Forever 21 Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.2

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Glendale, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Really pleasant, really nice interview :) First was a group interview and if they like you they call you back for a second, individual interview. They ask basic retail questions, not too hard. Make sure to dress trendy-ish. Don't be shy and be yourself :)

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I went in to inquire about working at the counter. The general manager happened to be on site so he interviewed me then and there. He was impressed with my background and offered me the position of visual associate, and said he was "taking a chance on me."

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

I had a one on one with the store manager- basically if you dress cute. Seriously no blazers and slacks. You'll get the job if you're just yourself. Its truly not hard. They basically just want you to be hip and/ or edgy. I'd advise against nose rings and tattoos- although their policy may have changed. I worked in both Newport Beach and San Francisco- and NB they definately cared, SF- not so much. So gauge your audience and you'll do fine. I mean- if you want this job still.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went out of your way to help a customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Whittier, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The process took 1 week. I came in to deliver my resume and filled out an application and got a call 1 week later for an open interview. I was Interviewed with 2 other girls.
    Tips: they will make you pick an outfit to wear to a certain event and it doesn't have to match or anything as long as you explain why you chose those pieces (they want to know how well you explain things for customers)
    Also, dress stylish. For example, I wore slacks,'pointed flats, black and white polka dot button up, and a black statement necklace.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer
    • What is the worst thing your previous manager would say about you   Answer Question
    • What is the best thing your precious manager would say about you?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at forever 21?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I interiewed in person with the asm and the store manager. It was really basic and conversational. They asked questions like what is your inspiration for style. And availability. I did okay. I thought I didn't get the job but they called back a week later. I requested my wage and got it. The problem however is that they hire very lazy people with no retail or sales skills and only a few hard working people. And they hire a lot of peope with no sense of fashion despite fashion being one of the cpmpany's core values. Employees should not be dressed so basic.

Interview Questions

• Where does your inspiration for style come from?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Cerritos, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Printed the application and turned it in the next day. I got a call a week later and went in for an interview. Basic questions about past work experiences and how I would deal with certain scenarios. They said I should expect a call later on that week if I were hired and was never called.

Interview Questions

• If a customer walks in and you are helping a customer already, do you greet the customer that just walked in or continue helping your customer?   1 Answer

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

It was pretty eaey. Applied online before summer when they started hiring, got a phone call two days later before I'd even followed up. Set up a group interview, went in and was hired on the spot, along with everyone else in my interview group (about 8 people). They're always desperate for new hires honestly.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Palmdale, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview, there was about 8 people including myself, they went around the table asking some simple questions first to make everybody feel comfortable. The environment was really laid back but professional of course. For me it was the easiest interview i've been in. Good advice to give you is to be confident and be yourself! I did the interview yesterday and they called me today about the job offer, where I gladly accepted. I go in Sunday to turn in the paperwork :)

Interview Questions

• The questions were really different than any interview i've been in, I will not be adding them because you can't predict what they will ask you. Just answer the questions as honestly and confidently as possible!   Answer Question

Assistant Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

I heard back in approximately five days from the recruiter to ask my availability for an interview. She told me pay was $13-17 and if I was ok with that range. I said I was hoping for a starting hourly of $16 or more so yes, it was in my range. She gave me an appointment.

Interview Questions

• Manager said- Ive only skimmed your resume. Tell me about yourself. Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Northridge, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Really friendly introduction and great first impression, they were very informative about the job and what's expected of the future employee.(hopefully me). I asked a lot of questions about the hours the work, what's expected it was very helpful which I was thoroughly surprised about.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer