Foresters Financial Financial Services Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Foresters Financial Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

First meeting is an informational interview where there are several other candidates. The meeting is more of an orientation then broken into individual interviews. There you might be asked to come back for a second interview where it is a follow-up introduction to the company and another interview with a different manager.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that would allow you to be successful in this field?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Foresters Financial

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foresters Financial.

Interview

Found the company at a job fair. Interview was a group interview with the branch manager, who sold us on the idea of selling. Afterwards, they asked us individually if we wanted to continue. If yes, you were invited back for a second interview. After a background check, you were hired.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foresters Financial.

Interview

Preliminary phone screening then in-person interview at Walnut Creek branch. It started off with a presentation about the company. It was set up group interview style with the branch manager asking questions occasionally throughout the presentation. Was given a few questions to answer before breaking into one-on-one interviews at the end. During the individual interview, was asked to return the next morning for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What network do you have that you can reach out to provide your services?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Foresters Financial in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and same day contacted for in person interview. The regional recruiter will send you four forms that is to be completed prior before the interview.
    The interview is basically an hour long presentation and later call each individual for a 10 min interview.

Interview Questions

• Are your family members and friends insured?
      Will they pick your sales call ?
      Answer Question

From what i sense from the presentation and interview questions is that you have to sell the life insurance to your social circle, for me this is a red flag. Also, the pay structure is not good.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

First, I submitted my application through the regional recruiter and was later notified that I was selected for a two part interview. First part was pretty informative, they sat us down for a detailed description of the company, its history and functions. Second part of interview was more about the position, salary and the kind of work we would be doing. Both start off as group interviews, and end with a one-on-one interview.

There was no negotiation for the salary since it is a 9 month training with base and then (hopefully) at the end of the 9 months, you'll have already established a clientele where the commission will equate to the base you were making.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time where you had to convince someone to do something?   Answer Question
    • Would you be willing to drive over 50 miles?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Start in an informational panel(~2hrs), with prospects being taken off into 1 on 1 interviews that last about 20 minutes. They ask general questions about your background and the path that took you to this point in your life, as well as why you think you are a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• why do you think you are a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The interview was long, over one hour in a group interview and then a one on one interview with one of the managers. Although long it isn't too bad because they do give you a lot of information and make you really excited about working for their company. However, everything they tell you is for their employees, make sure you are being hired as an employee and not an independent contractor.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foresters Financial in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was offered an interview quickly afterwards. Interviewees started out in a group where we were given a brief presentation about the company and what the job would involve. The interview was easy and people seemed nice, but they wanted people to work as independent contractors selling to their own personal networks (family, friends, etc) and I didn't feel comfortable taking the job.

Interview Questions

• Asked if we would be comfortable selling to family and friends.   Answer Question

Was not comfortable with what the job involved, ie selling to family and friends, working as an independent contractor on commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Richmond, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

First Round: Informational interview about the company in a group setting followed by an individual interview. If offered a second round, they will present you with a "homework assignment" to complete by the next stage.

Second Round: Informational interview specifically about the position, possible career paths, and compensation followed by another individual interview.

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (New Haven, CT) in June 2016.

Interview

First Interview: starts off in conference room with other interviewers who were also called- 45 min
    Followed by one-on-one interview with one of the managers- 15 min

Second Interview: Another more in depth presentation about being a trainee- 45min-1hr
    Followed by one-on-one interview with Branch Manager- 15 min

Over all, you have to show them that you're genuinely willing to work hard to be successful in the business. It is important to be likeable and personable to show that it will be esay for you to work in a team environment.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in the financial services industry?   Answer Question