Forest City Enterprises Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 8, 2016

2.4

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forest City Enterprises (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

Met at their DC office. They took a lot of consideration to the fact that I drove 5 hours to make the interview. Lots of questions but very friendly and relaxed environment.

Interview Questions

• Most question were centered around getting to see how much experience I had by asking me questions about my current role at the property I manage. Not too many technical questions.   Answer Question
    • Why was I looking to relocate to the area?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forest City Enterprises (Richmond, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was called within a week after applying online and the interview was scheduled a few days later. They were doing 3 days of interviews for this one position so there was a lot of competition. While I was in the waiting room I was given a short personality questionnaire to complete.

Interview Questions

• What kind of management style do you work well under?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forest City Enterprises.

Interview

The first round interview was a phone interview with HR from the headquarters. She only asked me to go through my resume and some other basic questions.

After the phone interview, HR scheduled a second round interview with the on-site manager and his assistant.

The final round interview was with the regional manager in department of affordable housing in the whole western region. The regional manager introduced me the structure of the company.

After I completed all the interviews, I was asked to complete two more tests online.

Interview Questions

• Go through my resume with my resume.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase. HR mentioned the salary in the first round interview.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forest City Enterprises.

Interview

Short with inexperienced manager. Didn't meet any other team members and the process took a long time before actually began after notification of being hired. Nothing in interview was accurate as far as time off, working conditions and training.

Assistant Security Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forest City Enterprises (Charleston, WV) in September 2015.

Interview

Very well. I felt very at ease. The interviewer was fair and reasonable. Interviewer asked about my strengths and weaknesses and why I would be the best candidate for the vacancy. Interviewer clearly and politely explained the companies background to me and all of the different aspects that the job demanded. Go in confident and the interview will be a breeze.

Interview Questions

• why do you think you would be the best candidate for this position? ANSWER THIS ONE IN DETAIL   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forest City Enterprises in January 2015.

Interview

Qualitative, easy questions to get a sense for fit.
    Questions on former work experience, personality, strengths, weaknesses, and other ways to determine a potential candidate's fit. The company culture is warm and receptive to new ideas. The interview is used to gauge one's values as well as professional accolades.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate a salary because it was a base-level pay job (internship).

Leasing Consultant Interview

Interview

Great love every thing about it people. Were very informative learn alot new things pertaining to property management. It's slot of growth within. The community like hourly wage what experience did you bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• What would do if you had a double tour?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes was able to negotiate

Resident Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Stevens, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forest City Enterprises (Lake Stevens, WA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online less than two weeks ago. Yesterday I received a call directly from the property manager, who arranged an in person interview with me on site this morning. It went absolutely amazing! I was nervous going in at first because this is really my ideal job. I was a military spouse and this position is within one of FC's military housing communities, so I felt really comfortable coming into the office seeing military families and memorabilia.

The property manager sat down with me in a private office and was absolutely one of the sweetest, easy going, least intimidating people I have ever met. We had a completely flowing, natural, and exciting conversation for over an hour. We were both mutually happy with how the interview went, so she showed me one of the vacant homes in the community.

After I left, she called me to give her manager a call as a follow up to the interview. She basically asked me simple questions like what I am looking for in a job and what I can bring to the community. Tomorrow I have a phone call set up with the recruiter, which should be to arrange drug testing and a background check, but I'm not sure.

Overall, I am SO impressed with how things are going. I don't know if it's just because I'm lucky enough to be interviewing for a great location - but I'm sure the company is equally as awesome purely based on how wonderful the managers I've spoken with are, and how happy they are with their jobs.

Interview Questions

• None - all extremely easy, natural, flowing questions. In fact, she didn't even ask me the questions from the interview question template. She pushed it to the side, and we just chatted as if we were friends!   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Forest City Enterprises (Cleveland, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process is relatively easy for interns. The only problem, however, the the time it takes for a recruiter to get back to a candidate is an extremely long time. The interview questions were easy and simple, with a few random "situational" questions. The recruiters are all very nice and willing to get back to you. First you will receive a phone interview from a recruiter. After your phone interview, you'll come onsite for an interview with the hiring manager. This is a short interview basically repeating the same answers and questions as the phone interview. After that, it's just a waiting game!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used analytics.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no room to negotiate -- set wage, hours, start date, etc.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Forest City Enterprises.

Interview

Interviewing process was a bit unorganized with the recruiter, but was better on property. The questions were pretty difficult to answer on the spot, but it was manageable. They are very thorough with the background and previous employer checks. The hiring process was pretty long from beginning to end.

Interview Questions

• No specific interview question stands out the most to me. However, the interview was difficult because the recruiter wanted me to tailor my answers to specific experiences which is difficult sometimes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I don't know that negotiation was an option, but I wish I had tried.