Forever 21 Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Forever 21 Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Forever 21

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Raleigh, NC) in July 2010.

Interview

My interview was very unprofessional the district manager talked badly about the current store manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Forever 21

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Elmhurst, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (East Elmhurst, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Filled out an application and waited on line for interview. There were four people interviewing, district manager, store manager and two other people that I did not meet. When it was my time to interview, I first sat down with the district manager. She saw on my application that I applied for the assistant manager position and told me to wait for the store manager to interview me. I waited 5 minutes and then had my interview with the store manger which took about 5-8 minutes. She explained the job, asked me a few questions, told me the salary, asked me if I had any questions and told me that if I received the position I would get a call back within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

I was offered a head cashier position, not the assistant manager position I applied for. I have a bachelor's degree and experience in retail.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Fairfax, VA) in December 2010.

Interview

I've actually been working for the company for about 6 years. I started off in a location that was not the best in management. I remember walking in and talking to one of the managers on duty. I was smiling, energetic, and charismatic. i was hired on the spot!

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with a bad customer experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I actually didn't negotiate at all. I thought it would be rude to do so. But i later heard of other employees negotiating and it turned out way better for them! It helps to let the manager know of any other customer service experience you may have. Or even courses you took in school... for example fashion marketing if you are applying for a Visual merchandising position. Or a communications course if you are applying for a managerial position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Cerritos, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

After getting tired of applying online, I figured I'd drop off the resume at the store. It worked as I was contacted by the co-manager within 4 days for an interview the following Monday. I attended the interview and it went well. He asked me to come back for another 1:1 interview with the store manager. My second interview went great too; however, he shared that my desired salary was outside of the salary bracket of an assistant (14-18/hr) I said I'd still want to be considered for the position. Nevertheless, I was never contacted after that interview even though he said he would contact me the following week. I wish managers were a little more professional and considerate of applicants.

Anonymous Employee in Saratoga Springs, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Saratoga Springs, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

You with in store management team, then the regional team. They ask questions about fashion your personality and work style.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Farmington, CT) in October 2017.

Interview

Was called quickly for an interview. Came in and did a full interview with them only to be told the position was no longer available and that my interview was for a lower position that had a significantly pay rate. I would not have even went to the interview or completed it had I known. Horrible experience.

Anonymous Employee in Portage, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Portage, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

I found the position on Indeed and submitted my resume. Later that day the store manager called me to schedule an interview for the following Monday! The interview was one on one and very easy, we talked mostly about job experience and what I wanted out of the company. At the end of the interview she told me I was the last applicants she was interviewing for the position and that she would be calling 2 people for a second round of interviews with the district manager. Literally 2 hours after my interview with her she called me back for a second interview. I talked with the DM the following day about my work style and management style and where I saw myself in 2,5 and 10 years. The interview was over the phone as she was based across the state. She told me the ultimate discussion was up to the SM and that she would be in contact with whoever she picks by the end of the week. The next 2 days were just a waiting game and phsycing myself out. Today (Friday) I recta called for the store manager telling me I got the job if I wanted it! I went in for paperwork and will be starting work as the new assistant manager as soon as they come back. The whole interviewing process was 1 full week.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you had to lead a team and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Anchorage, AK) in June 2017.

Interview

This particular location did not live up to my expectations. I applied for the Assistant Manager position and was placed in a group interview with those applying for sales associate. The interview was held outside the store on a bench in the mall. Very awkward as people were walking by staring.

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Arlington, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

3 one-on-one interviews with the store manager and then with the district manager. It was just in the back of an extremely messy store where people were eating lunch and boxes and it was incredibly distracting. I went to the same store three times and each time had to pay for parking, I did not get reimbursed for that, so that was annoying.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Forever 21?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Mass Interview, Interviewed with a group very quick process one person after the next. They did not ask too many questions they really look at your resume and see how relatiable you are the company

Interview Questions

• How many employees have you managed?   1 Answer