Ford Motor Company Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 6, 2017

2.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

Technical Staffing firm did initial interview for salary, goals, and discussion of the position description
Ford did in person interview with a panel of a few engineers for about an hour. Far too short.
Questions were basic and straight forward. Some were about problem solving, describing how you would handle a issue reported as broken. Fit was important so a lot of the questions were to ask about fit and there was discussion between team members to see how the candidate would react, interject, or comment.
Team was very positive, team oriented, and focused on knowledge sharing.
Staffing firm was pushy, wanted to commit to job before interview, wanted to know if you wanted to take it before the final offer was given. It was a strong turn off and at one point I almost walked away from the process out of being pushed to make a decision.

Interview Questions

The opportunity was not a great fit for my goals, vision, and values.

Other Interview Reviews for Ford Motor Company

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted 2 days later by phone. 20 min phone interview with HR discussing salary and reason for job change. They set up an on-site interview for 3 weeks later. Paid for flight and nice hotel. After a short briefing by HR, I had a 2 hour interview with 3 Engineers. Then lunch and a public factory tour (optional). Got a very polite 'no' email the next day.

Interview Questions

• 5 technical questions then about general product development process stuff followed by 5 behavioral questions "name a time you didn't agree with someone.   Answer Question

Engine Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

1 phone interview and 1 in person interview with an offer following 2 days after the in person interview. Interview process was good for both screening me and me gaining information about the job.

Interview Questions

• pretty long technical interview but applicable to both Ford and me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

Simple, One round with hiring supervisor and another supervisor basic interview questions not too complicated. Just follow the STEP format and you will be good. Strengths, weaknesses, situation based questions and be confident. confidence is very necessary in this place to succeed

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dearborn, MI) in August 2010.

Interview

Process involved coming onsite for several days and working with other potential hires on working on issues dealing with business decisions on the manufacturing of cars. Several different interviews were done and evaluations were done by panels on hire decision.

Interview Questions

• Probably the question on " You made a mistake or error on the system and how did you handle it".   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, basically they asked for the salary you would be expecting. I told him that I wanted the medium salary for the area based on online salary surveys and they told me that was unacceptable and wanted a specific number. I suspect if I asked for too much they would of not gave me an offer. So I was unemployed at the time and based on the average salaries for the area, I probably started about 7-8K less for my experience.