Forever 21 Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Forever 21 Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Forever 21

2.4

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

Conversational, easy going, non stressful interview with district manager. sat at a coffee shop to discuss my background and what i can offer. talked about future of the company as well

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Forever 21

Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Thousand Oaks, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Two interviews- one with the store and comanager, one with the district manager. Both were not very difficult at all. In store interview will have you pick out outfits. Ask you a lot about what customer service means to you, about what makes you a good manager. Will ask for specific examples. Meeting with DM is very brief.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

I was told to come in at 4pm on a Friday to meet with the store manager for an interview. I show up, 20 minutes early, and look for someone who worked there to ask for the manager. Having to run someone down because they were walking away from me, I finally got to ask for the manager. Without turning her back, the girl says "not here." I told her I had an interview. She walks away, hides in the back for 15 minutes and tells me that the manager MIGHT be back at 6pm and I should wait in the mall for two hours in case she does come back. The worker asked for my number for the store manager to call me, very rudely, and the manager never called me... If you're nervous or have a bad feeling about working at this establishment.. your feeling is probably correct.

Interview Questions

• Asked to come in for interview   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Hampton, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

Called in, interviewed with Co-Manager. Got a call back between a month for two interviews. Second interview with the store manager. Third interview was with district manager over the phone.

Interview Questions

• What was your role as an Assistant Manager?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Interview

I initially went in for a Sales Associate interview. Met manager and other candidates for group interview. Standard customer service etc questions, few behavioural based questions, went around the group basically one by one.

Interview Questions

• The only question that I had not thought to prepare for was what is my favourite fashion designer and why. The rest of the questions were basic like Why did I want to work for Forever 21 and customer based scenarios.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forever 21 in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online about 15 mind after it was posted,. went in the next day filled out an application was asked a few questions on the spot. Was then interviewed a few days later by the same manager. it went very well and I was called for a 2nd interview. Another manager interviewed me and only asked me a few questions. We had a real life conversation and it went well. went back for 3rd interview with actual manager. It was not so great. told me I would know by the end of the night... never called emailed I called two days later, was told I'd be called right back and 4 days later still nothing.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 in September 2014.

Interview

I came to the store around 10:15am for an interview with the Store Manager. She greeted me at the cashwrap and asked me to follow her downstairs. As I did, she walked a little faster and started talking to her employees... Well she was barking orders at them while making her way to the back office. I couldn't help but think that, if that were me, I would very well have walked out the door at that moment if I was being told to do something like that. However, going to the back office, I soon realized that I wasn't going to have a sit down interview with her. No, I had to walk around the Store Manager as she tried to receive shipment from the back hallway. The truck driver was talking loudly to her and she was responding to him as though they were old school friends while asking me the most BASIC and "non-managerial" questions you could imagine. She would swear at the truck driver in a joking manner and she actually stopped the interview so she could chat with him about the day before. When he ended up leaving, I sat down in the office with her and she offered me the job. Yes it was good for me but it was a highly unprofessional interview, she seemed to be a totalitarian personality with no sense of decorum in a work setting.

Interview Questions

• What does a busy day look like to you? How would you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Niagara Falls, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

District manager pulled you aside in a hallway and asked questions about resume and expierence. Was very loud not private at all. couldn't answer questions about which positions were required to do what. Offered me the job once she saw I was interviewing at a different store. Other store manager wasn't very friendly.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have in retail management?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 in December 2013.

Interview

After applying for this position online it took a day to get a call back to set up an interview. I interviewed with the Store Manager and the Manager of Merchandise. Once at the interview I was asked the usual questions like "What would you do if you had an employee that could not meet standards?" "Why have you chosen Forever 21 as a potential employer?" and things of that nature. They advised that I would be managing 150-160 employees at any given time (more local store is very big). When we got to the salary expectations I advised her that I expected at least $15 per hour as the store is one of the larger flagship stores in the area. She advised me that my requested amount was too high for the position and that I would be paid less. At that point I knew whether or not I got an offer I was going to decline.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

For management you have two interviews.The first with a store manager and the second with the district manager.After the interviews you will be asked to submit to a background test.. (They do not do drug testing) Upon hire you will do at least least 40 hrs of training