Forever 21 Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Forever 21 Store Manager Interview Questions

2.5

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

Waited over an hour because they forgot they scheduled my interview. Come to find out after waiting that all the positions were filled. So the SM who was supposed to do the interview had the co manager do it for 'experience' apparently. They weren't exactly polite either, it felt more like an interrogation than an interview. Just overall etiquette was lacking, they said they plan to call me back for a different position but I have no desire to work for a company this unorganized and unprofessional. Really disappointed in the overall lack of character shown by the management team. Professional courtesy is a requirement in this industry.

Interview Questions

• Experience based questions, opportunity and success questions, training and developing, etc...   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Forever 21

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

several phone calls, took about a month to complete the process. DM at the time was very helpful and walked me through the process. I had several phone interviews with the recruiter, regional manager (since eliminated those positions) and the DM for the area at the time.

Interview Questions

• Typical, how to handle difficult situations, coaching, leadership skills and work experience   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

First interviewed with District Manager then waited for a few weeks until the Regional Manager flew out to interview me and I was informed I had the Job within the same week.

Interview Questions

• Can tell me what is projected to be the popular fashion styles this season? What are the names of the pieces and what are the popular colors this season?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. I either took what they offered or didn't accept the job.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Forever 21.

Interview

no real process; dictated by DM/RM
    DM must be able to convince RM of appropriateness of hire/pay

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Honolulu, HI) in July 2013.

Interview

I was sent an e mail by Kawika the Hawaii DM for a Store Manager interview asking if I can come in the next day. I am a store manager I cant just "take a day off" I replied saying I could make it on Thursday sadly I needed to work. She never sent as much of a courtesy reply because I couldn't drop everything to come in the next day. Already shows how they treat there managers.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Seattle, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

Process is Long and you have to willing to drive hours to meet up with the District Manager. Then once you meet up for the interview, you go have a background check then you wait hoping to hear back from the DM.

Interview Questions

• be prepared to talk about your strengths and experience with a retail enviroment   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Denver, CO) in February 2011.

Interview

Interview with DM
    Interview with SM
    Interview with RM

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nothing

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Chicago, IL) in November 2010.

Interview

Company recruiter called, set up time to do open interviews with a District Manager. From there application process, interview, and waited for 1 wk to hear back only to find out the DM lost my info. Then another week to find out if I had the job, then to start rt away.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not very long and DM said there was only so much he could do, took a pay cut for position.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Forever 21 (Chicago, IL) in August 2009.

Interview

Was presented the opportunity to interview with upper management for position. Interviewer was clear, set expectations and did a trial basis. During trial specific goals were set, met and exceeded. Once trial perios was over, was offered position and accepted.

Interview Questions

• What are the biggest opportunities you think you will face moving into this role within the company?   1 Answer
    • If your name were on the company marquee, how would you operate this business differently?   1 Answer

Negotiation

To some degree, but the offer was decent, commensurate with experience, and offer additional benefits to compensate.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Forever 21 in July 2011.

Interview

Had me go through 3 interviews only to never hear back from them. On the 2nd interview I had to wait over an hour because they couldnt figure out my interview. And the 3rd was done by an assistant manager who seem disgruntled and uninterested in the interview. waste of my time. Glad i didnt get it because a better offer came the next month. One that didnt involve mandatory monday meetings at 7am and 2am closes :)

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work there?   1 Answer