Forever 21 Visual Merchandiser + Accessories Merchandise Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Forever 21

1 Interview Review

1.0

Visual Merchandiser + Accessories Merchandise Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Gurnee, IL) in June 2009.

Interview

I had been reading horrible reviews about working for Forever 21, but I am always willing to give something a shot and see for myself. Seeing as I was recently laid off, I didn't have the luxury of being too picky and wanted to stay positive and give it a try.

I had received a call from the manager and she wanted to interview me the following Monday, we scheduled and time and when Monday rolled around, I was there early, but she was nowhere to be found. She "forgot" about the interview.

Luckily, the Co-Manager was there and although she was not prepared for an interview, jumped right in and did a great job. She showed me the different sections of the store and then asked me to identify the trends that were displayed in two groups of mannequins.

After that, I was asked to create two separate looks based on two categories of styles they currently had featured in the store. I had free reign to use whatever I wanted in the store, and she took pictures of it to send to the district VM to review.

The most insulting part of the process (aside from being stood up) was the pay they were offering for a management position- $9/hr. I have a BA in Merchandising and 3 years experience. This might be a great starting place for someone who is still in college, but if you are not entry level I would save your time.

Interview Questions

• Identify the current trends represented in this group of mannequins   Answer Question
  • Create two looks based on two different trends- use anything in the store you'd like.   Answer Question