. They then take you to your interview location (room next door) and an about an hour of interview time with people from the department you are applying for takes place. In my case that time was not enough so my interviewers walked with me back the recruits room and had lunch with me. Then there was a tour of one of the manufacturing plants.

What I experienced extra was that my interviewers were very adamant about showing me the project I would be working on, so they asked me if I had time after the plant tour to go out to their facility and spend a couple of hours. So I did, and it was very worth it.

Interview Questions

• First half of the interview was a bit boring for me, behavioural questions for things like conflict resolution and how you work well in a team were asked. They give you plenty of time to think about each question and discuss the answers with you.

The second part was about technical questions, things very detailed about the job. I applied for the autonomous vehicle project, so there were a lot of questions about control systems, estimations theory, programming skills in c, c++, MATLAB, python. Other questions were related to the field of robotics like mapping, localization, path planning, you know the works. But it more felt like a back and forth conversation with people in my technical field than just a barrage of questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Then I had a short phone interview with a HR-person about my qualifications, software experience etc. The actual interview was with three engineers of the research group offering the position. They ask several technical questions, which were prepared beforehand, and then ask additional questions for clarification.

Interview Questions

• Describe an engineering software you are experienced in. What is good about it? What should be improved?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was casual but to the point. They asked about technical expertise, experience and accomplishment. Questions indicated they were looking for individuals who performed well on cross functional teams and had good communication skills. . They also provided a moderately detailed description of the work requirements. General information on salary range and benefits were provided towards the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What was a significant technical accomplishment that you were a major contributor?.   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in January 2015.

Interview

The opening was for research engineer in Ford advanced engineering. Applied through common contact. One phone interview and one web conference. Received an email asking for available dates for a phone conversation. After the first phone interview, second web interview was scheduled. I presented my work at the web interview and mostly technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions in the phone interview were easy. They were aimed at getting to know me better. Overall the interview was not hard and the interviewers were friendly. One of the question asked was why do you want to work for Ford? What appeals to you about the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

I talked with a research engineer in FORD and he sent me a form to apply for the position.
    I had a brief phone interview and then an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Their questions are focused on "how I can contribute to the company".
      And the most difficult question was "if you are going to travel to the moon, what will you do?".   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in March 2014.

Interview

Had a single phone interview with 3 managers. General interview with discussion on resume. They asked details, approach and brief explanation about the projects and publications listed on the resume.

Interview lasted for about 20 mins.They described the job responsibility and problems that has to be adressed and asked my opinion and suggestion on a particular control problem.

Research Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone interview and then onsite interview after two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Some behavior questions: what is your weakness? How do you demonstrate your leadership?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

Started with self intro and Asked about my current research field and interest
    Specifics about my current research topic and gave an overall description of the requirement of the position
    Was an overall average interview
    Advice :Be fully prepared for every detail of your current research