Forever 21 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017
1,406 Interview Reviews

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

this was a group interview around the holiday season with about 15 other people in this. the general manager Asked us about 5 questions and went around the circle, once he was finished he let us all know we were all hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• what do you like about fashion? why should we hire you? are you willing to be flexible with schedule?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Forever 21 (New York, NY).

Interview

It was quick. I walked in the store, at that time they were having a job fair. I filled out an application, waited for about 30 mins. They called my group in, they interviewed us and all of us got hired. I brought the paperwork back two days letter and started working right away

Fit Model/Sample Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied and was contacted by a recruiter to send photos and answer a few questions. Weeks later she called to set up an interview. I was told to wear leggings and a tank top. When I got to the interview the recruiter came down to get me and put me in a room where I was told I would be interviewed, after waiting in the room for about 15 minutes she came to get me and took me to another place where I just tried on clothes for about an hour for the buyer then the recruiter came back to get me and that was it and told me she would be in touch. I never met with the supervisor she told me I would meet with. I was very confused I WAS NEVER INTERVIEWED OR GIVEN A CHANCE TO SPEAK WITH ANYONE!!! THEY JUST USED ME FOR FREE LABOR and then emailed me to tell me that I was not chosen, like seriously? I'm so done with the company!!!!

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

Application was sent in August, didn't get contacted until late December. Ever since, I was asked in for 6 times of interviews for two departments, within 3 months period. By the time they set the department that they want to process with me, the title dropped a grade. And the chair of the department had me waited for over an hour for a 5 minutes quick interview. They also made me visiting many stores in the greater Los Angeles area, yet, no interviewer ever brought up any question about those stores. Base on that, i can see the store visiting order was made by HR, but not the department that is interested in me.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

It was an open interview, I came in filled out an app and waited in line with like 20-30 other people. Group interview with a sales associate, he was pretty nice. The actual manager was very rude though, said they'd call back if they liked our application.

Interview Questions

• What are some things about yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I waited in line to apply in store at the booth. I had an initial phone call and was invited for a group interview in the Sacramento mall. Over 100 people showed up that day and they took us in batches (for our scheduled times). I think it was about 25 interviewees at a time in one room with 2 manager interviewers. We watched a video and were asked basic interview questions as a group. I received a follow-up call the week after for a 1:1 phone interview and the offer the next week.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions about customer service and how you would handle someone who looks like they're stealing.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They tell you what you need to know in your group interview.

Visual Merchandising Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

1. Very passionate management team
    2. Intriguing questions - a mix with fashion questions and merchandising questions
    3. Ask lots of questions back - seemed to like that
    4. Conversational style interview
    5. Went on a walk and looked at floor sets and discussed what is a high sell and low sale and how it was merchandised

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?
      What is your fashion style ?
      Answer Question

Sales - Seasonal Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 in October 2016.

Interview

The company had an booth at the job fair. There were two very nice ladies, they were obviously getting a lot of applications. I asked for one, she handed me one attached to a clip and I filled it out. Right after returning it to her, one the them look me on the side for an informal interview and offered me the job right on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Forever 21?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Broomfield, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I received a call the same day to set up an interview and was able to go in the next day. When I went in to the store I had to fill out another application and write out five answers to questions the manager wanted answered. I felt like this was kind of pointless because she had my original application and basically asked the same questions I answered on the sheet of paper.

After filling out the paperwork she conducted an interview and asked basic questions. I was also required to pick out an outfit in the store and sell it to the manager as if she was a customer.

The whole process took about 45 minutes and she offered me a job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Fullerton, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview wasn't too bad. They talked about the company, and how things were run, and they sort of see how you react to what they tell you. It honestly wasn't too nervewracking, rather it was more casual. Just be genuine and give honest answers. The company wants to see that you're dedicated to what you do, and they stress that you should know your limits, because retail really isn't for everyone.