Foresters Financial Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 10, 2017

2.1

65 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Foresters Financial.

Interview

It is divided into parts. The first part is a group interview and then they schedule you for private interviews. The position is very commission based but they are very understanding if you are not comfortable with that so they are happy to accommodate and assist, if they can.

Interview Questions

• There was no certain question that was asked but, in the group interview, the interviewer asks a lot of theoretical and factual questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Foresters Financial

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foresters Financial.

Interview

Two in-person interviews with two parts. First part with a group, second part individually. The group part is just an extensive overview of why the company is so great and how great it is to work there. The individual part starts with them asking if you're still interested. From there, they ask the usual questions so they get to know you better.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (San Jose, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Introduction about the interview opportunity and its schedule, about their company, about their practices and about future plans. Then a 2 minute interview about my schedule, my interests and my future plans

Interview Questions

• Is you schedule flexible to attend the program?   1 Answer
    • Why do want this opportunity?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2017.

Interview

First, phone call from the recruiter and then sat in a group setting to hear about the company and then did one on ones with manager. The group setting was very informative about the training and what the company had to offer.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Saint Petersburg, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

Invited to a group interview after talking to a recruiter at a careers fair. The interview itself was in fact more of a sales pitch about the company.

We were told about the charity work the company does, and were told that we had all displayed the sort of skills required to work in the industry. In truth, I think this was a little disingenuous and that in reality they will take on many recruits expecting most to fail after a few months. However, this is a reality for the life insurance market as a whole and not simply this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Easy interview process, nice people and environment but they truly want you as a salesman/woman and that is it. Asked to write all of your personal contacts on a paper and call them in hopes of somehow selling them on life insurance.

Interview Questions

• The questions were easy, just be good at selling yourself and why you are a good fit for the job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Addison, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process was fairly quick and straight forward. I got a completely different impression about the position upon the interview. Recent graduates, be careful taking a position like this.

Interview Questions

• Were you interested in investments prior to applying to this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Went in for 2 separate interviews a week apart, which I had to drive 3 hours to get to and 3 hours back. Each interview lasted about 45 minutes. The manager "soft" offered me the job, which I accepted, but had to take an assessment which I took more than willingly. Then for 2 weeks failed to contact me after multiple emails from me about whether the offer still stood or not. During this time, I declined 3 different interview opportunities because I thought I already had a job. The manager did not contact me until the day before my supposed start date to tell me that I was "no longer wished to continue my candidacy". Overall, it is a mismanaged organization that does not care about its candidates

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself fitting in with this organization?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

They make everyone watch a PowerPoint presentation in a conference room and then proceed to fill your head with hopes of great earning potential if you can sell life insurance to clients.

Interview Questions

• Do you think that you can sell life insurance to your friends and family?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woburn, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Woburn, MA).

Interview

Avoid this place. Started off with a group interview where a sleazy sales person tried to convince us why the company is so great and why we should be selling to our close friends and family members. Only take this offer if you want to ruin relationships with close acquaintances by selling horrible product. Did not bother showing up for second round of interviews.