Foresters Financial Financial Services Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Foresters Financial Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Foresters Financial

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Atlanta, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

They didn't ask a lot of questions from me. They spent a lot of time during the two day interviewing processes explaining their company and their goals. Don't need any prior knowledge of the industry going in, just need to be personal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

100% commission so not much negotiating

Other Interview Reviews for Foresters Financial

Financial Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foresters Financial.

Interview

You are called in for a group interview where it is a round table discussion of the company's background. Depending on what you have put on the application you are called in for a second interview where you sit one on one with either the manager of the office or a current rep. The questions were very general and easy to answer. The third interview basically means you got the job and at that point you are just filling out the necessary paperwork to get hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

phone interview + 3 in person interviews. never heard back.

Financial Service Representative Interview

Interview

The first round of interview consists an hour long presentation with a group of interviewees in an attempt to sell the company. Then the group splits into individual interviews. Typical behavioral questions such as what motivates you? What are your strengths and weaknesses. If you make it to the second round, the same exact process is repeated. Again with another presentation, this time more effort in selling compensation. Group separate in to one-on-ones. Decisions made almost right after the second round finishes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Libertyville, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Libertyville, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

I initially spoke to a First Investors recruiter at my university's career fair and was invited to an info session at the end of the week. I arrived to the info session 15 minutes early and sat through a 90 minute presentation with about 10 other students. After the presentation we were all given one on one interviews which consisted of very simple questions. At the end I was invited to a second interview the next day, which I agreed to attend. That night I did my research however, and called back, letting them know I was not going to be interviewing with them.

Interview Questions

I don't want to be involved in a company that burns their new recruits rather then actually helping them establish themselves professionally.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2011.

Interview

I was called by the HR representative and was told that they had found my resume on Monster.com and would like to interview me for the Financial Services Representative position. I agreed and did show up to the interview. I read on glassdoor.com about the interview process, so I knew what to expect before I arrived. It went very similarly to the previous accounts that I had read. I arrived and was part of a group of individuals who were shown a presentation by a Financial Services Rep at the managerial level. The presentation was very nicely put together and covered the products and services offered by the company as well as the clients which they look to reach out to among other things. After the group presentation was over, individuals were taken one-by-one to interview with different members of the staff. The one-on-one interview was very casual and was not intimidating. The staff was very kind.

Interview Questions

• I see you have a bachelor's degree in _____. What brought you to become interested in interviewing with us today?   Answer Question

I declined to do any further interviewing primarily because the position was far from my range of familiarity. I graduated with a degree in a completely different field and felt that I would be starting from scratch in such a position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (San Jose, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Very dull office. Very boring and not exciting at all. Had a group interview at my college that took 3 hours and seemed completely pointless. Got call back for another group interview in San Jose and they tried so hard to make everyone interested as possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Beaverton, OR) in August 2011.

Interview

I went in expecting the need to sell myself to the company. Instead, they gave me a presentation selling themselves to me. Alarms began sounding in my mind. They gave a lot raw numbers about people within the company doing great; but having taken statistics, I knew raw numbers were worthless without an estimate of their population size. So, it wasn't reassuring at all, and made me feel more like I'm being set up for a fall.

The 1-on-1 interview really was more like a Q&A to see if you had the determination to pursue the career, and to sniff out if integrity was a premier value.

Interview Questions

• What are a few values you believe are necessary to this kind of career?   1 Answer

I haven't quite declined yet, but it highly probable I will decline. After reading the reviews here, and from what information the presentation did give on salary, it sounds like I could go months in this job and not get paid. Sorry, I have bills and need a reliable income.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a school career fair. Was called within a couple days. Went into office with about ten other candidates for the position. The supervisor explained background and benefits of working for the company along with career paths and corporate structure. Each candidate was asked to introduce themselves and say something they liked about the opportunity with the company. Then each candidate was called by one of three supervisors into a 1:1 interview. Very brief two or three typical interview questions ie; tell me a little bit about yourself, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc. At the end the supervisor told me I had passed the first round of interviews and was asked to come back for a second session. Was also given three questions to take home and answer on paper for the following session. The take home questions were also very basic: what was your greatest accomplishment, how do you measure success, and what is an example of your limitations and how did you overcome that limitation. Second day was almost exactly like the first day except the 1:1 interview was longer with a review of your written answers to the take home questions. They asked who was the most influential person in your life and then asked if they could call that person and ask about you. All in all the people who worked in the office were very nice and outgoing. Which you would have to be to do well in a 100% commission job. It seemed to be a good place to work and mostly for younger business professionals.

Interview Questions

• How do you measure success?   1 Answer

No salary, no benefits, they wanted you to pay for your licensing (they reimburse you after $2,500 in commisions).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Walnut Creek, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

The whole interview process lasted an hour and a half, however, most of it consisted of a PowerPoint presentation by the manager about the company. As I had read on glassdoor.com, it truly seemed that the manager was more like selling the job to me. Everything he said sounded great- how the company has been growing even in the midst of the recession, the rising value of its stock, etc. However, if I had not done my research prior to the interview, I think I would have been suckered in. The actual interview was only 10 minutes, and the interviewer pretty much told me I was guaranteed a second interview. It felt like a scam.

Interview Questions

I did not like the fact that the job was commission based, and you would have to create your own client base. It lacked the stability that I am looking for.