Forest Lawn Memorial-Park Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 3, 2017

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Forest Lawn Memorial-Park Association (Cypress, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The best interview I have ever had! The advanced planning regional manager conducted the interview and I found him to be insightful, inspirational, personable, and ethical. He would be a great person to work for.

Interview Questions

• How would you connect with people to discuss the funeral planning process?   Answer Question

Floral Shop Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Forest Lawn Memorial-Park Association (Burbank, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

During my recent interview for Floral Shop Representative, I met with hiring manager and an associate. They asked about my former employment with Warner Bros. How long I was employed and my duties and responsibilities. They asked about my goals, and how I found out about the job opening. I did a multiple choice test and a typing test. Overall it was a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked the reason I left my former employer.   1 Answer
    • They asked what I did since being unemployed to this date.   1 Answer

Client Representative Interview

Interview

I had applied online and was quickly contacted by phone within about 10 days after that for an interview. I waited in the reception and was greeted by my interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions, an overview of my CV and my experience in detail. Interviewer was very friendly and professional, made me feel calm and at home.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Forest Lawn Memorial-Park Association.

Interview

Management uses scare tactics to let you know how hard some jobs will be, and rightfully so, but for the most part if you have a strong customer service background and empathy you will succeed in this position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, if they like you OR they absolutely need to fill a position they will hire you.

Senior Client Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Forest Lawn Memorial-Park Association (Glendale, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

She was very professional and allowed me plenty of time to explain my work history and strengths. She seemed relaxed and had a caring tone so as to not intimidate me. She gave a thorough explanation of what would be involved in the position and answered any questions I had.

Interview Questions

• Why I haven't worked for the past 3 years.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Forest Lawn Memorial-Park Association (Industry, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Brief call and then went to the office for an interview. Interviewer talked my ear off about how sales representatives should "believe in the product" and how experience doesn't matter as much as initiative.

This job is 100% commission with NO steady paycheck. It relies on the pure sales of the high performers to make up for the folks who aren't the sole income to support themselves or their families. Interviewer said she "doesn't believe in selling the position," which turned me off since it didn't help distinguish the organization at all. Also unless you became a sales manager, seems like a dead-end position. Not even a stepping stone.

If you have the guts for a 100%-commission job in an industry that's only more expensive because fewer people are doing full-service funerals in contrast to cremations, as well as no qualms with the product, then this is the sales role for you! This company is a non-profit, but sells its products and services at a premium to support things such as "incentive trips."