Forest Laboratories Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative

Forest Laboratories Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Forest Laboratories

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forest Laboratories (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone screen was about 20-30 minutes long. Asked why pharmaceuticals and why I'd be a good fit for the company. Then had a one on one with the hiring manager. Had to sell him a pencil and I did this by telling him the features and benefits that would fit his needs. Lastly, I was flown to St. Louis to interview the Regional Manager. This was a very brief meeting about 30 minutes long he only asked me why I wanted to get into the industry and then we mostly talked about the compensation package.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me this pencil?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Forest Laboratories

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Forest Laboratories in April 2013.

Interview

I was referred by an acquaintance. I received a phone call from the district manager and scheduled an in-person interview for the following week. I had to do a sales pitch right away (sell a fake drug to manager/ interviewer who pretended to be a busy doctor). I closed the interview well and was invited to do a ride-along with a current rep. Had one more follow-up interview to discuss the ride-along.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you?   1 Answer
    • "Sell me this fictitious drug (you have 10 minutes to review drug information). Pretend that I am a busy doctor and you are the sales rep visiting my office"   1 Answer

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Forest Laboratories.

Interview

Quick and easy. The hiring manager needed someone quick and we got along great. Mostly based on "gut" feelings. Not much negotiation room on salary or benefits if any. Was able to have the whole process completed in a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forest Laboratories (Tarrytown, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Miserable experience.

I interviewed with two District Managers in a hotel loby just outside of NYC. Both men appeared to hate their lives and it showed on their faces. The hiring manager sat back and played with his phone during the interview, while his goon counterpart did all of the talking. The goon continued to belittle the industry I was currently working in and acted like a know-it-all.

It's clear that people don't want to work in this industry, they just wind up here. People here hate their lives because the hit a glass ceiling the second they're hired.

Don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

• Tell my why you want to work here....   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forest Laboratories (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

Received a call for a phone interview within a week of applying. The interview was about 40 minutes long, and fairly easy. Met for an in-person interview at a hotel in Indy, which went well. I received a call a week later saying that they liked me, but had been put on a "hiring freeze" and they asked me to keep following up. Since they didn't like me enough to follow up with ME, I decided it was not the company for me.

Interview Questions

• Very conversational - Gave me about a minute to prepare for a "mock" sales scenario   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Forest Laboratories (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I made it past the selection round and completed a lengthy exam. This was followed by a telephone interview, an interview with an account manager, an interview with two account managers, and a final interview with an account manager and a regional manager. Expect to make sales pitches, read scenarios, and get asked regular star questions. I did great up until my last interview. The regional manager was extremely rude, interrupted continuously, and made many snarky comments.

Interview Questions

• What are you going to do when people shut doors in your face?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forest Laboratories (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

A.) 1st interview - Hotel Location about 65 miles from where I live. Basic first level questions, mostly about your resume'/background/education. Be able to explain your history and how you were successful. Why Pharma? Why Forest? lasted about 1.5 hours.

B.) 2nd interview - Same hotel location 65 miles from my house. Star ?s and a sales simulation where you sell a fictional product to a doctor. They leave the room for 15 min and you get 10 min to sell. you go over your good and bad things you did, they will give you feedback. Remember all the feedback for the next interview. Pay special attention to the visual aid graph and use it. 2.5 hours

C.) 3rd interview - Same hotel location 65 miles from my house. Two managers this time. The same sales sim as soon as you walk in. Do the sales sim again, remembering the feedback from the first time. More Star quesitons, and "tell me your strengths, weakness" questions. Then another excercise regarding route planning. Basically, have a stategy on how to plan your day.2 hours

D.) Ride day with Candidate watching him call on Docs and Pharmacists. 4 hours

E.) 4th interview-Same hotel location 65 miles from my house, Lunch with hiring manager. Basis questions "how do you work in a team environment" blah blah. Go voer what you learned in the ride day. So much talking, you literally dont have time to eat. Go over a little of what to expect in the final interview with the RD. This is where I was told it was between me and 1 other candidate and hiring manger said "im not even having lunch with the other candidate" insinuating that i am the leading candidate.1.5 hours

F.) 5th Final Interview with RD and hiring manager at a hotel 88 miles from my house. Very in depth questions about education(gpa/honors), past pay, future pay(with current company), why pharma, why forest. I closed hard for the job at this point. Couldnt get a commitment. 1.5hours (after moving the interview time up by 60 minutes the night before, and then making me wait for 30 min to step in the room.

Final result...
    After driving a total of 696 miles and spending 12 hours(not including drive time) interviewing and riding with the rep. I was not chosen for the job. My assessment: the hiring manager really liked me, but something about me the Regional director didnt like...needless to say, im bitter. I really do feel the hiring manager wanted me over the other candidate. If not, they were leading me on through the whole process...

Interview Questions

• give and example of a time you failed and how you bounced back....   2 Answers

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forest Laboratories.

Interview

I applied for a position on the company website and got a call a couple weeks later asking to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was pretty basic, talked about the territory I would cover, the products, etc. and said they would call me back if I was chosen to move to the next round. Got a call a week later for a one-on-one interview which is tomorrow! We will see if I move to the next round....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forest Laboratories (San Antonio, TX) in May 2009.

Interview

Phone interview, face to face interview, 2nd face to face interview with additional manager (during which you have to do a sales simulation), final interview with regional manager.

Overall, their products are very good, but the attitude they project is not. I didn't get an offer, but after the interview process I wouldn't have accepted it if I had.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forest Laboratories (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2012.

Interview

Very friendly managers and was asked many situational questions.