Foresters Financial Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Foresters Financial Financial Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Independence, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

They call you, get you excited, schedule you for an interview, and then you find out that the interview is more like a sales presentation. The "hiring manager" was, like, 19 years old. He sits you down with 20 other people in a room and shows you a BS video about financial freedom. It is basically propaganda about the company. It makes it look all so wonderful. Once everyone is excited, you meet one on one for two minutes with this "manager" and he basically asks if you are still interested, at which point you get scheduled for another interview. This, after briefly learning that the pay structure is basically all commission based on cold calling from a phone book. What is this, 1988? Run away from this "opportunity."

Interview Questions

• Are you still interested?
      How does working for free sound?
      1 Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foresters Financial in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was offered an interview quickly afterwards. Interviewees started out in a group where we were given a brief presentation about the company and what the job would involve. The interview was easy and people seemed nice, but they wanted people to work as independent contractors selling to their own personal networks (family, friends, etc) and I didn't feel comfortable taking the job.

Interview Questions

• Asked if we would be comfortable selling to family and friends.   Answer Question

Was not comfortable with what the job involved, ie selling to family and friends, working as an independent contractor on commission.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Foresters Financial in June 2016.

Interview

Interview with the branch vice president. About one hour group interview with others introducing the company and building an American dream about sales compensation and the potential vice president assistant position. Then one by one interviews. Focus on sales.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foresters Financial.

Interview

I interned with them for about 10 weeks. I asked one of the managers if there were any interviews offered to interns, and then sent in my resume to HR. I was then scheduled for an interview.

Interview Questions

• There are some aspects of sales and marketing involved in this position. What is an experience you have had in the past that showcases your skills in marketing and sales.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Richmond, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

First Round: Informational interview about the company in a group setting followed by an individual interview. If offered a second round, they will present you with a "homework assignment" to complete by the next stage.

Second Round: Informational interview specifically about the position, possible career paths, and compensation followed by another individual interview.

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (New Haven, CT) in June 2016.

Interview

First Interview: starts off in conference room with other interviewers who were also called- 45 min
    Followed by one-on-one interview with one of the managers- 15 min

Second Interview: Another more in depth presentation about being a trainee- 45min-1hr
    Followed by one-on-one interview with Branch Manager- 15 min

Over all, you have to show them that you're genuinely willing to work hard to be successful in the business. It is important to be likeable and personable to show that it will be esay for you to work in a team environment.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in the financial services industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Beaverton, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of repetitive questions and group seminars that glorified their company. They wanted to tell you about all the benefits and how their process is superior rather than the actual process. Also wanted you to ask friends and family for business. The company feigned a happy mentality when it was very hierarchical.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever persuaded someone over the phone to buy your product?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a 3 day process, and you sat in a group the first day and individually called. They gave everyone the same time but it's on who come first basis that's how you would be called.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Foresters Financial.

Interview

Met the Foresters Financial recruiter at my school's (UCSB) Career Fair. Scheduled an in person interview for the next day. The interview last 30 mins and was pretty basic, getting to know someone questions.

During the in person interview, scheduled a phone interview with the office manager. This phone interview was quite lengthy, lasting around 2.5 hours, as the manager gave details about compensation, job description and office life. At the end of the interview, more specific questions about the financial advising role.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you excelled against all odds   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foresters Financial.

Interview

They brought me in for a group interview and the branch manager talked about the history of foresters. At the end of the group interview, the manager will talk to each interviewee very briefly. At the end of the chat, the branch manager will ask "Are you still interested in the job?". At this point, the manager will send you on your way and you will receive a call from the recruiter. The recruiter will tell you that the interview went well and will ask if your are still interested in the job. The recruiter will then schedule a second interview. In the second interview the manager will talk about what kind of employee they are looking for, and will ask you if you think you are a good fit for this role. He will then ask if your are interested in the job. If you say yes, he will give you an assignment (2 page paper that says why you want the job and 100 of your friend's and family's phone numbers).....To be completely honest, they will hire anybody who walks through their doors.

Interview Questions

• Are you still interested in the job?   1 Answer