Foresters Financial Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 9, 2017

2.3

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Foresters Financial.

Interview

They set up your appointment time and it's a cattle call interview. There were 5 other people there and they go through a scripted hour long presentation where they talk up their company. After the presentation they interview you one on one. It's basically a sales position where you sell life insurance, not a financial position. You don't even need a background in finance or accounting. Overall not what it is made out to be, you don't give financial advice despite being called an "advisor".

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Foresters Financial

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (San Antonio, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Pretty general interview process that consisted of a phone screening and then two rounds of in-person interviews. The in-person interviews were a combination of group and individual questioning in which the applicant meets with the Branch manager and about 6 other candidates and then a different manager for individual questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you help your target demographic in San Antonio?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Arcadia, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

1st Interview is roughly an hour introduction to the company with some follow up questions. In the introduction the Regional VP pitched the company and the position of Financial Advisor. There are some written responses to questions. to answer while you wait. This was just the initial interview. I did not continue the interview process after the first interview because the position was not a good fit for me. There would be three interviews total.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Edison, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Worst interview and job you can get as a graduate ever. They think that they are the best company ever. I had two interviews one by phone and the other one in person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Edison, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through my college, got an email soon after to set up an onsite visit/interview. Went to the site and interviewed, very generic questions on why you'd be a good fit, know your resume. Then my interviewer told me he'd like to set up an interview with senior manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Atlanta, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

Group interview with about 8 other people. The manager went through about a 2hr power point explaining the company and what they stand for. Towards the end your finally told about the position which is to grow a book of clients and attend/host events to get those clients. Following the group interview, there were quick individual interviews with the manager. My group was only going to have 2 people asked back for a follow up interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Omaha, NE).

Interview

First interview was with others. There was a general presentation about the company and position before breaking off into a very brief 1 on 1 session with another member of management.

Otherwise, a very quick process. The second interview was 2 days later. Offer came maybe another business day after that.

My advice is to be careful. The whole field requires you to take tremendous risk and to use friends and family to build your network. I wasn't comfortable with that. The earning potential seems good, but a salaried, guaranteed position seems better to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Before the interview there was a presentation led by the VP of the NY office. The presentation was an overview of the company and lasted for 45 minutes. Interview was very easy. Asked a few basic questions, the interviewer seemed very distant and uninterested in the interview. Total time of the interview was roughly 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why Foresters?
      What challenges do you think you would face in the training program?
      Tell me about yourself/Walk through your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Woodbridge, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Very easy interview. Mostly simple questions, no specifics. They present you scenario, and ask what would you do.
    Face to face with Hiring Manager who made a load of claims about the innovative approach, focus on direct sourcing, etc which just weren't true.......but I only discovered this just after I joined at the height of the recession, so no chance to leave !!!!! As a company, they have not moved on - their graduate selection process is archaic........they used the same tools as when I applied for grad schemes almost 20 years ago and no use of technology to make the candidate experience better.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. How would you find your clients.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Foresters Financial.

Interview

You are first brought to headquarters and shown a Powerpoint presentation where staff introduces you to the company, the values, and what is expected of you in this position, before you are led to an interview with a manager in an office. The interview was relaxed, with standard interview questions. You have a chance at the end to bring up personal qualities that may not necessarily be reflected in the resume.