Foresters Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Foresters Financial Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lombard, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Lombard, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by one person. All he did was recite a mediocre presentation, asked a few questions, showed me a video then asked a few more questions. You have to go to people's homes, which IS NOT SAFE AT ALL THESE DAYS. That was not included in the job description.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Beaverton, OR) in December 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the person interviewing and hiring for the position. She was very precise, professional and kind. I had my initial interview with 3 women, I started in a room to test my skills with excel, then sat down with the women to discuss my resume and the position. Two days later I had an phone interview with a gentleman in Florida. Following that, I was preliminarily offered the position as long as I passed my background test/fingerprinting with legal. Once I did, I was hired on and started two weeks later. Very professional process. Great outlook.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Beaverton, OR) in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed a total of four times for the position. My first through third were done with the Senior Regional Recruiter in addition to the Regional Recruiters. My third included the entire local recruiting team. The position was offered to another candidate but the Midwest Recruiter put in her notice a few days later. I had a final phone interview with the East Complex Recruiting lead and then was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• Though there were a questions about my experience, the questions were primarily about how I would respond to different scenarios and different questions that would be more indicative of personality traits. Applicants also take an Excel quiz to be sure that they are able to keep up/ are on the same level as the rest of the recruiting team. Microsoft Office proficiency is a must for the position.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Foresters Financial.

Interview

I applied through my university's career services website and received a phone call from the regional recruiter the next day. He asked some basic questions about your background and then asked me to come to the office to meet the manager the next day. About 10 other applicants were there. We were asked to introduce ourselves (be ready to have a good answer) and we were given a power point presentation about the company and their philanthropy (pretty cool).

After the presentation we were pulled out one at a time for a 1-on-1 interview. I was asked basic questions like what are your strengths/weaknesses. Why do you want to be a financial advisor? What do you want to work here? I was then asked to come back the next day for another interview. I was given a worksheet to fill out with 4 questions and was told to bring a business plan.

The next day I arrive and there were 5 of us. Here, we were given the break down of their trainee program and compensation. It comes out to about 2k per mo. for the 9 months and after week 6 you can make a little commission on top. After the 9 mo. you are considered a contractor and 100% commission. That's rare compared to the other places I have interviewed with exception to EJ. You are asked to take care of the exam fee but you're reimbursed. Halfway through we were asked to tell them something that wasn't on our resume and background.

After that we watched their company video (same one glassdoor has posted on their info page btw) and taken back out on a 1-on-1. Here I turned in the questions they gave me and business plan. Asked what time I worked as a team where there was a problem and I solved it. Time I worked on the phone with a customer and achieved the goal. What is your long term career goal. Why do you think you're a good fit. If offered the job what would you say. After the interview I was told they'd call me the next day with their decision!

Interview Questions

• What are your long term goals besides making lots of money?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Houston, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

First we watched a video, then we did an initial interview and essay responses. Then I came back for an interview with the team. There was a shadowing phase and a personality test to see if I was a good fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle rejection?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Registered Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Two interviews with the second involving the creation of a detailed marketing plan and evaluation of personal network. Each potential hiring group is brought in for a presentation regarding Foresters and its presence in the financial services industry.

Interview Questions

• Are you aware of the work hours required to be successful?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Rochester, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Group interview of 6-8 people. There were two sessions that took place for the spring intern positions. Of the 12-16 people who interviewed, there were 4 of us chosen. There was a week or two between the interviews and the call to ask if I was interested in the position.

Interview Questions

• What are your experiences with the industry and what do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Philadelphia, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

After arriving at their location, several candidates were sat inside the conference room. It seemed as though we were waiting for the interviewer to call one of us in, however it became apparent that we would be interviewed in a group setting. This was an interesting process and allowed me to tap into my competitive nature, which turned out to work in my favor.

Interview Questions

• Why are you here? What do you know about Foresters? What about Foresters Financial? Who knows they want to be a CFP when they graduate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Addison, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process was fairly quick and straight forward. I got a completely different impression about the position upon the interview. Recent graduates, be careful taking a position like this.

Interview Questions

• Were you interested in investments prior to applying to this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Went in for 2 separate interviews a week apart, which I had to drive 3 hours to get to and 3 hours back. Each interview lasted about 45 minutes. The manager "soft" offered me the job, which I accepted, but had to take an assessment which I took more than willingly. Then for 2 weeks failed to contact me after multiple emails from me about whether the offer still stood or not. During this time, I declined 3 different interview opportunities because I thought I already had a job. The manager did not contact me until the day before my supposed start date to tell me that I was "no longer wished to continue my candidacy". Overall, it is a mismanaged organization that does not care about its candidates

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself fitting in with this organization?   Answer Question