Forever 21 Merchandise Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Mixed feelings about their hiring process. Initially did a group interview which was very general with the VP of buying and a recruiter (group interview for buying department). The recruiter asked us several questions including: 1) Describe a mistake you made and what you did to solve it 2) What's your best / most favorite accomplishment...can't quite remember the last one. 2 weeks later I received a call for a one on one interview for a Merchandising Coordinator position (which I did not apply to), met with the DMM of the buying department and she asked me questions such as: 1) When was the last time you went shopping 2) What do you think about our website 3) Name your favorite designers etc..

Basically by the end of our very brief interview (about 15-20 minutes, and she was late, and she interrupted the interview by taking a phone call and stepping outside), I felt as though I didn't get a chance to talk about my prior work experience or skills / talent. She barely asked me questions that involved what I actually knew. Her face and emotions were stone cold blank which that I can understand as an interviewer is sometimes a tactic, but her questions were just...off. Not like any interview I've ever been to before. She didn't even know what position she was interviewing me for, she had to ask me what I was there to interview for.

Overall I don't see how she could've gotten an accurate gauge of one's ability and skill, it was more like a test of 'let's see if you crack under pressure, let's ask these weird off questions and be very stoic to see how you react'

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question, just questions you wouldn't prepare for, but would know off the bat (meaning your wording and poise may come off as startled) - !) When was the last time you went shopping? 2) What do you think of our website?   Answer Question