Foresters Financial Financial Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 10, 2017

2.0

195 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Edina, MN) in November 2016.

Interview

Just did the first interview, basically was an hour long presentation about why they are awesome and successful. Then was asked about 5 typical interview questions. It was informative, but left me unsure as to what the position all entailed. Seemed like they were trying really hard to make it sound better than it is.

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foresters Financial.

Interview

The first interview was about two hours. It was divided into two parts. The first, was a group setting with about six of us. Everyone looked young, either straight out of college or about to finish. We were told a bit about the company. Then we had individual interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Silver Spring, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

Started with a group discussion of company culture and goals, then broke off into 1:1 interviews with VP. Not a lot of information about the company given , and it seems as though they are hiding something from the applicants.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called in for an interview after applying through my university career services. There was a group meeting with a few other interviewees, where they presented on the background of the company and then a one on one interview afterwards. Overall, they were very nice and it was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did I chose to go to the University I currently attend   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

First meeting is an informational interview where there are several other candidates. The meeting is more of an orientation then broken into individual interviews. There you might be asked to come back for a second interview where it is a follow-up introduction to the company and another interview with a different manager.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that would allow you to be successful in this field?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Denver, CO).

Interview

Sent my resume, the next day got called to schedule an in-person interview. The interview was mainly informative and there were 3 other people with me. Got a long spiel (2 hrs) about how great it is to work for Foresters, how its actually awesome to work on 100% commission, etc. Then had a short face to face interview and was asked to return for another. Came back the next day, and they had ANOTHER 2 hr long group presentation. By the time I was called in for my face to face interview, I simply thanked them and told them that it wasn't a good fit. The leader of the interview was a good saleswoman, and she was clearly trying to sell us this job, glamorizing it and not going over any issues an employee might have in the 4 hrs she talked to us about it, so I was sketched out.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foresters Financial.

Interview

Found the company at a job fair. Interview was a group interview with the branch manager, who sold us on the idea of selling. Afterwards, they asked us individually if we wanted to continue. If yes, you were invited back for a second interview. After a background check, you were hired.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foresters Financial.

Interview

Preliminary phone screening then in-person interview at Walnut Creek branch. It started off with a presentation about the company. It was set up group interview style with the branch manager asking questions occasionally throughout the presentation. Was given a few questions to answer before breaking into one-on-one interviews at the end. During the individual interview, was asked to return the next morning for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What network do you have that you can reach out to provide your services?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Foresters Financial in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and same day contacted for in person interview. The regional recruiter will send you four forms that is to be completed prior before the interview.
    The interview is basically an hour long presentation and later call each individual for a 10 min interview.

Interview Questions

• Are your family members and friends insured?
      Will they pick your sales call ?   Answer Question

From what i sense from the presentation and interview questions is that you have to sell the life insurance to your social circle, for me this is a red flag. Also, the pay structure is not good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through craiglist. It took me about two days to get an email back. I am waiting for the first review on September 20, 2016. I'll write a review after my first interview.