Foresters Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Foresters Financial Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.1

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

Applied to the position through simplyhired.com. received a call which was your standard 30 min "walk me through your resume." Went into the office for the face-to-face interview which consisted of receiving a group presentation followed by the one-on-on interview with an advisor. Very behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic. Really just asked "Why financial advising?"   Answer Question

Other candidates would really appreciate relevant details that affected your decision.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foresters Financial.

Interview

You are called in for a group interview where it is a round table discussion of the company's background. Depending on what you have put on the application you are called in for a second interview where you sit one on one with either the manager of the office or a current rep. The questions were very general and easy to answer. The third interview basically means you got the job and at that point you are just filling out the necessary paperwork to get hired.

Interview Questions

Interview

Submit application online, received phone call to set up phone interview, had phone interview, Scheduled and had two in person interviews with office manager about a week apart. All of this occured over about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is your current business plan? The manager wanted to know my marketing/prospecting plan. It also helps to know this question for practical purposes as this is what you will be doing for 80% of the first year, unless you already have a book of business.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Foresters Financial.

Interview

First Investors has a large presence on college campuses. They have changed some of their salary policies and now offer a base salary and pay for their employees to get their S7. Doesn't seem like a bad deal I am still considering this company.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

It is a three step interview process with plenty of time in between interviews. Not many tough questions more personalty based. They want to make sure you are competitive and dedicated because the position is a grind.

Interview Questions

• You need to give them three references that are non work related   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

First you get a phone screening, should be pretty easy if you have a pulse. Next goes to a group interview where they try to sell you the company as much as possible. Both group and individual interviews. Last interview you have the job.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions, nothing that wasn't expected.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

Nice group overview the first day. Explain the rough blue print pretty well. As is industry standard, be prepared to be offered a position that is eventually 100% commission with a paid training period. I believe they didn't always have paid training, which is nice.

Interview Questions

• Understand your basic/traditional interview skills....both verbal and non-verbal.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Foresters Financial.

Interview

You meet with a manager with 10 other potential employees. You watch a First Investors video they show to their clients. From there the manager asks a series of questions and goes around the room. From there you go to individual interviews with both the manager and assistant manager. after you leave, you wait for a call back for a final interview.

Interview Questions

• Very simple questions, they ask you how you think you can start your business and what group of people you plan on targeting. -- just say you have a lot of friends and family who you believe would benefit from the product they sell- Life insurance, Investments!   Answer Question

Negotiation

The manager showed me how I was going to be compensated and what the quota looked like.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter about 3 weeks after initial submission of online application. An interview was scheduled followed by a second interview with the department manager. Interview was extremely informative. Overall process from initial application to offer was about 6 weeks. Overall impression is that both the position and company itself has a lot of growth potential.

Interview Questions

• If you could take this position and design it to your liking, how would the job description read?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Foresters Financial.

Interview

A very informative first meeting. Shares a great deal of company information and position details.