Ford Motor Company Research Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ford Motor Company Research Scientist Interview Questions

4.0

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

Took about 4 weeks between applying and an on-site interview. Applied online, got a call for a screening interview, then asked to come in for an interview. The screening interview was done by a recruiter and was a bit awkward as they only asked questions that could have easily been answered by a quick look at my resume. No behavioral questions. I was contacted a couple weeks later to come in for an interview with "hiring managers." I emphasize "hiring managers" because there actually wasn't a single hiring manager present. Instead, it was 3 scientists from the group I was interviewing for. In this interview, I was asked both technical and behavioral questions. The one caveat to this whole experience, though, was that it wasn't so much an interview as it was a dissertation defense. Questions were directed towards a position that was not as it was described on the online application. Overall, the whole experience was a bit disappointing, especially for a company of this size and capability.

Interview Questions

• You have been asked to lead a multi-million dollar, multi-year grant that will be supported across several companies and universities. How do you start?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor Company

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2011.

Interview

Phone screens, then in person interview. Overall it was a great experience, very open and honest communication and a conversational style of interview vs reading from a list like most do these days... During the interview process you may get a tour of the shop floor. Be sure to pay attention and be engaged in the tour (ask questions). They'll probably ask you about what you were shown or explained later on.

Interview Questions

• How would you apply statistical analysis to your problem solving tasks?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Interview

Applied for the position online. Received a phone interview approximately three days later. The interviewer mostly asked questions about my background, experiences, and career aspirations to determine if everything aligned with the position. In the end, the experience did not match what they were looking for. Only apply if everything on your resume matches the job description.