Forever 21 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,435 Interview Reviews

2.0

1,435 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Anaheim, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I found out about the job opening through Indeed. I decided to give it a shot and applied online on June 10th, 2017. I received a call Monday, which was June 12th, and was asked if I was interested in attending an interview later that same day. The call was around 11 am and I agreed to stop by for the interview at 3 pm. I arrived 10 minutes earlier but got interviewed right away. The interview was quite easy. Simple questions like; "Tell me about yourself" and "What are your weaknesses and strengths" and I was asked about my work history. I was hired on the spot and was asked to come in on Wednesday to start my orientation but I was not able to attend so I am going to start next Wednesday on this upcoming week. Just be sure to sell yourself right and give them the impression that you will be dependable and trustworthy.

Interview Questions

• What would be a perfect excuse for showing up late?   1 Answer
    • What would you do in a sticky situation where you are helping a customer on the cash register and an angry customer interrupts you and starts to complain?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Washington, DC).

Interview

Easy and friendly interview with 2 of the managers in Panera bread. Questions were straightforward, common sense and not too hard. Very casual vibe. Dress casual, business pro is not mandatory.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 in June 2017.

Interview

I filled out an application online & got a call back a few days later then was asked to come in that day for an interview. I really struggled with what to wear but business casual while showing off your personal style is what you should aim for. The interview itself was very brief and laid back. She didn't ask very many questions and mainly just talked about her expectations. I got hired on the spot & asked to come in for orientation the next week.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had experience in customer service? Retail?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Anchorage, AK) in June 2017.

Interview

This particular location did not live up to my expectations. I applied for the Assistant Manager position and was placed in a group interview with those applying for sales associate. The interview was held outside the store on a bench in the mall. Very awkward as people were walking by staring.

Anonymous Employee in Maumee, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Maumee, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

My first interview was simple and fun, although the manager did ask a lot more questions than I expected. My second interview was laid back but at same time the manager gave a vibe that she was serious about this interview. I waited 4 days and called. After a couple minutes of being put on hold, I was told that they wanted to offer me a position.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you saw a customer steal our items?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you saw an employee steal our items?   1 Answer
    • Explain an experience where you received good customer service   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Woodbridge, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

I first called to see if they were hiring and when I heard they were I went inside and picked up an application. After two days I received a call asking me to come in for an interview on the following Monday. The interview was 1 on 1 and the manager was chill she looked very attentive every time I answered a question. She called me back the next day asking if I was still interested in the job opportunity and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• If a customer can't find a specific item in our store, what would you tell them?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

I was told to come in at 4pm on a Friday to meet with the store manager for an interview. I show up, 20 minutes early, and look for someone who worked there to ask for the manager. Having to run someone down because they were walking away from me, I finally got to ask for the manager. Without turning her back, the girl says "not here." I told her I had an interview. She walks away, hides in the back for 15 minutes and tells me that the manager MIGHT be back at 6pm and I should wait in the mall for two hours in case she does come back. The worker asked for my number for the store manager to call me, very rudely, and the manager never called me... If you're nervous or have a bad feeling about working at this establishment.. your feeling is probably correct.

Interview Questions

• Asked to come in for interview   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Forever 21 (New York, NY).

Interview

It was quick. I went to an open call during the morning session. I filled the application and brought my resume. Took us to the back room and questioned us there.

Interview Questions

• Your favorite fashion icon?
      State one thing about yourself.
      Answer Question

Merchandising Manager Interview

Interview

It was a typical retail interview. Lots of customer service questions, training and developing employees, knowing current trends, etc. The store manager interviewed me and it was one of the best interviews. She was easy to talk to so it was more of a conversation rather than an interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I interviewed at Forever 21 in May 2017.

Interview

I had interview with F21 today and it was a group interview with 2 other girls one had worked with the company before as for me and the other girl we had no retail experience but I did work for fast food so I understand the concept of having great customer service skills and working a register. I had read many tips on the group interview on F21 and I seen a lot where you should try to be the first person to answer " which I was and was nervous lol " but I felt like they took their time to talk to me on my previous employment experience and they seemed interested on everything I was explaining and talked about. I think the best thing you can do is go in confident, smile and engage in the questions they ask talk to them normal but also to where they know that you can handle customer service .. As for the dress code I would recommend dress like the store it does somewhat matter during the interview and again try to be outspoken you want to prove to them that you want the job overall the interview was great for it being my first group interview they said it can take up 3 days for a phone call to know if you got hired today I received the phone call for the position 😊 Very excited!

Interview Questions

• What fashion icon do you look up to   1 Answer