Foresters Financial Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Foresters Financial Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Edison, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Worst interview and job you can get as a graduate ever. They think that they are the best company ever. I had two interviews one by phone and the other one in person.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Foresters Financial

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

Group interview with about 8 other people. The manager went through about a 2hr power point explaining the company and what they stand for. Towards the end your finally told about the position which is to grow a book of clients and attend/host events to get those clients. Following the group interview, there were quick individual interviews with the manager. My group was only going to have 2 people asked back for a follow up interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Omaha, NE).

Interview

First interview was with others. There was a general presentation about the company and position before breaking off into a very brief 1 on 1 session with another member of management.

Otherwise, a very quick process. The second interview was 2 days later. Offer came maybe another business day after that.

My advice is to be careful. The whole field requires you to take tremendous risk and to use friends and family to build your network. I wasn't comfortable with that. The earning potential seems good, but a salaried, guaranteed position seems better to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Before the interview there was a presentation led by the VP of the NY office. The presentation was an overview of the company and lasted for 45 minutes. Interview was very easy. Asked a few basic questions, the interviewer seemed very distant and uninterested in the interview. Total time of the interview was roughly 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why Foresters?
      What challenges do you think you would face in the training program?
      Tell me about yourself/Walk through your resume.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Woodbridge, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Very easy interview. Mostly simple questions, no specifics. They present you scenario, and ask what would you do.
    Face to face with Hiring Manager who made a load of claims about the innovative approach, focus on direct sourcing, etc which just weren't true.......but I only discovered this just after I joined at the height of the recession, so no chance to leave !!!!! As a company, they have not moved on - their graduate selection process is archaic........they used the same tools as when I applied for grad schemes almost 20 years ago and no use of technology to make the candidate experience better.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. How would you find your clients.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Foresters Financial.

Interview

You are first brought to headquarters and shown a Powerpoint presentation where staff introduces you to the company, the values, and what is expected of you in this position, before you are led to an interview with a manager in an office. The interview was relaxed, with standard interview questions. You have a chance at the end to bring up personal qualities that may not necessarily be reflected in the resume.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Endicott, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Endicott, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through my college. Was emailed to go in for an open house/ first round of interviews. Set in a room with about 10-12 other candidates and presented a powerpoint on the company. It is a three round interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Miami, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

Short ten minute interview, focused mostly on talking about myself. I was not called back for a 2nd interview. I showed up 15 minutes late as I didn't even apply for the position yet I got called for an interview.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked, just looked at to talk about myself.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Foresters Financial in January 2014.

Interview

In order for the word to be out, it must really let you know about the process. Then it will be ready to be going and it will be good. However, you will be good. It is not difficult.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Foresters Financial.

Interview

First Investors has a large presence on college campuses. They have changed some of their salary policies and now offer a base salary and pay for their employees to get their S7. Doesn't seem like a bad deal I am still considering this company.