Forever 21 Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 8, 2017

2.3

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied the night before and got called in the same day to do an 1-1 interview. I also got hired that day an hour after the interview. Very easy going interview, manager just asked personal questions and some professional ones.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself?
      2. Why do you want to work for Forever 21?
      3. What is your major?
      4. Explain your previous job?
      Answer Question

Assistant Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Recruiter was super nice and quick to schedule me in for an interview. I sent follow up emails after the interview and the recruiter said she would update me later on in the week, but failed to do so as I followed up once agin. She called me later in the day to tell me that the department took a while to update her then said the position was closed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Why do you want to work at Forever 21?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years?
      Answer Question

Assistant Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview first, then in person. Don't think about applying here if you have related work experience in the Korean businesses in the DTLA fashion district. They will go through the phone screening with you and tell you to come to their offices, but they will not hire you. Also, if they ask if you are bilingual and you say yes (Korean), expect the entire interview to progress in Korean.

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty straight forward, I was ask a few simple questions that lead to putting together a few outfits and taking a tour around the store. Super easy, nothing to really lose sleep about.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redondo Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Redondo Beach, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Got a call for an interview, came in the next day and asked for the assistant manager. I was then taken to a table where a group interview was being held. The assistant manager was very nice and made the the interview like a big conversation. We were all asked around 5 questions I believe.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

i got the call to go in and ask for one of the managers that i wont name. I waited for 15 mins and was taken to an office were one of the managers interviewed me. Then i had a second onterview right after that. When i finished with second interview they told me i got the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Irvine, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied to Forever 21 on a Wednesday and was asked to come in for an interview that same Saturday. The interview was with the hiring manager and it was very laid back and relaxed, no stress really. We talked for literally 5 minutes and she asked about my past work experience and what I valued most with good customer service. She was genuinely very interested in my background and I was offered the position on the spot. I was asked to begin working that coming Wednesday but was unable to because of a conflict with classes.

Interview Questions

• What is your past work experience, and do you have any experience with sales or customer service?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever experienced an instance where a customer was very unhappy? How did you approach the situation?   Answer Question
    • What about the customer service is most important to you when you first enter a store?   1 Answer
    • Due to it being summer and the mall extending its hours of operation, there are instances when you may have to stay after hours to help prepare for the next day. Do you have any problem working past 10PM?   Answer Question

I had a conflict with my summer class/training schedule that could not be worked out. I also received a job offer from another company.

Visual Merchandiser- Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Culver City, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a talent acquisition recruiter on LinkedIn and she asked me what positions I was interested in, I told her and she set me up with an interview for the next week. I was asked to bring my resume and print and filled out the application, meet with the Assistant merchandise manager in the AM at the store. I showed up and the AM was in the middle of merchandising, she stopped and said she was going to grab a senior stylist to interview me as well. Super unpersonal we sat in the middle of the loud mall, and as they were interviewing me the AM kept getting distracted by passers-byers.

I was well prepared for this interview, did my research on the company as well as the position. As the interview started they were just telling me about the position and what it entailed. They asked me to tell them about my self so I didn't tell them all the places I worked but rather all the experience I gained and they seems impressed and said I would need all those skills in this position and some were a plus. Next they asked me where I would think they get inspiration from for the men's Shop and I said Zara and explained why, she told me yesterday Zara is a good one but Topshop is who they follow for merchandising and styling! That was a huge turn off for me because honestly I am a truly creative person and I get inspired from several different sources but I never copy, or follow anyone else's ideas!

Next was the merchandise test. They asked me to build a wall in the men's department representing the guy I thought was missing in the department along with styles for mannequins to fit that same style. She gave me 30min. And when I was done i explained my concept and she said ok. She didn't look disappointed or like she approved either, but she took pictures, jotted down some notes and sent it off to whoever. I got a call the same day from the recruiter saying she wasn't sure what their reason was but I didn't get the position. I thought the interview went great.

Interview Questions

• What men's brand do you think we get merchandiser and style inspiration from?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • How do you handle multiple personalities?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Carson, CA).

Interview

They were very rude. Didn't seem to care about the process at all and seemed to rush through everything. Super uninterested in the answers to the interview. The overall process wasn't pleasant

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Arcadia, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

My interview process was an open interview, and it consisted of asking me how fashionable I am and told me situations and asked what I would do about it. Just think of it like a conversation with them instead of an interview, at least that's how I felt about it.