Forever 21 Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2017

2.1

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Forever 21 (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Went to an open call at the Union Square location. We waited a good 45 minutes until they gave us applications to fill out. Took us five at a time and had group interview. The employee asked us three questions. He then asked for all our applications and resumes. He calls the names of people who make it to the next round. I pass the first round, and we are taken two at a time into another room. We were handed our resumes & applications, the others were told theirs would be on file. I honestly thought we would meet with someone of a higher position for more interview questions, but we were handed packets with legal papers and told our salary. I was basically hired on the spot, based purely on the interview questions. I left with my resume & application- no one really looked at it.

Anonymous Employee in Elmhurst, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Elmhurst, NY).

Interview

The interview was very brief and I was hired the same day , was my second job ever so didn't need much experience.i applied at a job fair in the mall , they gave me a call about three days later , my interview was during a very busy season for the company so the interview was very rushed

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

It was an open house interview at the union square forever 21, but they were hiring people at their new store in times square. Me and my two friends on that line to wait for an interview for 5 hours! When we finally got into the group interview room, things were laid back, really easy and fun questions and we nailed every single one of them perfectly. Tjhere was no call back for us, but I only assume the reason is because there was so many people who applied. there were about 500 people everyday for a four day open house.. they only needed like 600 people.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • If you were a character in a movie who would you play?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

I have a couple of friends that work at Forever21 in times Square and they let me know that they were holding open interviews. I went in with my application and went to the first floor where the interviews were being held, they let a group of about 7 of us into one of the fitting room areas and. First the manager introduced himself, then he took our applications and asked us 3 questions and one by one we answered them in order. The first question is why r u interested in working for forever21, the second was what does customer service mean to you, and the third was a time when you went above and beyond to deliver great customer service. I haven't gotten a call back yet but hopefully by today or tomorrow *crosses fingers* :)

Interview Questions

• "Tell me a time when you went above and beyond to deliver great customer service"   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Forever21 ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (New York, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

There was a group interview that took 10 minutes at most. We were only asked one questions; Why do you want to work here ? You knew if you got the job right away after receiving a small card with an orientation date on it.

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

I went to an open call. The line was huge. When I arrived, I noticed everyone had an application. So I went inside and ask one of the staff for an application. A couple of minutes later a staff tells me we cannot interview you because you are too casually dressed but you are welcome to shop. I told her I really want to work here & how did a manager determined I was too casually dressed. Can I speak to her? She walked back in the store and gave me an application & said give it to me once your done. I of course did not. She for some reason did not like me. So I waited on line for my shot at an interview because there was so many people. Some were dressed similar to me, other corporate and others were dressed styish. Anyways, I got an interview. They ask why forever 21? Name a designer? We played a brief listening game, we did all of this while competing with loud store music! Unprofessional yet they want to critique how I was dressed. Irony! Anyways, I was so frustrated with this question because he insisted he wanted designers. I told him the truth Forever 21 is a household name. Its caters to fashionista on a budget so why the hell are we talking about Michael Kors, Armani, Louis Vuitton when Forever 21 is not even in the same effin league as these designers. Pretentious much! I was a little too outspoken & honest. I did not name a designer instead I said I like Rihanna's style because she is a rebel & not afraid to take risks. Which foreshadowed exactly my personality LOL. I was myself & I even strut as I walked out the store like a boss. I doubt I will get a call back but the hell with them! Basically, they want someone who lives & dies for fashion although you work at a basic store like forever 21. Whatever happen to wanting a job to have fun, make friends and make some extra cash!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Garden City, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

My App:
    - So when I handed in my APP IN PERSON! thats important, dont apply online they dont really check online. The very same day I got a call asking to come in for an interview Mon 4-6:30. Most of them are usually quick and they also dont care if you already applied and didnt get the position

Dress for the interview:
    -Something cute, it doesn't really matter that much to be honest.

Interview:
    People waited by the plus section and when you were called you followed the person and they asked you questions like
    -Whats good cusomter service
    -Describe your self in 3 ways
    -Have you ever had a bad customer, what happened and how did you deal with it
    -If you had to close the store and the customer was still here and you needed to make a sale what would you do? but you also have to leave sooncause ur shift is ending
    -They show u an item and like you have to describe how'd you sell it

Interview was a piece of cake, either they telll you to come in for orientation on the spot OR you get a call with in 1-2 hours after..if you don't..you didn't get it.

Interview Questions

• You have to sell this coral shirt, how would you do it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you want this job, just now a lot of people quit after 2 weeks or 2 days,
    Retail is hard which is why he usually get paid more than other jobs do.
    Also..know you'll be on your feet for 4 hours the least 10 hours the most. It's tough.
    You need to be a people person and deal with stupid or rude customers.
    Just think carefully about this job.
    It's good for experiance though, and like I said other stores def like to see if you have experaince from a big store like forever 21

XXI Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Short Hills, NJ) in November 2011.

Interview

Heard about the new store opening and they did open interviews and I literally walk in filled out an application handed in my resume the assistant manager asked me two questions (she didnt even want to do the interview) and said I was hired on the spot. The next day I did my training and the day after I officially started working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate my salary and I wish I did. Advice to others is to really ask what is your duties on the job because you may want to take that into consideration for how much you get paid.

Anonymous Employee in Freehold, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Freehold, NJ) in October 2012.

Interview

Really easy i went in she offered me a job on the spot.Unfortunately i couldn't take the job due to Huricane Sandy in NJ i had a lot of personal issues that kept me from taking the job.

Interview Questions

• There wasnt anything difficult she interviewed me then afterwards offered me a job on the spot   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

It was around the holiday season so that is the best time to apply, it was an easy process since they were holding open houses every Wednesday since September (I applied in December). It wasn't easy because they were desperate for the, but I was myself and I answered the questions with confidence. They are looking for open availability and prior experience but try to stand out if you have on and not the other.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straight forward, answer honestly and be ORIGINAL. I can't stress that enough, how are you going to make an impression in any interview or in life.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing, starting pay was above minimum wage.