Foresters Financial Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Foresters Financial Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canonsburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Canonsburg, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

This was easily the most ridiculous interview process I've ever experienced. I had three confirmation emails of my interview with the VP at 10 am. I never even saw that person. I took the morning off from my current job to go to this interview, which was 45 mins away, and I was thrown into a room of eight other candidates (I'm assuming) for what was nauseatingly reminiscent of a timeshare pitch I once accidentally fell into. It was even cuter when the presenter spoke to the room in an indescribably condescending manner (example: while describing the categories of the company's client base, she asked, after every category - retirees, families, self-employed, etc - if we knew anyone who fit that description. There were 12 categories. It was painful. 10/10 would NOT EVER recommend, not even to someone whose dream it was to become a financial advisor. Go somewhere else, buddy.

Other Interview Reviews for Foresters Financial

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Foresters Financial.

Interview

When I was going through the interview process everyone was very positive and responsive. I was pleasantly surprised by how smoothly the process went. However, once I was offered he job I told the recruiter I needed time to think and they were very negative about that and stopped responding to my questions and inquiries. They showed me that their recruiters are very fake and do not genuinely care which was one of their main selling points. I did not want to be just a statistic in their organization so I decided to hold out for a genuine offer. Proceed with caution and stay on your guard if you decide to pursue a job with Foresters

Interview Questions

• What is something about you that is not listed on your resume   Answer Question

They were very rude and unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

You sit in a room with about 5 other candidates. The manager then comes in to describe the company and position in great detail. Then after that each candidate will have their own interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Tampa, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

The first part of the process was walking in and doing a group interview sort of thing. Where we learned about the company background and what they were looking for. Than we met for a couple questions face-to-face. Not much time to individually get to know each applicant. Not too impressed with this process as an "interview."

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you're the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Edina, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

Just did the first interview, basically was an hour long presentation about why they are awesome and successful. Then was asked about 5 typical interview questions. It was informative, but left me unsure as to what the position all entailed. Seemed like they were trying really hard to make it sound better than it is.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foresters Financial.

Interview

The first interview was about two hours. It was divided into two parts. The first, was a group setting with about six of us. Everyone looked young, either straight out of college or about to finish. We were told a bit about the company. Then we had individual interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Silver Spring, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

Started with a group discussion of company culture and goals, then broke off into 1:1 interviews with VP. Not a lot of information about the company given , and it seems as though they are hiding something from the applicants.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called in for an interview after applying through my university career services. There was a group meeting with a few other interviewees, where they presented on the background of the company and then a one on one interview afterwards. Overall, they were very nice and it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did I chose to go to the University I currently attend   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Denver, CO).

Interview

Sent my resume, the next day got called to schedule an in-person interview. The interview was mainly informative and there were 3 other people with me. Got a long spiel (2 hrs) about how great it is to work for Foresters, how its actually awesome to work on 100% commission, etc. Then had a short face to face interview and was asked to return for another. Came back the next day, and they had ANOTHER 2 hr long group presentation. By the time I was called in for my face to face interview, I simply thanked them and told them that it wasn't a good fit. The leader of the interview was a good saleswoman, and she was clearly trying to sell us this job, glamorizing it and not going over any issues an employee might have in the 4 hrs she talked to us about it, so I was sketched out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through craiglist. It took me about two days to get an email back. I am waiting for the first review on September 20, 2016. I'll write a review after my first interview.