Foresters Financial Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.1

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Addison, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process was fairly quick and straight forward. I got a completely different impression about the position upon the interview. Recent graduates, be careful taking a position like this.

Interview Questions

• Were you interested in investments prior to applying to this position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Foresters Financial

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Went in for 2 separate interviews a week apart, which I had to drive 3 hours to get to and 3 hours back. Each interview lasted about 45 minutes. The manager "soft" offered me the job, which I accepted, but had to take an assessment which I took more than willingly. Then for 2 weeks failed to contact me after multiple emails from me about whether the offer still stood or not. During this time, I declined 3 different interview opportunities because I thought I already had a job. The manager did not contact me until the day before my supposed start date to tell me that I was "no longer wished to continue my candidacy". Overall, it is a mismanaged organization that does not care about its candidates

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself fitting in with this organization?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Woburn, MA).

Interview

Avoid this place. Started off with a group interview where a sleazy sales person tried to convince us why the company is so great and why we should be selling to our close friends and family members. Only take this offer if you want to ruin relationships with close acquaintances by selling horrible product. Did not bother showing up for second round of interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Lombard, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by one person. All he did was recite a mediocre presentation, asked a few questions, showed me a video then asked a few more questions. You have to go to people's homes, which IS NOT SAFE AT ALL THESE DAYS. That was not included in the job description.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canonsburg, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Canonsburg, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

This was easily the most ridiculous interview process I've ever experienced. I had three confirmation emails of my interview with the VP at 10 am. I never even saw that person. I took the morning off from my current job to go to this interview, which was 45 mins away, and I was thrown into a room of eight other candidates (I'm assuming) for what was nauseatingly reminiscent of a timeshare pitch I once accidentally fell into. It was even cuter when the presenter spoke to the room in an indescribably condescending manner (example: while describing the categories of the company's client base, she asked, after every category - retirees, families, self-employed, etc - if we knew anyone who fit that description. There were 12 categories. It was painful. 10/10 would NOT EVER recommend, not even to someone whose dream it was to become a financial advisor. Go somewhere else, buddy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with them at a career fair, and dropped off my resume. I promptly forgot about them. About a month later they called me and set up an interview. I arrived and was greeted with an hour-long presentation with a dozen other prospective employees in a room. After that there was a 2 minute interview that was pretty literally "Do you still want this job or not?"

If you want this job and you have a 4 year degree in a vaguely relevant field, it is yours.

You will pretty much have to sell to friends and family to get started. The training program is very good though. Overall, a lot of work with very little pay at first. They seemed friendly and supportive though.

Pro: Easy interview, set your own schedule, great training program.
    Cons: Sell to friends and family to get started, long hours to be successful at first. Pay after the training program is 100% commission.

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Cleveland, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job online, and provided a resume. I was then contacted by a Recruiter who scheduled a short telephone interview and then I was invited to a panel/group interview for an overview of the company

Interview Questions

• Give background on yourself   1 Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Foresters Financial.

Interview

When I was going through the interview process everyone was very positive and responsive. I was pleasantly surprised by how smoothly the process went. However, once I was offered he job I told the recruiter I needed time to think and they were very negative about that and stopped responding to my questions and inquiries. They showed me that their recruiters are very fake and do not genuinely care which was one of their main selling points. I did not want to be just a statistic in their organization so I decided to hold out for a genuine offer. Proceed with caution and stay on your guard if you decide to pursue a job with Foresters

Interview Questions

• What is something about you that is not listed on your resume   Answer Question

They were very rude and unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

You sit in a room with about 5 other candidates. The manager then comes in to describe the company and position in great detail. Then after that each candidate will have their own interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Tampa, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

The first part of the process was walking in and doing a group interview sort of thing. Where we learned about the company background and what they were looking for. Than we met for a couple questions face-to-face. Not much time to individually get to know each applicant. Not too impressed with this process as an "interview."

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you're the best candidate for this position?   Answer Question