Forest Laboratories Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Forest Laboratories Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Forest Laboratories

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forest Laboratories (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone screen was about 20-30 minutes long. Asked why pharmaceuticals and why I'd be a good fit for the company. Then had a one on one with the hiring manager. Had to sell him a pencil and I did this by telling him the features and benefits that would fit his needs. Lastly, I was flown to St. Louis to interview the Regional Manager. This was a very brief meeting about 30 minutes long he only asked me why I wanted to get into the industry and then we mostly talked about the compensation package.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me this pencil?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Forest Laboratories

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Forest Laboratories.

Interview

Quick and easy. The hiring manager needed someone quick and we got along great. Mostly based on "gut" feelings. Not much negotiation room on salary or benefits if any. Was able to have the whole process completed in a week.

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Forest Laboratories in April 2013.

Interview

I was referred by an acquaintance. I received a phone call from the district manager and scheduled an in-person interview for the following week. I had to do a sales pitch right away (sell a fake drug to manager/ interviewer who pretended to be a busy doctor). I closed the interview well and was invited to do a ride-along with a current rep. Had one more follow-up interview to discuss the ride-along.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you?   1 Answer
    • "Sell me this fictitious drug (you have 10 minutes to review drug information). Pretend that I am a busy doctor and you are the sales rep visiting my office"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forest Laboratories (Tarrytown, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Miserable experience.

I interviewed with two District Managers in a hotel loby just outside of NYC. Both men appeared to hate their lives and it showed on their faces. The hiring manager sat back and played with his phone during the interview, while his goon counterpart did all of the talking. The goon continued to belittle the industry I was currently working in and acted like a know-it-all.

It's clear that people don't want to work in this industry, they just wind up here. People here hate their lives because the hit a glass ceiling the second they're hired.

Don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Tell my why you want to work here....   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forest Laboratories (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

Received a call for a phone interview within a week of applying. The interview was about 40 minutes long, and fairly easy. Met for an in-person interview at a hotel in Indy, which went well. I received a call a week later saying that they liked me, but had been put on a "hiring freeze" and they asked me to keep following up. Since they didn't like me enough to follow up with ME, I decided it was not the company for me.

Interview Questions

• Very conversational - Gave me about a minute to prepare for a "mock" sales scenario   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Earth City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Forest Laboratories (Earth City, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

I initially applied online. Received an email two days later asking me to complete an assessment. A week later received a phone screen by a DM. He stated if selected to move forward I would here from him before the end of the week. Received a call the next day asking to meet the next morning. Went to corporate office, met with him for about 30 minutes, thought it went well. Initiated a f/u call, no response. Never heard from the company again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Forest Laboratories (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I made it past the selection round and completed a lengthy exam. This was followed by a telephone interview, an interview with an account manager, an interview with two account managers, and a final interview with an account manager and a regional manager. Expect to make sales pitches, read scenarios, and get asked regular star questions. I did great up until my last interview. The regional manager was extremely rude, interrupted continuously, and made many snarky comments.

Interview Questions

• What are you going to do when people shut doors in your face?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forest Laboratories (San Antonio, TX) in May 2009.

Interview

Phone interview, face to face interview, 2nd face to face interview with additional manager (during which you have to do a sales simulation), final interview with regional manager.

Overall, their products are very good, but the attitude they project is not. I didn't get an offer, but after the interview process I wouldn't have accepted it if I had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forest Laboratories (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2012.

Interview

Very friendly managers and was asked many situational questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forest Laboratories (Roanoke, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

Basic interview. No role-playing, no in-depth questioning. Felt as if decision was made before the interview began.

Interview Questions

• What products does Forest sell and what do you know about them.   1 Answer