Forest Laboratories Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Dec 15, 2015

To filter interviews, or .
Found 34 of over 66 interviews

Employee Referral25%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Forest Laboratories

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forest Laboratories (Indianapolis, IN) in Jan 2015

Interview

Received a call for a phone interview within a week of applying. The interview was about 40 minutes long, and fairly easy. Met for an in-person interview at a hotel in Indy, which went well. I received a call a week later saying that they liked me, but had been put on a "hiring freeze" and they asked me to keep following up. Since they didn't like me enough to follow up with ME, I decided it was not the company for me.

Interview Questions
  • Very conversational - Gave me about a minute to prepare for a "mock" sales scenario
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Forest Laboratories (Houston, TX) in Oct 2014

Interview

I made it past the selection round and completed a lengthy exam. This was followed by a telephone interview, an interview with an account manager, an interview with two account managers, and a final interview with an account manager and a regional manager. Expect to make sales pitches, read scenarios, and get asked regular star questions. I did great up until my last interview. The regional manager was extremely rude, interrupted continuously, and made many snarky comments.

Interview Questions
  • What are you going to do when people shut doors in your face?

Forest Laboratories

Application

The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Forest Laboratories

Interview

Quick and easy. The hiring manager needed someone quick and we got along great. Mostly based on "gut" feelings. Not much negotiation room on salary or benefits if any. Was able to have the whole process completed in a week.

1 person found this interview helpful

Forest Laboratories

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forest Laboratories

Interview

It was a three step interview process. I met with the DM and instantly made a connection, had her laughing and moved on the next round which was with two DMs. They asked simple STAR questions. Final interview had some role playing which was easy. Advice - Be confident and relaxed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Forest Laboratories

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forest Laboratories

Interview

applied through a recruiter, Had a face-to-face interview 2 days later, then another interview a week later.

Interview Questions
  • This whole interview was full of unexpected questions. Almost all of my responses caused the interviewer to attack my answer with negative opinions on my personality. I have never experience a more unprofessional interview, I felt attacked and diminished. The only reason I decided to take the second interview was because I was sure the first interview was some sort of test to see how I handle difficult situations. I was wrong, the second interview was just as bad. I hear good things about Forest, maybe it was just that particular hiring manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Earth City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Forest Laboratories (Earth City, MO) in Apr 2014

Interview

I initially applied online. Received an email two days later asking me to complete an assessment. A week later received a phone screen by a DM. He stated if selected to move forward I would here from him before the end of the week. Received a call the next day asking to meet the next morning. Went to corporate office, met with him for about 30 minutes, thought it went well. Initiated a f/u call, no response. Never heard from the company again.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Forest Laboratories

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forest Laboratories in Apr 2014

Interview

After applying for the position I had to take an online personality type of test. About a week later an area manager called me and conducted a brief phone interview basically getting to know me and my experience. He then invited me to a face to face interview at a a hotel where I was interviewed by 2 managers.

Interview Questions
  • Why pharmaceutical sales? What is your greatest achievement? Basic STAR questions.

Forest Laboratories

Application

I interviewed at Forest Laboratories

Interview

Was contacted for over the phone interview. Invited to face to face after a couple of days had passed from the phone interview. Face to Face was a lot of behavioral based questions conducted at a local hotel. They also asked a lot of question about the type of person I was.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Earth City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Forest Laboratories (Earth City, MO) in Mar 2014

Interview

I have a friend that works for this company and said they are a great company to work for. I fully believe this, but they have had quite a crazy year. They got bought out by a company called actavis. I do have alot of respect for the company and believe they are based on some good values (collaborative, a desire to improve the quality of life, great customer service). I did not appreciate how the interview process was handled. They never sent out an email to confirm the time, date, and location. I thought this was very unprofessional, every other interview I have been contacted for has done this. There seemed to be some intimidation coming into play during the phone-interview and face-to-face interview. I feel like they expect a sales person to be an arrogant/bold personality and I suppose I didn't not fit their cookie cutter shape.

Interview Questions
  • First interview was just to get to know me, my experience, and personality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Forest Laboratories (Chicago, IL) in Mar 2014

Interview

I received a call from a local manager, we played phone tag for a few weeks, then he finally called me back and invited me for an in person interview, and we skipped the phone interview. The interview was in a hotel conference room, they told me about the company, position, asked me interview questions, then I did a role play, which consisted of selling a fake drug to a fake doctor. They're really just trying to see your sales style with this exercise.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 34 Interviews