Forever 21 Head Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Forever 21 Head Cashier Interview Questions

1.4

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Austin, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I had been an Associate and Head Cashier at another location before moving to Austin, Texas. I stopped in to talk to a manager to see if they had any openings for a Head Cashier position at the Austin store. An Assistant Manager gave me an application and I applied in store.

I was called a few days later by the Store Manager to see if I could come in for an interview. When I came in for the interview I was told that there was also an Assistant Manager position open and she would be interviewing me for both.

I was asked some typical questions about retail (loss prevention, customer service, etc.) and about management (Have you ever had to deal with an unruly customer in your store? Name a time when you lead a group to victory). They were fairly simple questions for the most part.

The store manager didn't call for a week or so, so I called the store. She said that she liked me but she was waiting for a background check to make an offer and it might be another week...
    Then two more weeks went by. I guess the background check and the paperwork took forever to get approved by corporate. (I found out in my management role that this happens a lot there.)

Finally I got a call from the Regional Manager with an offer. There was no real room for negotiation. I asked, and he said that what he was paying me was far better than many ASM's make. So I took the offer.

Interview Questions

• You have a customer calling on the phone, a customer on the floor that you are helping currently, and another customer waiting in line to be helped. How do you handle this?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Forever 21 (New York, NY).

Interview

I went in and asked for an applications, and spoke to a manager had a friendly conversation and then asked about the job process. Made sure he remembered my face and came back after I filled it out another day. He remembered me and pushed me to the next manager right away. I made it aware I wanted more than a regular associate position. And blew past the group interview even before it happened. Second interview was with the store manager. Easy questions, typical things, nothing out of the norm.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

Went for an interview and I got hired on the spot

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Torrance, CA).

Interview

You apply on person with a printed job application, you give it to a manager, is most likely they hire you on the Holydas, you dont need experience for an associate, for any other position you do, or you can lie because they dont care, and they call you with in 1 or 2 weeks for and interview, they will hire you almost inmediatly they are always hiring because everyone quits!.

Interview Questions

• Whats on trend now?, How would you approach a customer?, they might ask you to put an oufit together and explain it. and is pretty easy it depends on the manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation

they dont negociate on how much they will pay you, they start you at minimun wage

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Arlington, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is pretty straight forward. They just want to know if you have good communication skills and can handle difficult customers. The hiring manager was very friendly! I applied online and had a 1:1 interview and got notification later that day that I was hired.

Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Arcadia, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Super easy! It was a one on one interview. The hiring manager was super nice and welcoming. I received a call back three days later and started the week after.

"Head Cashier" Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Garden City, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

I was on a long line waiting while I filling out the application for the job, finally after 25 minutes waiting, the hr manager make me a couple questions (-why I would like to work in retail?, -How much of experience a had?). She told me after a few more questions that there was a 99% of possibility that I will get hire. I DID!! They call me the same day and I was asked to start ASAP ( 3 days later).

Interview Questions

• How much of experience I had in retail?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2011.

Interview

Went to a job fair for Forever 21, hired as head cashier on the spot

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Unsure, 7.50 to start, review in 30 days

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Albuquerque, NM) in June 2010.

Interview

Went to a group interview. One of the managers asked about 6-9 questions related to customer service and fashion. We were all hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Name some fashion trends for this season?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a difficult situation with a customer and how you dealt with it   Answer Question

Negotiation

n/a

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in November 2012.

Interview

First a group interview and then a second one on one interview, the manager is likely to be a co-manager of the store. She ask for someone who can prove to have much experience on the position and able to finish the job efficiently and accurately