Ford Motor Company (UK) Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 3, 2017

3.4

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK) (Brentwood, England (UK)).

Interview

online application
    a full day assessment centre which includes :
    competence based questions - describe when you do something/demonstrate certain quality, give example
    aptitude tests - maths questions
    in-tray test - email based
    group work
    presentation - analyze and present a business case to a manager and make recommendation
    1:1 interview - general question about your experience and why you apply

Interview Questions

• why you want to work for the company?
      what do you know about the industry?   Answer Question

EV Product Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK).

Interview

The application process started with two online tests, numerical reasoning and Inductive reasoning.
    next was a telephone interview with the standard questions. ( why did you choose ford, what can you bring to ford, explain one time when.. - they will email you with the information on what rough area the questions will be about. after the telephone interview you will be invited to an assessment centre. The assesment centre consists of four tests. ( the information on these tests can be found on their website - there are no real suprises as their website details the process fairly well) You will find out a few days later. If you have not been successful you can ask for feedback and they will call you with information on how you did ( where you did well, where you were lacking).

Manpower were incharge of the organisation of the process and they were not the best at keeping everything running well.
     - the online tests DO NOT work on high resolution monitors (4k, 1440p etc)
     - they emailed three different times for the assesment center not clarifying which time was the actual time of the day.
     - they provided the wrong schedules for the day and had to re-print schedules for everyone.
     - after emailing them asking them to update some information on file they did not respond or take action.
     - they did not have the correct forms for the some of the excercises at the assesment day.
    however they were very polite and did managed to get things sorted in the end.

However the Ford people were really organised and I could not fault anything about how they performed.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the three main challenges are facing the automotive industry   Answer Question

IT Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rainham, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK) (Rainham, South East England, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, competency questions asked. After this had been passed, online tests were completed and results were quickly dispatched.
    Next stage was telephone interview, I was informed by email that I had passed this within 10 minutes of completing the interview.
    Assessment centre was located in Essex, it was a long day with an e-tray exercise in which you are put under pressure, a group discussion, a role play and an interview.
    I was informed by phone call the day after the assessment centre that they would like to offer me the job.
    The members of staff were always supportive and encouraging the whole way through.

Marketing and Sales Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harlow, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK) (Harlow, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quite prolonged and very disjointed, it is run by ManPower who were unable to answer many of the questions asked in the telephone interviews. A friend who applied for the same role was invited to the assessment day 'by accident' and shortly told it was cancelled. Upon questioning this, she was told she was never meant to attend they had emailed her by mistake.

The assessment day itself was engaging, but gave no feel for Ford as a company, or any of the people you could be working for, as there was no interaction time. The feedback from the assessment centre was from an individual who hadn't attended the day and couldn't read the comments which had clearly been hand-written by the assessors so failed to offer any constructive criticism.

Following the assessment centre, 3 months later my travel (£94) has still not been reimbursed, and the manpower email address, which are the only contact details you are given, is non-responsive. Really poor quality of recruitment. Terrible experience overall, as a corporate entity, Ford are giving a terrible reflection on themselves as an employer through using Man Power.

IT Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK) (Basildon, East of England, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

4 Stages - Online Application, Online Numerical and Systematic Reasoning Test, Telephone Interview and finally an Assessment Center. You can prepare for each stage by discussing it with your HR Contact should you pass the Online Application Stage and all information can be found on the Ford Graduate Recruitment Process page online.

Interview Questions

• What do you see being the biggest change in the IT/Automotive Sector in the coming years?   1 Answer

Prototype Build Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK) (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Took 1 week to book the meeting, overall impressed as it also took them 1 week to make a decision and pass on the information. Two supervisors were asking the question of which they tried to calm down my nerves and let me think about there question.

Interview Questions

• What benefit would you bring to this role   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK).

Interview

The interview process consists of 4 steps - online application, online numerical and inductive reasoning tests, telephone interview and assessment centre. All information about each step can be found on company's website. The whole process took about a month and a half and I got to know the outcome of each step fairly quickly, in few days' time.

Interview Questions

• You have to have reasons why you want to work for Ford and be aware of the current trends in the automotive industry. There's no technical knowledge required during the assessment events - it's all behavioral based.   1 Answer

Product Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK).

Interview

Telephone Interview lasted around 30 minutes and I was asked all the typical competency based questions (Result focus, Customer Focus). Make sure you know Ford's background and the role you apply for. They send me an e-mail 2 days later inviting me to an assessment day.

Graduate Product Development Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ford Motor Company (UK).

Interview

6 competency based questions, Group project, Role Play, In Tray exercise. Very nice experience. In tray being the most demanding. Start writing and don't stop for a second. Role play was also difficult. Make sure whatever happens, write a good report at the end.

Graduate Manufacture Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Initial online application asking standard questions. If you pass initial screening are invited to complete two online test, one reasoning(recognizing patterns) and numerical one (percentages and graphs). If you are successful you are asked to complete a telephone interview.

Telephone interview lasted approx 15mins, they send you information about what questions will be asked so just research these.

If successful you are invited to assessment day.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected question as they were sent before, Some of the online tests can be tricky   Answer Question