Ford Motor Company Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

3.2

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Development Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grays, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Grays, England (UK)).

Interview

The day was split into 4 parts; an interview, a group work exercise, a role play and a mathematical challenge. Aspects of the day were relatively straight forward whereas things such as the role play were extremely challenging resulting from minimal preparation time.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of a time where you were successful in changing a colleagues mind about something.   1 Answer

Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got the phone interview online. It was really quick process and I am really satisfied with process regarding the speed. It took me about 2 weeks for the phone interview. And the further reviews should be made within a month.

Interview Questions

• Why should I choose Shanghai, what is my plan after graduation. My education background.   1 Answer

IT Placement Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company.

Interview

I applied to a placement in essex, UK. The process took around 1 month.

The process was:
    Online application

Inductive reasoning test

Numerical reasoning test

20 min phone interview

At the moment im waiting to do the assesment centre.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to this specific role?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about this role and the company?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to achieve a difficult result despite setbacks.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deliver service to a customer.   1 Answer

Marketing, Sales and Service Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rainham, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Rainham, South East England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Standard online application, followed by telephone interview which went over my CV and asked questions relating to prior experience. Soon invited to the assessment centre which included a 1:1 interview, group exercise, individual role play exercise and a written exercise. They made you feel really comfortable throughout and very accommodating but ultimately i was ill-prepared and unmotivated.

Human Resources Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dagenham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dagenham, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Online assessments, phone interview followed with an assessment centre.

Although it was for a HR role the assessment centre was designed as a business/it one.

Feedback given was very generic and didn't last longer than a 60 second phone call. I tried asking follow up questions but couldn't receive an answer on them.

Interview Questions

• The Assessment Centre was made up of a role play exercise, interview, group exercise and written task.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

As described on the Application Website. 4 mains areas focused towards, no surprises, ensure knowledge of company throughout as core values is needed for assessors to show your passion to the company and why you want to work there.

Automotive Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

1. Send your application.
    2. Complete online tests (Diagrammatic, Numerical)
    3. Telephone interview.
    3. Final Assessment Centre

I have been successful so far and have reached the final assessment centre, which I will undertake soon. I have prepared for the online tests using jobtestprep.co.uk and the free practice test provided by SHL and assessmentday.co.uk.

For the telephone interview, I prepared overviews of each relevant university project, using the STAR method. Review the current issues in your area. In my case, I focused on Ford and the automotive developments, for example their Ecoboost engine range which is an award winning engine.

Interview Questions

• These were the following questions they asked for the telephone interview:
      1. Knowledge of Ford: What was your motivation to apply for the role and what research have you done into Ford in the automotive industry?
      2. Working effectively with others: Give an example when you have persuaded someone to change their course of action from what they originally intended. (What have you done to persuade them and how you changed their mind).
      3. Resilience: Tell me about a time when you had to persevere with a task despite a setback.
      4. Delivering results and being customer focused: Give an example when you had responsibilities to deliver some work to a customer (make sure to give an example of what you did to meet the customer's requirements).   1 Answer

Graduate IT Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

First stage, I sent the application. Second stage, assessment tests. Third stage, I had to do video interview and I got to the assessment center stage but didn't get to attend the center as my visa documents were with Home Office.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us a time when you have to persuade a team member to do your way.   Answer Question

Graduate Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was not very long. I had to do a telephone interview, online test for numerical and logical test, and assessment day, which have not been done yet. I have only passed the telephone and online test. Still have to complete the assessment day. Did the interview through a recruitment agency.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for the graduate scheme? What do you know about Ford and why Ford? Describe a time when you have to persuade someone effectively and how did you do it? Describe a time when you have to achieve a difficult result with setbacks? How do you deliver customer service and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Colchester, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Really good, chilled, was like having a conversation which made me comfortable but the questions asked were challenging which is good because you don't want to work for a company that lets you have an easy interview. the process was professional but maintained a level which made you feel not nervous

Interview Questions

• Excel skills, can you show me how to do a Vlookup   1 Answer