Foresters Financial Apprenticeship/Intern Position Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Foresters Financial Apprenticeship/Intern Position Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Apprenticeship/Intern Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Pasadena, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

I was brought into a conference room with about 5-6 other candidates for the position. The assistant director for the office gave this really long speech about the company, its stability, how they give back to the community, how they like helping people and assisting them achieve their financial goals, prepare them for retirement, etc. Then we were taken into another office for one-on-one interviews. I noticed that while I was talking to the interviewer, he didn't really take notes on anything I had to say. I don't think they really care for your skills, or for examples that demonstrate how well you work. They just want manpower and people that are social and may have a big potential client network. All of the interview questions were relatively vague and general. It's basically a glorified sales position, but they don't want to tell you that. They really sell it as a career where you can "help people" with their money. They seem to look for college kids that don't know any better and can be looped into working for their organization.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for First Investors?   Answer Question
  • What qualities or skills do you have that make you different from other candidates?   Answer Question

I felt that the company was really sketchy, and I didn't like the reviews that I was reading on other websites. It's a purely commission-based position; I didn't want to have to work in that kind of business environment.