Forever 21 Sales Floor Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Forever 21 Sales Floor Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Forever 21

1.9

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

Online application followed by a phone interview and then interview in person.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Forever 21

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (San Antonio, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Went in last minute for a group interview. It was my first interview and I went in unprepared as a last minute "what the heck" kind of thing. Be prepared to "sell" a article of clothing to the interviewer. Don't say anything negative about it, sell its positives, but don't sound too fake.

Interview Questions

• what would you do with a troubling customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Walnut Creek, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

i attended an open job fair for the opening of the new store in walnut creek, ca. it was held outside of the location. we were required to bring a resume as well as fill out an application. a district manager spoke of the company, and we were directed to 1:1 interviews with other management staff and from there based on personality and experience offered a position or not

Interview Questions

• how have you handled an irate customer in the past   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Norfolk, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

I turned in my application and got a call to attend an interview the same day. Based on how I was scheduled (it seemed arbitrary and the manager didn't bother to schedule my name into a specific time slot) it sounded like a group interview--which it was. There were two managers who conducted the interview. They ask some stock questions provided by Forever 21 (standard ones regarding how to treat customers, etc). It seemed almost conversational and the applicants took turns. They do ask about what shrink is and what other retail terms mean. It's good not to be a show-off and hog the entire conversation, but it's also good not to shrink into the background.

Interview Questions

• What is shrink?   1 Answer
    • We were given an item of clothing and asked to "sell" the garment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate, but I wasn't expecting to be able to since it's an entrance position and you don't need extensive retail experience to get this job. When the manager called to tell me I'd been hired she gave me the wage they were offering (a little over minimum) and asked if I wanted to accept or decline.

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Norman, OK) in October 2012.

Interview

I arrived a little early and wandered the floor until it was time for the interview. It was a group interview with me and 4 other girls. The manager took us to a lounge area outside the store. She started with the basics, like "Tell us about yourself, your work experience, ECT" She also asked "I see tons of applications a day, why should I hire you?" The best thing is to just say you are determined, goal oriented, and have a strong work ethic. She then divided us into two groups. Group 1 went with the manager to look at the clothes and talk to the manager about visualization. Group 2 had to pick out an outfit and then try any sell it to the manager. After my group showed her our outfit and pitched it to her, she hired us both on the spot.

Interview Questions

• The manager asked us "If you could be any animal, what would you be?" I answered simply, a cat, because they are sleek and beautiful animals. I was a bit confused by this question. I wasn't sure why she asked. I think maybe she just wanted to see the playful sides of the interviewees and see who could still have fun while working hard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I filled out the application and went to the Forever that was hiring. Gave them my application and didn't get a call for a bit. I called them to check in and they told me to come in for an interview the next day. I did and got the call to start asap.

Interview Questions

• Pick out an outfit for beach day and one for concert.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Phila, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied in person and got a call for an interview a couple days later. It was a group interview which was not mentioned, but I already had a feeling that it would be. There was about three other people in the group and it was pretty casual. This was my first interview so I was pretty nervous, but I answered all the questions pretty well. I saw somewhere that you should dress like your own style to impress the manager so they know you have style, BUT dress business casual. Don't dress like how you would on a normal basis because I think that's where I went wrong. I wore converse, leggings, tank, and cardigan.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2010.

Interview

I didn't prepare myself for this interview and that was my downfall. It was a group interview and the manager doing the interview wasn't being very receptive to the group. However, you should now the basics like their different brands, and be friendly because it is customer service. The group interview was difficult because it is a little tough trying to stand out but try to remember that they want enthusiastic employees.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were suspicious about a customer stealing an item?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

I was shopping and saw a table with a sign that said hiring and some applications. I had been looking for a second job and I figured why not. I filled one out turned it in and got a call back the next day or possibly the day after that. I had an interview set up a few days later that when I arrived I realized was a group interview. I wore something that would be considered trendy due to the nature of the job. I was interviewed with two other girls and it was relatively easy. The questions for the lost part were the typical who are you what have you done in the past why do you want to work here etc. As well as telling us about the company and the types of personality they're looking for. At the end of the interview we were all hired on the spot. Generally they do call backs I believe, but he said he wanted all three of us so there was no need to call individually. We were then all set up with an orientation date and sent on our ways.

Interview Questions

• If a customer were to come up to you with this shirt and say she really liked it but she's not sure if it would look good on her or how to wear it what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Concord, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

You show up to find that it is a group interview. They take you to a corner of the store and ask you questions. Then they ask you to pick out an outfit and give you 10 minutes to go and find one.

Interview Questions

• If I called your last employer and asked what is something negative about you what would it be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.