Foresters Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Denver, CO).

Interview

Very friendly environment and very nice people. You can tell as soon as you walk in that the culture is strong and that everybody gets along. The interview was not hard and the recruiter tries to set a friendly environment. They really just want to get to know you to see if you would be a good fit.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Foresters Financial.

Interview

Preliminary phone screening then in-person interview at Walnut Creek branch. It started off with a presentation about the company. It was set up group interview style with the branch manager asking questions occasionally throughout the presentation. Was given a few questions to answer before breaking into one-on-one interviews at the end. During the individual interview, was asked to return the next morning for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What network do you have that you can reach out to provide your services?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Foresters Financial in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and same day contacted for in person interview. The regional recruiter will send you four forms that is to be completed prior before the interview.
    The interview is basically an hour long presentation and later call each individual for a 10 min interview.

Interview Questions

• Are your family members and friends insured?
      Will they pick your sales call ?
      Answer Question

From what i sense from the presentation and interview questions is that you have to sell the life insurance to your social circle, for me this is a red flag. Also, the pay structure is not good.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through craiglist. It took me about two days to get an email back. I am waiting for the first review on September 20, 2016. I'll write a review after my first interview.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

First, I submitted my application through the regional recruiter and was later notified that I was selected for a two part interview. First part was pretty informative, they sat us down for a detailed description of the company, its history and functions. Second part of interview was more about the position, salary and the kind of work we would be doing. Both start off as group interviews, and end with a one-on-one interview.

There was no negotiation for the salary since it is a 9 month training with base and then (hopefully) at the end of the 9 months, you'll have already established a clientele where the commission will equate to the base you were making.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time where you had to convince someone to do something?   Answer Question
    • Would you be willing to drive over 50 miles?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Start in an informational panel(~2hrs), with prospects being taken off into 1 on 1 interviews that last about 20 minutes. They ask general questions about your background and the path that took you to this point in your life, as well as why you think you are a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• why do you think you are a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Foresters Financial.

Interview

Informational meeting with several other candidates followed by one on one interviews. Very typical interview questions asked. If selected for a second interview you have a one on one with one of the higher up financial consultants. Questions are a little more difficult but still very standard interview questions. They seemed to really like anyone who was very confident as that is important in sales.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What reservations do you have about this position?
      Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Foresters Financial.

Interview

Super long and meaningless. They have a group interview thats over an hour where the manager just does a slideshow about the company. Then a 10 min interview. The presentstion is absolutley pointless. Whats even worse is for round 2 the manager goes into a 2 HOUR presentation. Giant waste of time. I got the job and turned it down. The manager is just simply clueless.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The interview was long, over one hour in a group interview and then a one on one interview with one of the managers. Although long it isn't too bad because they do give you a lot of information and make you really excited about working for their company. However, everything they tell you is for their employees, make sure you are being hired as an employee and not an independent contractor.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Foresters Financial (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The recruiter called me a week before the actually interview and promised me a large base salary and commission. She said my resume was amazing and that I would be a perfect fit. She then sent me a email that said to meet either this Wednesday or next Wednesday. In the email there was a serious of questionnaires that test your personality and also a sudo-criminal background check. They gather 5-8 people in a conference room and they have to sell the job interviewee's into working for them. It turns out they want you to sell financial products to your family and friends which was a huge red flag for me.

Interview Questions

• Why do they want you to sell to family and friends?   1 Answer