Forever 21 Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Forever 21 Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 12, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Toms River, NJ).

Interview

Welcoming and professional. The interviewer was kind and communicated very well. Many questions asked in reference to prior retail experience. Did not take too much time, very enjoyable and fun.

Interview Questions

• If hired, are you looking into moving up in the company?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Forever 21

Anonymous Employee in Portage, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Portage, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

I found the position on Indeed and submitted my resume. Later that day the store manager called me to schedule an interview for the following Monday! The interview was one on one and very easy, we talked mostly about job experience and what I wanted out of the company. At the end of the interview she told me I was the last applicants she was interviewing for the position and that she would be calling 2 people for a second round of interviews with the district manager. Literally 2 hours after my interview with her she called me back for a second interview. I talked with the DM the following day about my work style and management style and where I saw myself in 2,5 and 10 years. The interview was over the phone as she was based across the state. She told me the ultimate discussion was up to the SM and that she would be in contact with whoever she picks by the end of the week. The next 2 days were just a waiting game and phsycing myself out. Today (Friday) I recta called for the store manager telling me I got the job if I wanted it! I went in for paperwork and will be starting work as the new assistant manager as soon as they come back. The whole interviewing process was 1 full week.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you had to lead a team and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I met with the store manager in the mall hallway. It was very informal. I negotiated my pay; they wanted to start me at $12/ hour. After my initial interview, I heard back in a few days and was offered the position at the pay rate requested.

Interview Questions

• Do you have prior management experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Mass Interview, Interviewed with a group very quick process one person after the next. They did not ask too many questions they really look at your resume and see how relatiable you are the company

Interview Questions

• How many employees have you managed?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

very easy. had the experience and they really wanted to get rid of the manager that was working there interview was more so of a get to know me and selling the job to me

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

Walked in asked for a manager and got an application. Got interviewed on the spot. They told me they would Start me off as a head cashier, I said it was okay . Got hired 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I took a lower position for higher pay then the position offers.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

Upon completing and online app, I got a call within two weeks from the store manager. She set up an interview with me in her mall. The interview in general went well and she was very pleasant but she did not have questions ready and was very unprofessional in the way she conducted it. For example, she asked how I would 'discipline' an underperformer. I told her the steps I would take but she cut me off and told me her first response would be to cut someone's hours, not mentioning anything about additional training. Our conversations went well but she asked mostly 'tell me a time' questions and constantly looked at her interview guide for help.

My next interview was with the district manager. The store manager did not tell me this interview was supposed to be over the phone so I drove 45 minutes to the store. Inside the store, the Co-Manager was the only manager on and was one of three people on cash register, which should never happen. This was on a Thursday. I waited for her to break away and come speak to me, and while she was nice as well she was completely oblivious to who I was or what I was doing there. She called the store manager at home and told me my interview would be over the phone and I should be expecting a call. I suspect that they forgot about my interview because the DM called me 15 minutes late from her headset as she was driving.

The DM was also very nice and asked me much more detailed questions and my interview was more like a conversation with her which I appreciated. She said her next step would be to discuss with the SM and she would email me, which she did later that night. After discussion about pay, she indicated I would be made an offer.

A week went by and I didn't hear anything so I emailed her again to follow up. She told me the SM reached out to me but I didn't answer (I had no missed calls or voicemails). She then told me someone else would reach out to me with an offer. Another week went by and still no one. I found another job.

Interview Questions

• How would you discipline an underperformer?   1 Answer

After the second time of reaching out to the DM she finally had someone from Human Resources call to make me an offer. I declined the offer. Even though my actual vocal conversations were congenial, I got the impression that the disorganization was not something I wanted to be a part of.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Memphis, TN) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was called by the Store Manager for a interview. A week later I interviewed with the District Manager and Visual Manager and was asked to submit for a background check. The following week I called to check the status of my background check and was told that it was pending by the Store Manager. The following week I called again and was told that the Store Manager no longer worked there and they decided to hire someone else. I'm not sure why a business would pay money for a background check and not hire the applicant my record is spotless and I have never been in trouble with the law. I'm also not sure why a Store Manager would begin interviews for a position knowing she would eventually leave. Her departure seems very sudden and unexpected either way I had a very good interview with the DM and took some valuable life lessons from our conversation.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Process was simple. I met with the Store and Co Manager in a brief Interview. most of which was me telling a little about myself and them explaining the position and dress code. The interview lasted about 10 minutes. Following I had a more detailed interview with the district Manager, followed by a short telephone interview and offer by the regional Manager.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions whatsoever. All questions were about past management experience.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forever 21 in August 2014.

Interview

There is a interview with the district manager and if you are considered you are called back for an interview with the store manager and district manager depending on the store. Some interviews are group interviews with different store managers to see if you are qualified for a new store opening.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

s