Ford Motor Company Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Ford Motor Company Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Feb 21, 2017

3.1

Marketing, Sales and Service Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rainham, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Rainham, South East England, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Standard online application, followed by telephone interview which went over my CV and asked questions relating to prior experience. Soon invited to the assessment centre which included a 1:1 interview, group exercise, individual role play exercise and a written exercise. They made you feel really comfortable throughout and very accommodating but ultimately i was ill-prepared and unmotivated.

Human Resources Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dagenham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Dagenham, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Online assessments, phone interview followed with an assessment centre.

Although it was for a HR role the assessment centre was designed as a business/it one.

Feedback given was very generic and didn't last longer than a 60 second phone call. I tried asking follow up questions but couldn't receive an answer on them.

Interview Questions

• The Assessment Centre was made up of a role play exercise, interview, group exercise and written task.   Answer Question

Automotive Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

1. Send your application.
    2. Complete online tests (Diagrammatic, Numerical)
    3. Telephone interview.
    3. Final Assessment Centre

I have been successful so far and have reached the final assessment centre, which I will undertake soon. I have prepared for the online tests using jobtestprep.co.uk and the free practice test provided by SHL and assessmentday.co.uk.

For the telephone interview, I prepared overviews of each relevant university project, using the STAR method. Review the current issues in your area. In my case, I focused on Ford and the automotive developments, for example their Ecoboost engine range which is an award winning engine.

Interview Questions

• These were the following questions they asked for the telephone interview:
      1. Knowledge of Ford: What was your motivation to apply for the role and what research have you done into Ford in the automotive industry?
      2. Working effectively with others: Give an example when you have persuaded someone to change their course of action from what they originally intended. (What have you done to persuade them and how you changed their mind).
      3. Resilience: Tell me about a time when you had to persevere with a task despite a setback.
      4. Delivering results and being customer focused: Give an example when you had responsibilities to deliver some work to a customer (make sure to give an example of what you did to meet the customer's requirements).
      1 Answer

Graduate IT Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

First stage, I sent the application. Second stage, assessment tests. Third stage, I had to do video interview and I got to the assessment center stage but didn't get to attend the center as my visa documents were with Home Office.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us a time when you have to persuade a team member to do your way.   Answer Question

Graduate Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was not very long. I had to do a telephone interview, online test for numerical and logical test, and assessment day, which have not been done yet. I have only passed the telephone and online test. Still have to complete the assessment day. Did the interview through a recruitment agency.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for the graduate scheme? What do you know about Ford and why Ford? Describe a time when you have to persuade someone effectively and how did you do it? Describe a time when you have to achieve a difficult result with setbacks? How do you deliver customer service and how did you do it?   Answer Question

IT Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Chelmsford, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Very formal interview process, attending made me no longer want to work at Ford. I felt the disconnect between senior and junior team members immediately. My personal opinion was that I would feel like a small cog in the huge machine

Interview Questions

• What is going on in the automotive industry at the moment   1 Answer

Graduate Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rainham, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (Rainham, London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

The application process involved an online form with some detailed questions, a telephone interview, and an assessment day.

The assessment day (mainly competency based, barely any technical content) consisted of an interview, a written exercise, a role-play exercise, and a group exercise. The role-play task was difficult, and the other tasks were more straightforward.

Interview Questions

• What are the current challenges for the automotive industry? Talk about a time when you had to overcome a problem.   Answer Question

Product Development Engineer Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company in May 2016.

Interview

Completed online competency form. Invited to online tests which were easy.

No response for a month than an email notifying me that the graduate positions have been filled and my application will not be progressed. I know I scored really highly on these tests have done so many of them, so they invited me to complete these tests even though they haven't planned out the tests, phone interview then AC process.

Disgraceful HR department.

Ford College Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (London, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

online form, aptitude tests and phone interview before assessment center. The process took over a week, it did not allow me much time to prepare unfortunately. Competency based questions, The interviewer clearly does not care if English is not your first language. It was very hard to hear anything and the questions had some words I had to look up as I did not know them.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Apply online, waited about two months then received an email to complete an online assessment including verbal and numerical tests. A week later receiving another email about a phone interview time. All the available times were the same day. I replied to ask for tomorrow then they called me to confirm. Phone interview with HR about four to five questions and informed me pass immediately. Invited to the last stage assessment centre next month.

Interview Questions

• Why ford?
      What do you about Ford?
      A time persuade someone?
      A time result despite setback?
      A time result delivered for customers?
      How did you change other initial idea?what was the lesson learnt?
      1 Answer