Forever 21 Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Forever 21 Store Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Forever 21

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roselle, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Roselle, NJ) in July 2018.

Interview

I had a total of 4 interviews. I was ultimately offered a position but I turned it down due to pay and PTO. Forever21 offered me 10K less than what I am already making and the rate at which you can earn PTO is very slow. As a store manager I would only earn 5 days after a full year of working. Most management positions at least allow you to use PTO and pay back throughout the year and if you use it before you earn it it comes out of your last pay check.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Forever 21

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braintree, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Braintree, MA) in January 2018.

Interview

At first it was great, the district manager interviewed me first and we clicked very well, had similar views, and great ideas. Unfortunately their Vice President of stores who handles the Boston area is horrible. She has no personality what so ever and no emotion. I felt like I was interviewing with a robot and thats honestly in my opinion not the kind of person to manage any kind of business. She had zero concept or understanding of any other retail structures or companies but assumed she did and even tried to educate me on my previous company that I was with for almost 10 years and everything she said was false and in-accurate assumptions. Do not waste your time here!

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

Waited over an hour because they forgot they scheduled my interview. Come to find out after waiting that all the positions were filled. So the SM who was supposed to do the interview had the co manager do it for 'experience' apparently. They weren't exactly polite either, it felt more like an interrogation than an interview. Just overall etiquette was lacking, they said they plan to call me back for a different position but I have no desire to work for a company this unorganized and unprofessional. Really disappointed in the overall lack of character shown by the management team. Professional courtesy is a requirement in this industry.

Interview Questions

• Experience based questions, opportunity and success questions, training and developing, etc...   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 in October 2016.

Interview

Very brief, over-the-phone interview from corporate HR, then a second over-the-phone interview with direct supervisor. They asked pretty general questions about my background and retail experience, and what my future career goals are. They made me an offer shortly after, to which I countered and they accepted. Overall it was very easy and they were friendly.

Interview Questions

• Asked about retail experience, and why I would be a good fit with Forever 21 and their customer.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 in March 2016.

Interview

It was a very laid back interview and I felt comfortable answering the questions. We were outside the store and i felt like I was talking to a friend. She made sure that I was comfortable and we talked for about an hour

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my previous experience and what the job entailed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

several phone calls, took about a month to complete the process. DM at the time was very helpful and walked me through the process. I had several phone interviews with the recruiter, regional manager (since eliminated those positions) and the DM for the area at the time.

Interview Questions

• Typical, how to handle difficult situations, coaching, leadership skills and work experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Honolulu, HI) in July 2013.

Interview

I was sent an e mail by Kawika the Hawaii DM for a Store Manager interview asking if I can come in the next day. I am a store manager I cant just "take a day off" I replied saying I could make it on Thursday sadly I needed to work. She never sent as much of a courtesy reply because I couldn't drop everything to come in the next day. Already shows how they treat there managers.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

no real process; dictated by DM/RM
    DM must be able to convince RM of appropriateness of hire/pay

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

First interviewed with District Manager then waited for a few weeks until the Regional Manager flew out to interview me and I was informed I had the Job within the same week.

Interview Questions

• Can tell me what is projected to be the popular fashion styles this season? What are the names of the pieces and what are the popular colors this season?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. I either took what they offered or didn't accept the job.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Seattle, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

Process is Long and you have to willing to drive hours to meet up with the District Manager. Then once you meet up for the interview, you go have a background check then you wait hoping to hear back from the DM.

Interview Questions

• be prepared to talk about your strengths and experience with a retail enviroment   Answer Question